Melbourne Football

Sydney v Melbourne City FC - Saturday 10th April 5.05pm

n i k o

1 hour ago, malloy said:

My dislike of Noone isn't just in relation to this game.

I think he is too easily nullified. All defenders need to do is just to stand him up, and leave him with the sole option of passing the ball, which he isn't that great at when being jockeyed. He generally only gets passed his man when they go in for the tackle or over commit.

Plus I think he is too soft and has no grit.

It might be irrational for me to dislike, but I can't see it changing.

I think this more about you than him, agree with his flaws, but every week he is at minimum in top 3 or 4 blokes. 

The actual conundrum is that the youngsters behind him are pushing their case. Can see he him being changed earlier around 60minutes soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malloy said:

My dislike of Noone isn't just in relation to this game.

I think he is too easily nullified. All defenders need to do is just to stand him up, and leave him with the sole option of passing the ball, which he isn't that great at when being jockeyed. He generally only gets passed his man when they go in for the tackle or over commit.

Plus I think he is too soft and has no grit.

It might be irrational for me to dislike, but I can't see it changing.

He certainly lacks the explosiveness and can be easily pushed off the ball at times, saying that I think he contributed a lot more to the team this year in a positive way. My biggest critic points would still be inconsistent crossing quality and he’s become rather selfish in recent weeks.

We should move this into the Noone thread.

Despite his flaws Noone is our second highest goalscorer so it's hard justify him being dropped at this stage of the season.  Despite our free-scoring all of our forwards have missed easy chances recently, and we've made a couple of goalkeepers look a lot better than they really are, and I see Noone as part of that rather than someone who should be singled out. And who would replace him? Cola is pushing a below-par and injured Nabbout, and Tilio is making a claim for a place, but who is pushing Noone for the LW berth?

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We should move this into the Noone thread

Despite his flaws Noone is our second highest goalscorer so it's hard justify him being dropped at this stage of the season.  Despite our free-scoring all of our forwards have missed easy chances recently, and we've made a couple of goalkeepers look a lot better than they really are, and I see Noone as part of that rather than someone who should be singled out. And who would replace him? Cola is pushing a below-par and injured Nabbout, and Tilio is making a claim for a place, but who is pushing Noone for the LW berth?

Thats it, well granted for him to start based on performance by all means. Run your ass off for 60minutes and get the young guys on. That counts for both our wingers and midfield positions.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

We should move this into the Noone thread.

Actually i think Tillio has a pretty good left peg, a bit stronger than Colokavski is on his left foot. so i think Cola on right and Tillio on the left. 

44 minutes ago, Nate said:

lol you'd think we lost this game

1-1 away to Sydney FC is good

We strive for the best on this forum Nate!! We have been spoiled of late.

Many consider our squad the best in the league so anything less than a win shouldn’t be celebrated haha.

Edited by Mr MO

5 hours ago, Nate said:

lol you'd think we lost this game

1-1 away to Sydney FC is good

Pretty much this.

In past city/heart seasons we would've got completely smashed playing up there. Now, with this new steely resolve we've developed over the past two seasons, we are no longer a mentally weak team. The fact that we are coming back and winning/drawing games when we get down stuns me, considering what we have been like in past season's.

Thought we played well enough to snatch it at the end there but considering how dominant Sydney were (especially in the first half) I'll definitely take a draw. The tilio sub changed the whole game, and he definitely deserves more minutes if possible.

Noone is an interesting one. Definitely should be a starter, and on his day he is electric but he is also just as inconsistent as the average a league player. His crossing/decision making is what let's him down. He always gets into dangerous positions, but has a tendency to kick the ball to nobody. Nothing drastic, just needs to take an extra half a second and make sure he is hitting someone with those crosses.

The biggest thing we should take out of this game is that it's time to give tilio and colakovski more minutes. With nabbout likely not to play in the Derby, one of the two should get a starting berth and a chance to show us what they are really made of.