Melbourne Football

City vs Mariners @ 19:05 Monday 22nd March (AAMI Park)

haz

10 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Melbourne band as well!

I was a bit disappointed that we didn’t play in red but this made up for it.

Disappointing indeed. I think that was a bit of a con job by the ground announcer(s), although IIRC there was an image up on the screen that hinted at red. However there was nothing, even a hint, from the club.

Crowd: 4,010. Acceptable considering the COV-19 seating, Monday night and the weather.

Edited by jw1739

21 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Disappointing indeed. I think that was a bit of a con job by the ground announcer(s), although IIRC there was an image up on the screen that hinted at red. However there was nothing, even a hint, from the club.

Crowd: 4,010. Acceptable considering the COV-19 seating, Monday night and the weather.

I’m not sure what happened as even the Talking City boy were “watch this space”. At least that was the impression I got.

Edited by Mr MO

1 hour ago, Deluka said:

Massive missed opportunity by the club to keep the red and white for the home game against CCM and build on the momentum from last season.

Agreed. Big fail on an otherwise good night. Haven't seen the TV coverage. Anyone got what our esteemed Captain said after the match about AAMI Park and VicPol re the treatment of fans? 

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Ground announcer here, lol. Not a con job, at that point in time the intent was to play in red and have a proper 'retro round' akin to last season's 10 year anniversary. Unfortunately there was an issue getting the third kit organized (I don't know the details) and the retro game has been delayed to another home game later in the year, I've been advised it will still take place.

For those who enjoyed (or didn't) The Living End winning song I'd advise you let the club know, as they're interested to see what the response to it was. Definitely went with a Melbourne based band on purpose.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Embee said:

Ground announcer here, lol. Not a con job, at that point in time the intent was to play in red and have a proper 'retro round' akin to last season's 10 year anniversary. Unfortunately there was an issue getting the third kit organized (I don't know the details) and the retro game has been delayed to another home game later in the year, I've been advised it will still take place.

For those who enjoyed The Living End winning song I'd advise you let the club know, as they're interested to see what the response to it was. Definitely went with a Melbourne based band on purpose.

You’re a con artist mate. How can we trust you ever again?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I heard it cause the players think it's cursed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Embee said:

For those who enjoyed (or didn't) The Living End winning song I'd advise you let the club know, as they're interested to see what the response to it was. Definitely went with a Melbourne based band on purpose.

Much appreciated feedback!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Embee said:

@Embee Ah, well, since you now wield such influence at the club... maybe you could exercise it so that press conferences use a roving microphone for the questions so that we actually know what the answers refer to? And if a roving microphone is already used, then get the volume right please? It is so frustrating to be able to hear only the answer and not the question.

On the kit question - that sounds a pretty feeble excuse TBH. I've got R&W replica jersey if they need to borrow one just for one match. I'd want it washed afterwards though.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

@Embee Ah, well, since you now wield such influence at the club... maybe you could exercise it so that press conferences use a roving microphone for the questions so that we actually know what the answers refer to? And if a roving microphone is already used, then get the volume right please? It is so frustrating to be able to hear only the answer and not the question.

On the kit question - that sounds a pretty feeble excuse TBH. I've got R&W replica jersey if they need to borrow one just for one match. I'd want it washed afterwards though.

An alternative would be for the coach to repeat the question

On 23/03/2021 at 3:57 PM, jw1739 said:

Other Ground announcer(s) here, its not as simple as having a kit ready unfortunately. plenty of support internally for it they just didnt want to half cook the idea. Will run later in the year and will be great fun. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eric forman said:

Other Ground announcer(s) here, its not as simple as having a kit ready unfortunately. plenty of support internally for it they just didnt want to half cook the idea. Will run later in the year and will be great fun. 

Don’t think for a second that that post will get you out of having to bring the sausage stand back.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1