Melbourne Football

Finals Derby

Tesla

Can't wait to king hit and kill some 15 year old victory fans post match. Go Hearts

Fireworks up the ass if we win? Heart fans are such party animals!

Its a heart fan reunion lol, just waiting for our good pal MLBHEART/MANUINTED/AUSTRALIANNITTINGTEAM to post....

• Like 1

Can't wait to king hit and kill some 15 year old victory fans post match. Go Hearts

Fireworks up the ass if we win? Mate, if Heart win - we'll be chucking a barrel of gunpowder up my clacker and setting it off. Gotta bash some 15 year olds too, can't forget about the 15 year olds. Edited by marteaux
  • Like 3

City out to put things right, declares Paartalu

Shaun Moran

May 5, 2015

Having won their first ever finals match on the weekend against the Wellington Phoenix, it’s hardly difficult to perceive that spirits are high around the Melbourne City camp in the lead-up to their bumper semi-final match against bitter rivals Melbourne Victory.  

This was illustrated no better than by midfielder Erik Paartalu who described Friday’s match as one of the “biggest matches in the A-League’s history.”

The 29-year-old, who collected a yellow card at Westpac Stadium – leaving him one booking away from missing a potential grand final believes that a win in uncharted waters would mean “everything for this club.”

“It’s a new club and we’re excited to be in this position. We’re heading in the right direction and let’s hope that we can make the grand final.

Paartalu, who has himself played in the league’s penultimate game of the season with Brisbane Roar acknowledged City’s lack of consistency throughout the season, but is convinced that his team mates will have that ironed out come Friday.

“We are confident,” the scorer in City’s 1-0 derby win in December said.

“It’s certainly a concentration thing and effort. In this league, if you slip for a couple of minutes, teams will punish you. That’s where we’ve been caught out in the past and this will be a test to not do that.”

City’s form at Etihad Stadium against their cross-town foes is not a sight for sore eyes after they were first on the end of a 5-2 hiding back in 2014, before succumbing to a 3-0 loss in February.

This is something that the previous A-League winner maintains can be turned in their favour, as they seek to avenge their poor results to date.

“It’s more of a goal for us to try and get one at Etihad this year,” he said.

“We’ve had two poor results and two poor performances. Our away form hasn’t been great but playing and winning in Wellington has given us great confidence.”

http://www.mfootball.com.au/city-out-to-put-things-right-declares-paartalu/

Paartalu also reportedly said today that:

Red card threat won't stop City midfielder in derby semi-final

Combative Melbourne City midfielder Erik Paartalu insists he will not be cowed in any way by the guarantee that a booking in Friday night's derby semi-final would rule him out of the grand final, if his team can upstage Melbourne Victory.

The former Brisbane player, whose late goal earned City the win in the December derby, is on the brink of suspension because of the yellow card he received on Sunday in the win away to Wellington. He was adamant it would have no influence on the way he played against Victory.

"Not at all. If I have to take a yellow card that's the game of football, I suppose," he said on Tuesday.

"The good thing about this year is that everyone's done their job for the team. You can't think about those things."

Paartalu, who joined stint after a stint in China, expressed his excitement for about the looming match at Etihad Stadium.

"It's probably going to be one of the biggest games in the A-League's history, as a spectacle, and to be a part of it is going to be amazing," he said.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/red-card-threat-wont-stop-city-midfielder-in-derby-semifinal-20150505-ggunke.html

A-League semi-final between Melbourne Victory and Melbourne City hurtling towards a sellout

MATT WINDLEY

MAY 05, 2015 7:00PM

FRIDAY night’s Melbourne derby semi-final at Etihad Stadium is hurtling towards a sellout, with more than 42,000 tickets sold as of Tuesday night.

Football Federation Australia is urging Melbourne Victory and Melbourne City fans without a ticket to buy one today or risk missing out on a match that City midfielder Erik Paartalu yesterday described as one of the biggest in A-League history.

Etihad will be in oval mode on Friday night, meaning its 56,000 capacity will not be reduced as it was for the season’s other two derbies there, which both attracted crowds in excess of 40,000.

A strong turnout from the ground’s 5000 or so Medallion Club members could mean Etihad’s soccer record crowd of 55,436, set at the 2007 grand final, could be under threat.

“Friday night’s Melbourne derby semi-final has become the hottest ticket in town,” A-League boss Damien de Bohun said.

The bookies have installed City as a massive underdog, but Paartalu said derby matches all around the world throw up a different set of circumstances.

