Melbourne Football

Round 27: Adelaide v. City, Sat 25th April K.O. 7.30 p.m. aest

jw1739

This game is a piece of shit I admit and there's no way I'm defending anyone involved, but the bottom line is that this game in terms of the 3 points is completely irrelevant. Forget about building team cohesion and morale, we all know that means shit all when it comes to this club anyway.

Next week is the one which counts so let's not get overly carried away about this terrible yet pointless game.

True. But f* me, show some pride! Not only that, don't yiu think this will destroy their confidence going into next week?

This game is a piece of shit I admit and there's no way I'm defending anyone involved, but the bottom line is that this game in terms of the 3 points is completely irrelevant. Forget about building team cohesion and morale, we all know that means shit all when it comes to this club anyway.

Next week is the one which counts so let's not get overly carried away about this terrible yet pointless game.

True. But f* me, show some pride! Not only that, don't yiu think this will destroy their confidence going into next week?

That's exactly my point though, this club will win 5-0 one week and then suddenly we're all up and about and thinking "fuck yeah, the team has confidence!" and then the following week we'll lose in the most underwhelming fashion possible. 

Basically what I'm trying to say is, trying to predict this club's performances is like trying to pick the lottery and I don't think this week's performance has any bearing whatsoever on next week's game.

That's exactly my point though, this club will win 5-0 one week and then suddenly we're all up and about and thinking "fuck yeah, the team has confidence!" and then the following week we'll lose in the most underwhelming fashion possible. 

Basically what I'm trying to say is, trying to predict this club's performances is like trying to pick the lottery and I don't think this week's performance has any bearing whatsoever on next week's game.

I disagree, once there's any chance of success the team crumbles like a house of cards. There's no desire, no resilience. It is very predictable.

Edited by belaguttman

Adelaide has stacked the midfield and aggressively attacked through this area, and with the 442 we are playing, we are getting pulled badly out of shape, and have no answer.

I would have taken Kennedy off, pushed Novillo up front, dropped Koren back into midfield and brought on another screening defensive midfielder.

Horrible to watch.

I went and watched them train on Thursday.

Writing was on the wall then.

They played a simulation match; first eleven vs rest of squad/youth team.

Youth scored in first minute after defence went to sleep. Game stayed that way without any real threat from the firsts. Indeed, the second eleven had more zip about them.

Only change to the first eleven tonight to that team is Germano for Murdocca.

I went and watched them train on Thursday.

Writing was on the wall then.

They played a simulation match; first eleven vs rest of squad/youth team.

Youth scored in first minute after defence went to sleep. Game stayed that way without any real threat from the firsts. Indeed, the second eleven had more zip about them.

Only change to the first eleven tonight to that team is Germano for Murdocca.

Play as you train, oldest fucking cliché, but so so true.

• Like 1

It only gets 'better'.

Jaliens last act for us, really light in defence next week not that it'll matter.

Still terrible shape with acres of space between the back 4 and 'midfield'. It gives the Adelaide players so much space and time. No change from the first half

Edited by belaguttman