Melbourne Football

Wollongong Wolves/Wellington Phoenix vs City. 7:10 Monday 5 April

Shahanga

Away to the ‘gong.

Wellington (or whoever they are) have been Ok but have struggled to get the wins. For our part, we need to bounce back and show we’ve got what it takes to put these bottom teams away.

Sounds like Jammo won’t travel based on Paddy’s post game press conference.

Wellingong will be without Taylor and piscopo so this is an opportunity to really nail a 3 or 4 nil outcome for us. the weather is also in our favour at 21 degrees come KO. the team has travelled up today so will be rested and ready for a fast paced attcking game. i think last week is still a sore spot for all of them so the team will want to bounce back. Garuccio in for Jamo is the best oiption and he will hopefully saty fired up, positive in attck and strong in defence. 

Any one have a prediction of subs? 

5 minutes ago, citymad said:

Wellingong will be without Taylor and piscopo so this is an opportunity to really nail a 3 or 4 nil outcome for us. the weather is also in our favour at 21 degrees come KO. the team has travelled up today so will be rested and ready for a fast paced attcking game. i think last week is still a sore spot for all of them so the team will want to bounce back. Garuccio in for Jamo is the best oiption and he will hopefully saty fired up, positive in attck and strong in defence. 

Any one have a prediction of subs? 

What a silly question, we don’t do subs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Afraid I don't have my confidence up for this match - exactly the sort of match where we look listless and lose. Despite our free-scoring we've missed so many easy chances in recent matches. If JMac doesn't fire then we could be in trouble here.

TBH I'll be happy with a draw.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, citymad said:

Ha ha,.. but seriously this is THE game that paddy needs to show he gets the experience building opportunity. 

We should win with the quality we have over them, especially if Taylor and Pisspot are out. I’m not expecting change in game plan, which means same starting lineup and probably same scheduled subs.

Edited by Mr MO

Expecting a comfortable 3 points here. With the starting 11, I don't know if Berenguer will start on the short back up and you have to think Reis may be the same after his injury. 

Glover 

Atkinson Griffiths Good Garuccio

Gomulka

Metcalfe Luna 

Nabbout Maclaren Noone

I think kisnorbo needs to rotate a few starting 11 players out today in Atkinson, McLaren and one of Noone or nabbout. Playing such a large amount of games in a short period of time, is going to lead to injuries if we don't manage our players correctly. You could even see at the end of the United game last Friday that players were cramping.

But because kisnorbo is a stubborn asshole and thinks the concept of using your bench is a mythical concept he's going to run the starting 11 into the ground until they're all injured.

Mind you, we should still win tonight. 1-0 scrappy, heart in your mouth type of win coming

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

I think kisnorbo needs to rotate a few starting 11 players out today in Atkinson, McLaren and one of Noone or nabbout. Playing such a large amount of games in a short period of time, is going to lead to injuries if we don't manage our players correctly. You could even see at the end of the United game last Friday that players were cramping.

But because kisnorbo is a stubborn asshole and thinks the concept of using your bench is a mythical concept he's going to run the starting 11 into the ground until they're all injured.

Mind you, we should still win tonight. 1-0 scrappy, heart in your mouth type of win coming

He's going to do a number of things. He's going to run them into the ground, they'll get jaded and/or injured or both, and we'll start to lose matches that we otherwise would have won, finally when his hand is forced the substitutes won't have had enough experience or game time to be match wise and match fit enough to win matches, and ultimately some of the subs will be so underused that they'll go elsewhere as soon as they can.

• Like 2

Lol.

When the team is playing so well it’s hard work to find things to whinge about, but clearly still possible.

I don’t think we need to rest players, but it would be nice to give more minutes to the up and comers and it is possible one or two have struggled to bounce back after Monday.

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Lol.

When the team is playing so well it’s hard work to find things to whinge about, but clearly still possible.

I don’t think we need to rest players, but it would be nice to give more minutes to the up and comers and it is possible one or two have struggled to bounce back after Monday.

Can't be too positive mate c'mon.... Remember who we support here....

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, neio said:

That goal firmly on Berenguer, trying to do fancy shit on half way when it wasn't needed. Lose possession and they score straight away

Can't help it but Berenguer consistently annoys me.

Nabbout needs to actually convert some of his chances.

We are such a wasteful side. Thank goodness we're back in front on the stroke of half-time.

Edited by jw1739

17 shots to 9.... dominating again yet our final ball and our shooting looks like it has deserted us again.

Should be up by more but will take the lead into half time. Need to come out and get an early goal to put the game fully beyond reach.

Can Nabbout get a shot on target ffs

• Like 1