Melbourne Football

City vs Mariners @ 19:05 Monday 22nd March (AAMI Park)

haz

Just now, jw1739 said:

At the Macarthur match the PA announcer encouraged everyone to wear red and white to the Mariners match. I'm wondering if we're going to play in our heritage colours once again? Anyone close to the club heard anything?

Stay tuned 👀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think this a real opportunity to send a message here I think. Yes CCM have been a great story and they done well, and they are difficult team to beat. But our best is so far ahead of their best, I mean they have Matt Simon as their main goal threat for gods sake. 

Their back 4 has been solid but no one has put them under the pressure that Maclaren, Nabbout and Noone can. 

Fully expecting 3 points here and the city train to roll on

12 minutes ago, neio said:

I think this a real opportunity to send a message here I think. Yes CCM have been a great story and they done well, and they are difficult team to beat. But our best is so far ahead of their best, I mean they have Matt Simon as their main goal threat for gods sake. 

Their back 4 has been solid but no one has put them under the pressure that Maclaren, Nabbout and Noone can. 

Fully expecting 3 points here and the city train to roll on

Would we bring Luna back in?

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Stay tuned 👀

Love this, very nice gesture to make this tradition - every CCM home game in red!

Last year this fixture had the best atmosphere of any match that season. Lots of old Heart fans turned out and rolled back the years in terms of noise and chants. This year its also the best form and footballing team against top of the league. Should be tasty. 

Edited by fensaddler
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

I think so. 

I hope so.

The Christmas Derbies were the best matches I've ever been to. Colour and passion. These are the sorts of things APL has got to bring back for the league to recover from its present position.

• Like 3

My guess is ccm will be doing everything they can to stop us inside the first 30 minutes of the game. Our last 4 wins have been decided inside the first half. Should we score early we'd be looking pretty positive to win. Should ccm hold us at bay inside the first 30 minutes it'll be a test for our new found form recently. 

• Like 1

2 things we have to watch in 2nd half. 

1st is obvious, Alou Kuol when they bring him on. 2nd is the inevitable fight Matt Simon starts when things arnt going CCM way, he does it every week and it sparks them. He won't pick on Good or Griffiths, he will go to a young guy. 

We keep them in check and should be straight forward win here