Melbourne Football

City v WSW, Friday 26 March 2021, AAMI, 7.05pm

Harrison

30 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Exactly.

sorry @haz this isn’t the pampered AFL. 2 days is a short turn around in football. Players should be able to play twice a week, week in week out for months.

6 day break means time for a holiday.

I might have misheard the commentary, I'm sure they said it was a 3 day turnaround for the WU game.

Edited by haz

5 hours ago, haz said:

Only question mark for me is our away form. Of our 6 consecutive wins, one game has been outside of Melbourne.

Also how the fuck did we lose to Newcastle??

Yes I was thinking the exact same thing last night. Away form has been ordinary but that was during our bad patch. Turning our home deck into a fortress is basically a requirement for any team that wins a trophy and we’re ticking that box. Next test will be backing it up on the road.

Wellington and Sydney off a shorter turnaround will...tell us where we’re at. Win those like we have been and I’m convinced. 

Not worried about our away form at all. We've beaten Central Coast, Macarthur, Sydney and WSW (x2} in our current win streak - all top sides. That doesn't happen by luck or because you are playing at home. 

For me, we need to keep our front three fit, as well as two of Reis, Good and Griffiths. 

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Yes, I was unfortunate enough to be born with a faulty aortic valve, now replaced and all is well. I'm pleased to have been to 2 games this season as well as a 'proof of recovery cycle tour - 450km and 6,500m of climbing over a week on unsealed roads. All is good.

I think you're fixed. 

• Like 1