Melbourne Football

City v WSW, Friday 26 March 2021, AAMI, 7.05pm

Harrison

They play with the perfect set up for us. 3 at the back, and none of them are quick enough to keep up with Maclaren or Nabbout. They have young wing backs in Russell and Wilmering who can definitely be exploited if we go quick, like we have been 

2 hours ago, fensaddler said:

I know active are back, but do we know when we're getting back to our normal seats? Not that I sit anywhere else than my usual spot regardless of ticketing, but I'd be glad to see the back of the bloody COVID marshals and game by game random booking. 

Last I heard was that there is no intention to issue membership cards this season, or in the future, and that the club was looking for a QR solution.

It could be simply done by a paper version of the bar code.

Don't know where your normal seats are, but ours are in Section 19 and both that section and section 20 are virtually empty and we sit where we feel like it. So far I haven't seen a COVID Marshall do anything.

I can't see why we cannot be issued with the same seats for the rest of the season, even if they are not quite the ones we wanted. I can't believe that we can't fit our number of members quite easily into Levels 1 and 2.

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Wonderful Ticketek fail in the texts they have just sent out. "Access your AFL ticket here". They are so good at what they do.... 

Was going to post exactly this.

But I have had a second lot of texts, with your tix, and they are different seats.

No biggie.

I receive multiple texts with the ticket info. Ryan does the bookings for our gang now, so he sends one, and Ticketek send another. For this match I've now had three texts and sets of tickets from Ticketek, including the AFL one, but they're all for the same row of seats.

Unfortunately the COV-19 case in Brisbane today doesn't auger well for a relaxation of the rules around tickets/access to AAMI.

I still can't believe that our membership is so big that members can't be allocated fixed seats for the rest of the season, and if we're not going to get membership cards why we can't have a barcode or a QR code, either paper or on the smartphone, to use. But as I've learned over the past two years, everything in Australia is made just too bloody complicated.

Need to do a better job of getting Metcalfe involved, he has been a passenger so far.

We were still thoroughly dominant but Wsw are sitting so far back it's hard to move the ball as fluently as we're used to. Outside of coughing up a goal on a cheap turnover we've been fine.

We need to be patient with our build-up and continue to press and see if we can get a cheap goal off a turnover because if we get ahead, it'll open the game up a lot.

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Can somebody remind me of the ruling around the free kicks again. Back in my day we couldn’t play until the ref blew his whistle.

Now you can take quick as long as the ball is dead on the spot unless the ref has his arms up?

Only if the ref tells them to wait for the whistle, otherwise take it when ever you want, he musten't have said anything.

1 minute ago, kingofhearts said:

Need to do a better job of getting Metcalfe involved, he has been a passenger so far.

We were still thoroughly dominant but Wsw are sitting so far back it's hard to move the ball as fluently as we're used to. Outside of coughing up a goal on a cheap turnover we've been fine.

We need to continue to press and see if we can get a cheap goal off a turnover because if we get ahead, it'll open the game up a lot.

Metcalf is playing Griffiths role, holding midfielder, he doesn't have the licence to play like he usually does.

19 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Can somebody remind me of the ruling around the free kicks again. Back in my day we couldn’t play until the ref blew his whistle.

Now you can take quick as long as the ball is dead on the spot unless the ref has his arms up?

Don’t know. But if you’re a pro you really should know the rules. 
Smart play by Noone.

1 minute ago, moops said:

Only if the ref tells them to wait for the whistle, otherwise take it when ever you want, he musten't have said anything.

It's the opposition's responsibility to ask for the wall or to stand over the ball for the wall to be formed. Then the ref will wait. Otherwise it's play on. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

My understanding was you have always been able to take it quickly unless instructed by the ref to wait for the whistle, which usually occurred when asking for the 10m to be measured or the ref decided to measure it out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

We need to be patient with our build-up and continue to press and see if we can get a cheap goal off a turnover because if we get ahead, it'll open the game up a lot.

Yeah I don’t buy that it’s Troisi being on Meltcalfe at every opportunity, we’ve not played him in once. Two things going on , Conor is a bit ball shy at times and/or we deem it risky. This caused Luna and Berenguer to drop and collect the ball, meaning we are short up front.