“You can have all the skills and tactics you want, but on the day it comes down to who wants it more,” Paartalu said.

“It’s massive. The boys are talking in the dressing room about how it’s going to be one of the biggest games in the A-League’s history.

“To be a part of it is going to be amazing.”

After defeating the Phoenix 2-0 in their elimination final, City players arrived back from Wellington on Monday night.

Players who played in Sunday’s win were not required to take part in on-field training at the City Football Academy yesterday, only indoor recovery.

The team will train lightly this morning [Wednesday] and tomorrow.

“It’s obviously a tough trip to go across to Wellington and play on Sunday and then come back and play on Friday,” Paartalu said.

“But we’re professional footballers, that’s our job, so we’ll be ready.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league-semi-final-between-melbourne-victory-and-melbourne-city-hurtling-towards-a-sellout/story-fni2wcjl-1227337677626

Are we wearing our away strip of Red and White ?

Probably not. It wouldn't fit the CFG narrative. I hope we do though :) .

Why don't you 2 suck each others dick till there RED and see who shoots WHITE spunk all over the others RED  face first?

• Like 3

Pretty shallow analysis, as I'm pretty certain most teams that score first often go on to win and vice versa. Good comments at the end with Murdocca though 

A-League semi-final: Stats show Melbourne Victory should win if they score early and score first

MATT WINDLEY

May 5, 2015

SCORE first and score early.

It seems simple, but the stats say it’s particularly pertinent to Melbourne Victory’s chances of winning.

When on song from the get go, Victory never loses.

In 12 games this year it has scored goals in the first half-hour and gone on to win nine of those matches, drawing the other three.

In the 15 other games, where Victory failed to score in the first 30 minutes, it still won six times, but also lost four and drew five.

Winger Kosta Barbarouses says the team does not put any undue pressure on itself to make sure it is on the board early on.

“But it does help us massively,” he said.

“I wouldn’t say we get frustrated as the game goes on, because we always know we’re going to create chances.

“But what I think it does do if we don’t score early when we probably should have is it gives the other team a bit of confidence.

“Teams that we definitely should have won against have crept back in to games, but I think lately that hasn’t really happened.

“Maybe you need a little bit of luck for a chance to be put away early, but we haven’t had that issue for a while which is good.”

Victory has won 13 of the 17 games this season in which it has scored first, losing just once.

Conversely, Friday night’s semi-final opponent, Melbourne City, has won just two of the 12 games in which it has conceded first and drawn three.

City midfielder Massimo Murdocca said yesterday his team knows it has the capability to blunt Victory’s attacking weapons, having done so in the 1-0 derby win at AAMI Park in December.

“With Victory their biggest strength is their counter attacks,” Murdocca said.

“It’s obvious that when they are up and going they do punish teams, but if they don’t score early then their game plan has to change.

“You saw that was our theme against Wellington, we frustrated them defensively. It was 0-0 at half time and then all of a sudden it’s anyone’s game.

“That could be the theme for this one as well, if we can shut them out and stop their strength, which is the counter attack, and make them change their game plan then I think we’ve got a really good chance.”

City has beaten each of the teams remaining in this year’s finals race, which Murdocca said proves his side is not just making up the numbers.

“We’ve got to take a lot of confidence out of that and hope for the same again,” he said.

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/a-league-semi-final-stats-show-melbourne-victory-should-win-if-they-score-early-and-score-first/story-fnii0fc3-1227337677260

IMO Wellington is pretty much the perfect opponent to play before Victory. As City could blunt Wellington's attack in Wellington, the team should be very confident in their defending ability and tactics to blunt victory's attack. And with the team already effectively keeping victory's attack rather shackled and scoreless earlier this season, in the team's 1-0 win in December, City has good tactical reasons to believe the team can match up effectively against Victory and give itself a really good chance.

Edited by Murfy1

better not have to listen to that stand by me shit and countdown clock where the glass shatters

If they play that song, Melbourne City supporters should have the ideal position (behind the goals), and I reckon the numbers, to drown it out with boos. Could be an ideal chance to rain on their parade.

i26 L1

city active area

2 x adults tickets for sale

Another member got too excited and got couple too many

$50 each

$50 each? Aren't they $35?

C'mon m8, thing of da profitz. No profit.

$35 plus $9 booking fee and took some insurance crap offered totalling near enough $50

They aren't mine and he can offload them at work to couple of victree half wits who will take them regardless of where they are.

