Melbourne Football

The annual Koren out, Samaras to City thread.

Dylan

Can we merge this with the Thompson thread?

Might have only played 5 games (67 minutes ) at west brom but clearly showed he was the best striker in the world, despite not scoring a goal, on the back of having twice scored more than 5 whole goals in his last 4 seasons in the incredibly challenging environment of the SPL.

I'm sure it would be easy to pry him away from the sand leagues where he would be undervalued and get him to come and play under the cap to help develop football in Greece.

JVS anyone, player coach.................noooo, what was I thinking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKN_baFI44Q

my point, well.....sort of.

JVS was quite a good player, who was creative and technically very good.

but I wonder thinking if that influences his coaching style??

The more I think about it, what I have wondered for a while might be true and bare with me.

as a player he was allowed to be creative, total football an all that.

I think he would like that as well, he gives our players too much leeway in terms of tactics (positioning, pressing, movement, passing) that is more akin to youth coaching, letting them work it out as they go kinda thing.

In a senior side there must be structure, a way to press, movement on the ball and off it, multiple ways of playing out from the back, responsibilities that are certain.

I think this is his weakness, not his man management skills, but getting across a way to play, expectations of players and how they should play.

In the FFA cup I knew straight away that the fundamentals were all wrong, why? He does not teach them, he expects the players to work it out.

JVS anyone, player coach.................noooo, what was I thinking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKN_baFI44Q

my point, well.....sort of.

JVS was quite a good player, who was creative and technically very good.

but I wonder thinking if that influences his coaching style??

The more I think about it, what I have wondered for a while might be true and bare with me.

as a player he was allowed to be creative, total football an all that.

I think he would like that as well, he gives our players too much leeway in terms of tactics (positioning, pressing, movement, passing) that is more akin to youth coaching, letting them work it out as they go kinda thing.

In a senior side there must be structure, a way to press, movement on the ball and off it, multiple ways of playing out from the back, responsibilities that are certain.

I think this is his weakness, not his man management skills, but getting across a way to play, expectations of players and how they should play.

In the FFA cup I knew straight away that the fundamentals were all wrong, why? He does not teach them, he expects the players to work it out.

Shut up! This thread is about Samaras. The best footballer to live

Inb4 we sign Samaras and avg 16k because of all us Greeks in Melbourne

Now why would we want supporters who rock up just for one player? Sydney FC did that and worked well until they turned to shit and no one cared about ADP after that. Performance over player profile!

Edited by Tony999

Kennedy can't run or take on any players, samaras can. Go feed the donkey.

look mate, even if Samaras does come to Melbourne he's not going to let you suck his cock. Not a problem. He's all yours.

I'm sorry, that was actually really mean. 

Today's not been a good day

• Like 1

Inb4 we sign Samaras and avg 16k because of all us Greeks in Melbourne

Automatic keys to: Oakleigh, Thornbury, Northcote etc. ? Make him mayor perhaps?

In any case it won't work as it rains too much in Melb right Cadete? :D

Rain hail shine I'm sure many Greeks would see Samaras no matter what :P

• 1 month later...
  • jw1739 locked this topic