Melbourne Football

WU vs. City, AAMI Park (away game) Thursday 1st April 5.35 p.m.

jw1739

WU play Brisbane at Redcliffe tonight. If WU have already flown up I wonder if they'll need to quarantine coming back into VIC? If so, then our game will be postponed.

Edit: Ignore me, the WU v Brisbane game was already postponed.

Edited by haz

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

What's the go with this match? 5.35 on a Thursday? I can't see anything on the A-League or City websites about buying tickets either.

https://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=WESTER1421&utm_source=tktpaidsocial&utm_medium=tktpaidsocial&utm_campaign=WESTER1421&fbclid=IwAR2of7gtyH5Pz6MqTmvcIo3yvHkf57KaPAFX5z19k-eqPSLDHrQ694BiDxA

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Would have been great to have the game a little later, so people have time to get there after work - 17:35 is an awkward time for me at least.

Not easy for a lot of us I suspect, though I've only got to get from the CBD. The rest of the mob I sit with have got to make it up from the other side of Geelong. 

57 minutes ago, IssySG said:

'Away Fans' in Bay 37 and 38. There seems something quite petty about WU moving us to the North End of AAMI Park. Regardless, tickets purchased and looking forward to another Mark Rudan touchline tantrum 

So suddenly WU have got 17,000+ fans wanting to see them play us at AAMI? God, there are some stupid decisions made by football administrators in this country. The obvious thing to do would be to give us the whole of the northern end (as we give Victory) and they can have the rest of the stadium.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

So suddenly WU have got 17,000+ fans wanting to see them play us at AAMI? God, there are some stupid decisions made by football administrators in this country. The obvious thing to do would be to give us the whole of the northern end (as we give Victory) and they can have the rest of the stadium.

From what I understand, we have got the whole of the northern end. Moreover if we haven't and we sell out, I'm quite sure they will open more space. WU originally wanted to charge nearly $50 and confine us to the usual away area, in the hope of pricing out our most vocal younger supporters. City pushed back against that, but be sure that WU see us as a useful cash cow, and now their original restrictive strategy has failed, they will just seek to make money from ticket sales. 

Edited by fensaddler

1 hour ago, coys said:

Is there any active support away bay or is it just away general admission 

City Terrace will be in bay 38.

It’s not listed as an actual Active Bay on ticketek - just an away bay if that’s what you were asking?

Edited by hakz7

17 hours ago, IssySG said:

It’s only Sunday and I’m already buzzing for this game. The boys are just an absolute treat to watch

Same here, I didn't think we were capable of playing at this standard - let alone so consistently. 

The post-game atmosphere leaving AAMI onwards to Richmond Station was pretty great too tbh. Definitely an excitable feeling around the club at the moment.

They literally have two ways of scoring. Counter with Diamanti hitting a diagonal to Pierias or Pain, or Diamanti crossing to Berisha.

They play a back 3 which is perfect for us as we can exploit spaces behind their wing backs. They won't beat us with the system they have been playing and Rudan won't change it. Fully expecting us to dominate possession and chances again, as long as we finish I think it will be comfortable win, I'll say 2 or 3 nil 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rass said:

Anyone still interested, you can get free tickets by using code COMMUNITY21

Limited seats and probs not the best sections but free is free.. 

Legend mate ❤️ 

On a completely unrelated note...

I am selling two PREMIUM GA tickets for $50 bucks each. These seats will give you the best view in the ground at a price you won't regret

DM me if you're interested

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, neio said:

If Reis is fit, he plays with Griff back into midfield. Then the choice comes for 2 of Metcalfe, Luna and Berenguer to play in midfield. The rest of the team picks itself 

Bereneguer and Metcalfe surely based on performance. I thought Luna looked rusty still....has certainly not outplayed Florin and Conor in recent weeks. Luxury problem.

Edited by Mr MO

History and current form suggest we win this comfortably, but it's equally dangerous to disregard a side that has Diamanti and Berisha - the latter in particular who always goes a little bit harder when playing against us. 

Pumped though, hopefully it's a decent crowd. Reckon we'll outnumber the home fans imo 

Just now, Torn Asunder said:

Who's their matchup for Nabbout and who do we play on Dylan P? This will be where this game is decided

Jamo will have to take care of pierias and depending on who they play at right CB. Calver maybe? 

Stopping pierias will be the key. 

20 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Who's their matchup for Nabbout and who do we play on Dylan P? This will be where this game is decided

They will try to get Calver and Pain to double team him. Pretty simple for us, isolate Nabbout on Pain and we will see the results we have seen when Nabbout played on Markovic from Victory. 

As for Pierias, we won't set someone for him. Jamo will take him as he goes forward, but the main thing we need to do is stop the supply from Diamanti. He drops balls over the back 4 for Pierias to run onto knowing that he won't be caught by anyone