He would rather offer them to city supporters first.

If you don't want them, let it go....simple

• Like 1

better not have to listen to that stand by me shit and countdown clock where the glass shatters

If they play that song, Melbourne City supporters should have the ideal position (behind the goals), and I reckon the numbers, to drown it out with boos. Could be an ideal chance to rain on their parade.

They are playing Stand By Me pre-game, confirmed by Vick Tree.

Edited by RedAndWhitePride

Just went to the MV forum for a quick squiz. Can honestly say l have never seen a sadder bunch. They are saying (amongst other things) we shouldn't be there in the first place because we have more losses than wins. Maybe the teams who finished below us who have more losses than us should've been in the finals? Perhaps someone should inform them that makes more sense.

• Like 1

They are playing Stand By Me pre-game, confirmed by Vick Tree.

Boo the living fuck out of their shit song. Can't wait.

• Like 3

Are we wearing our away strip of Red and White ?

Probably not. It wouldn't fit the CFG narrative. I hope we do though :) .

Why don't you 2 suck each others dick till there RED and see who shoots WHITE spunk all over the others RED  face first?

C'mon mate lets keep the gay fantasies to yourself. Nothing against gays but if your into that stuff, surely you can find another website to fore-fill those pleasures?

I don't think I've ever been more nervous before a game. Head says we'll get fucked 4-1 but my heart says we'll win on penalties or some ridiculous shit like that and right now I'm choosing to listen to the latter opinion. I was optimistic last week after years of pure pessimism and it worked so optimism it is! UP THE FUCKEN 'ARTS!

• Like 1

We're shit but we always lift for derbies. 

3-0 Shitty.

Novillo, Paartalu, Mooy

Personally tired of this mantra that we lift for derbies. Not a go at you strider more so other people including the media. 5-2 and 3-0 this season against them. Yep we've saved our best against them alright.

• Like 2

drown it out with boos? Im going to be singing my lungs out to SHT

3-0 Shitty.

Novillo, Paartalu, Mooy

Personally tired of this mantra that we lift for derbies. Not a go at you strider more so other people including the media. 5-2 and 3-0 this season against them. Yep we've saved our best against them alright.

We gave away some cheap goals in those games because our defence was shit.

The defence has improved since then.

Having said that one characteristic of JVS teams is that defenders do some comically-bad things they never did playing for anyone else so anything can happen.

Personally, their weeks break and our short week will take its toll at the 65 minute mark onwards.  It will be at this point that JVS subs on Ramsay, Hoffman and Murdocca.  A masterstroke of a move if ever there was one sees us win 2-0. (Ramsay 87" 93")

Just went to the MV forum for a quick squiz. Can honestly say l have never seen a sadder bunch. They are saying (amongst other things) we shouldn't be there in the first place because we have more losses than wins. Maybe the teams who finished below us who have more losses than us should've been in the finals? Perhaps someone should inform them that makes more sense.

What i find hilarious is this protest that the North Terrace are arranging for this game cause of the ticketing allocation. Why would you go and do that and take any focus away from such a big game for there club but being a selfish pack of bastards and protesting in a semi final.

Just goes to show these blokes are pure cunts and think that they are bigger than there club cause i know for certain we wouldnt go doing that shit on such a big occasion.

Hopefully this makes a difference to the atmosphere they create and gives us an even better chance to drown these dirty fuckin cunts out.

• Like 2

I don't think I've ever been more nervous before a game. Head says we'll get fucked 4-1 but my heart says we'll win on penalties or some ridiculous shit like that and right now I'm choosing to listen to the latter opinion. I was optimistic last week after years of pure pessimism and it worked so optimism it is! UP THE FUCKEN 'ARTS!

Was more nervous about the Wellington game to be honest.

I just look at the line up from our last derby and last week and we have a stronger 11 and more importantly, a much stronger back 4.

I have been so confident about us beating these fucktards if we faced them in a final for about a month. Its probably a blind supporters hope more than confidence, but fuck it right.

ONE MORE WIN AWAY BOYS!!!!

3-0 Shitty.

Novillo, Paartalu, Mooy

We gave away some cheap goals in those games because our defence was shit.

The defence has improved since then.

This was a little over a week ago. Granted we had some players out but this was bad even by Sunday league standards. As proud as I am of the efforts shown against the Nix, Victory will be a much tougher test and we will need to be 100% switched on for the entire game.

My gut is telling me we will snatch this but thats only if we "turn up" for this game!

• Like 1