Melbourne Football

City v WSW, Friday 26 March 2021, AAMI, 7.05pm

Harrison

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

Yeah I don’t buy that it’s Troisi being on Meltcalfe at every opportunity, we’ve not played him in once. Two things going on , Conor is a bit ball shy at times and/or we deem it risky. This caused Luna and Berenguer to drop and collect the ball, meaning we are short up front.

You don’t have to buy it, but it’s been happening, he’s blocked off the passing lane a lot. That and Metcalfe probably isn’t as comfortable collecting the ball in that position.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moops said:

Metcalf is playing Griffiths role, holding midfielder, he doesn't have the licence to play like he usually does.

Yeah but the good thing about Griff was that he was on the ball a lot more, creates room for others. I see the same issue now as at the start of the season when we played in this formation as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harrison said:

You don’t have to buy it, but it’s been happening, he’s blocked off the passing lane a lot. That and Metcalfe probably isn’t as comfortable collecting the ball in that position.

Yes agreed but not for 45minutes, especially the last part. 

Edited by Mr MO

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Yeah but the good thing about Griff was that he was on the ball a lot more, creates room for others. I see the same issue now as at the start of the season when we played in this formation as well.

I guess he isn't used to the role, that's all I put it down to, he is moving around but surounded by three players usually, he isn't making space for himself like Griffiths does.

Edit : also the fullbacks seem to both be going higher than normal, making it easier to mark him.

Edited by moops
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, moops said:

I guess he isn't used to the role, that's all I put it down to, he is moving around but surounded by three players usually, he isn't making space for himself like Griffiths does.

Edit : also the fullbacks seem to both be going higher than normal, making it easier to mark him.

Get in first!! Love how Craig Noone is delivering 

Completely agreed, it’s not his best position but is doing well.

Edited by Mr MO

Just now, Mr MO said:

Get in first!!!

Completely agreed, it’s not his best position but is doing well.

Nice goal!

I have noticed in the restart that our captain is now staying deep so Connor can play a more natural game. Paddy on top of things.

Very impressive second half!

11 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Beautiful little bit of skill from Berenguer. 

As are the two subs at 87 minutes. Means little. 

There was another 6 minutes to play but doubt that was taking into account. Set standard 5min subs we’ve seen every game.

Credit to the subs, loved that we kept pushing those last 5 minutes.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

Paddy has us playing really well, best I have ever seen and we have even found some consistency. A well earned win.

Just now, haz said:

Boys, is it gay to get turned on by a sports team?

You might have to refer to one of the other 57 genders, not sure what the term would be...woody?

We're slipping. No clean sheet, it took Maclaren until 90th minute to score, Atkinson didn't assist or score, Good gave the ball away once. Terrible stuff, we can't go on like this. Hopefully CFG take action 

Seriously though, this team is amazing to watch. There isn't a team who can touch us when we are near our best. It's brilliant 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Ok I’m scared now

Are we...good? Actually good? Good enough to win the Premiership by 15 points and win the Championship without a challenge?

This form has raised more questions but the kind of questions I’ve never asked about this Club. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Harrison said:

Are we...good? Actually good? Good enough to win the Premiership by 15 points and win the Championship without a challenge?

This form has raised more questions but the kind of questions I’ve never asked about this Club. 

Adelaide looking pretty good too. We need to beat them by 2/3 goals before I get the vaseline out. 

9 hours ago, Harrison said:

I think we could be as long as the majority of 11 stay fit and healthy. 

Of all the teams I think Sydney still have the quality, Adelaide has always been an issue, Perth possibly just cause of their attacking power but their defence sucks and Western United on their day cause they have Diamanti and Berisha. But apart from that I'm confident we have every other team covered, and some of them very comfortably. 

This is easily the best chance we have had at winning silverware, there is no doubt we are the benchmark at the moment 

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Yes, he’s playing a more traditional role this season. He really struggled as an inverted full back

How is your health mate, didn't you have problems last year?

I hope everything is ticking as much as it should.

• Like 1