Melbourne Football

What can we do to boost our attendance?

citypool

It is actually the only logical path to go down. 

I've banged on about this for ages. No point in targeting the general Melbourne population, soccer is a minority sport and will be for several generations to come.

What they are doing and have been for a while is reaching out to local grassroots who atleast are involved in the game.

It's not going to be easy, as also has been quoted endlessly a big slice are already tards, maybe not this season but in general. 

Another group are committed to their local and pretty much not interested in A League (a big percentage are also Euro snobs and get behind the socceroos)

Then you have another big element at the grassroots mainly at junior level that are not actually soccer people, these are basically a group that put little Johnny and now Jenny in a "safe" organised sport on the weekends but basically aren't that fussed with game.

So for the club to actually get/build support by engaging with these clubs is a long term activity.

But it's exactly what they must do, and in the years to come will rightly make Melbourne city the club we all want it to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jovan said:

It is actually the only logical path to go down. 

I've banged on about this for ages. No point in targeting the general Melbourne population, soccer is a minority sport and will be for several generations to come.

What they are doing and have been for a while is reaching out to local grassroots who atleast are involved in the game.

It's not going to be easy, as also has been quoted endlessly a big slice are already tards, maybe not this season but in general. 

Another group are committed to their local and pretty much not interested in A League (a big percentage are also Euro snobs and get behind the socceroos)

Then you have another big element at the grassroots mainly at junior level that are not actually soccer people, these are basically a group that put little Johnny and now Jenny in a "safe" organised sport on the weekends but basically aren't that fussed with game.

So for the club to actually get/build support by engaging with these clubs is a long term activity.

But it's exactly what they must do, and in the years to come will rightly make Melbourne city the club we all want it to be.

That’s it!

Reading through the City Clubs benefits is a win win to me.

Thanks for these recent posts. I noticed about 3 weeks ago that Sandy Soccer Club has changed its training ground from near my place to another facility only a couple of minutes further away that I pass every evening on my daily walk. The floodlights are on there Monday to Friday evenings, boys and girls training, and plenty of new equipment being used - I presume that this change reflects the new arrangement with City.

As @Jovan says, it's the only way to go. "City in the Community" and Heart's original commitment in that direction was one of the things that drew me to our club in the first place. Long may it continue.

• Like 1