Melbourne Football

Our run in

Shahanga

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/04/01/sage-vows-axe-glory-ceo-if-new-salary-cap-allegations-are-upheld

Glory may lose points I would be surprised if they were to lose all there points. They may be docked enough to finish 5th or 6th

Seriously if this happens and we finish Fifth - I will not being happy having to pay up The King of Douche due to a technicality and another club's cheating.

• Like 1

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/04/01/sage-vows-axe-glory-ceo-if-new-salary-cap-allegations-are-upheld

Glory may lose points I would be surprised if they were to lose all there points. They may be docked enough to finish 5th or 6th

If found guilty there is no way Glory will finish 5th or 6th. They will be deducted sufficient points for them to miss the finals. There is no way a team can blatantly cheat, found guilty, then still win the championship.

If found guilty there is no way Glory will finish 5th or 6th. They will be deducted sufficient points for them to miss the finals. There is no way a team can blatantly cheat, found guilty, then still win the championship.

You would hope so but Essendon did not have the 1993 Flag taken of them... and they were fined for the exact same thing.

You're all jumping the gun. Forget Perth Glory. We haven't even secured sixth place yet.

One match at a time.

So true, I remember the mood on here in JA's first season at this point of the season was pretty upbeat about making the finals... my comments were more just in regards to my bet.

Edited by cadete

You would hope so but Essendon did not have the 1993 Flag taken of them... and they were fined for the exact same thing.

You're all jumping the gun. Forget Perth Glory. We haven't even secured sixth place yet.

One match at a time.

So true, I remember the mood on here in JA's first season at this point of the season was pretty upbeat about making the finals... my comments were more just in regards to my bet.

Anyone remember  the Storm being decucted points and premierships for salary cap breaches?

If you do, then you will remember it was done pretty bloody quickly and that David Gallop was the man who got it done. I think the A League and Gallop have a chance to send a message that we dont fuck around and wont tolerate crap like this in our competition.

That being said, lets fuckin get a top 6 spot sewn up without having to rely on Perth getting kicked out.

One match at a time.

Anyone remember  the Storm being decucted points and premierships for salary cap breaches?

If you do, then you will remember it was done pretty bloody quickly and that David Gallop was the man who got it done. I think the A League and Gallop have a chance to send a message that we dont fuck around and wont tolerate crap like this in our competition.

That being said, lets fuckin get a top 6 spot sewn up without having to rely on Perth getting kicked out.

The FFA doesn't have a great history of dealing with issues like this http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/football-federation-ignored-sydney-fcs-alleged-breach-of-salary-cap-20110617-1g87w.html

One match at a time.

The FFA doesn't have a great history of dealing with issues like this http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/football-federation-ignored-sydney-fcs-alleged-breach-of-salary-cap-20110617-1g87w.html

That was before Gallop am i right?

I think this comp has made some ground in the last couple of seasons and if we want to keep moving forward, this needs to be sorted the fuck out quick smart and Gallop IMO will get this sorted in that fashion

One match at a time.

Just a bit more info - Essendon were fined in 1996 for the salary cap breaches and draft tampering that occurred between 1991 to 1996. Additionally they had to pay back taxes. Essendon were also fined in 2003 but that was a more complex case.

One match at a time.

That was before Gallop am i right?

I think this comp has made some ground in the last couple of seasons and if we want to keep moving forward, this needs to be sorted the fuck out quick smart and Gallop IMO will get this sorted in that fashion

You would think this would be the case...

I know I want endear myself to the Ultras on here but Gallop's success in the NRL in managing to restructure the very broken ancient hierarchy of the sport's governing body alongside already achieving some success in the Overall Professional Presentation of the A-League since he's been charge would point towards a more decisive verdict this time.

Edited by cadete

Firstly that's a shocking article.  It reads as if Perth is accused of paying Keogh outside of the cap 2 years ago.  Well if they did the CEO should certainly be sacked (and some people arrested) as he wasn't at Perth then.  Secondly, TBH I can't see what this story has to do with our run in.  Salary cap breaches have to be pretty serious (eg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Bulldogs_RLFC_season & of course the systematic Storm cheating) for a team to lose all their points and its not clear to me that this is the case.

How about we go out and try to win 4 football games for an idea?

Edited by Shahanga

No, the article says that Sage is suing Fairfax for an alleged defamatory article written two years ago...

..but you're right on your second point. We have to focus on our four matches, not anyone else's. Our aim should be to win each one, just as it should be from the very first match of each season, because they are all six-pointers. That's the simple fact. What others do is their business. Honestly, as a club we still have this mediocrity approach of trying to get over the line at the last minute. Really pisses me off.

From what i've seen on the Fox Sports A-League app (not sure how correct it is), it looks to be 3rd vs 6th on Friday night and 4th vs 5th play on the Sunday.

If thats the case, im really hoping we finish 6th. Would much prefer to head down on a Friday than on a Sunday

Edited by [LIBBA]

So with Glory automatically going to 7th, we will finish 6th and probably play Wellington or Adelaide. In the unlikely event we finish 5th, I guess it's Sydney, or could be Wellington. Either way it's one of those 3 options.

I think the Visitors are likely to hold the top spot now.

Edited by Tesla

Finals positioning will mainly be decided by sydney's results, perth tonight and wellington away last round

Done a quick prediction and could end, victory,adelaide,wellington,sydney,us,brisbane

Looking too far ahead but beat sydney and wellington beat brisbane and we'll have a melb derby semi final

So we are now WDD in this run in, which is a hell of a lot better than some predictions on here and is better than most of our other (pathetic) run ins.

In other news I note we have 9 wins this season, which equals our club record, with 2 games in hand.  

Our previous seasons:

2011: P30 W8, 35 points

2012: P27 W9, 37 points

2013: P27 W8, 27 points

2014: P27 W6, 26 points

Currently:

2015: P25 W9, 35 points

I don't want to celebrate mediocrity, but I do think it shows the club is moving in the right direction.  Good teams in this league win more than half their games and that's where we have to be next year.

• Like 2

Prospect of adelaide away for our final gives me some hope, think it is by far the best we could hope for. Adelaide might be the best footballing team to watch but they are very beatable especially with our newfound defensive resilience.

Edited by perthheart
  • Like 2