Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

I just get annoyed at people getting offended over things that don't have any effect on them at all (yes this a a hypocritical statement). Who cares if you live in the UK and some drawing about an American by an Australian make you angry. Keep your mouth shut. If it was created or not created there would still be no change on your life.

It's like people marching/protesting on Swanston Street about issues on the other side of the world.... Fmd I just want to take a tram and not have to walk from Flinders.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, haz said:

I just get annoyed at people getting offended over things that don't have any effect on them at all (yes this a a hypocritical statement). Who cares if you live in the UK and some drawing about an American by an Australian make you angry. Keep your mouth shut. If it was created or not created there would still be no change on your life.

It's like people marching/protesting on Swanston Street about issues on the other side of the world.... Fmd I just want to take a tram and not have to walk from Flinders.

Or PPL like the Infamous Melbourne Supras marching down Swanston Street because Tony Abbott got elected a fortnight prior... such a terrible thing for one of the most democratic voting systems in the world to go the process of electing an Government a majority of its citizens voted for.

I remember we asked one of the protester why he had marched and he started talking about the Director of Public Prosecutions, switched on this bloke was considering the DPP is appointed by the Victorian Government.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cadete said:

Or PPL like the Infamous Melbourne Supras marching down Swanston Street because Tony Abbott got elected a fortnight prior... such a terrible thing for one of the most democratic voting systems in the world to go the process of electing an Government a majority of its citizens voted for.

I remember we asked one of the protester why he had marched and he started talking about the Director of Public Prosecutions, switched on this bloke was considering the DPP is appointed by the Victorian Government.

Those people have too much time on their hands

1 minute ago, haz said:

Those people have too much time on their hands

I remember on the news that night... that the Reporter interviewed about seven different people with each of them giving an entirely different reason on why they were marching in protest of 14 day old Government (And this was not the Two Minister Strong Early Whitlam Government).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, haz said:

The stupid cunts blocking traffic on the Swan St bridge a few years back to protest a decision by the WA state government really pissed me off. FFS move to WA and protest there.

20 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

The stupid cunts blocking traffic on the Swan St bridge a few years back to protest a decision by the WA state government really pissed me off. FFS move to WA and protest there.

2 years in a row after the F1, myself and hundreds of others had to walk from Flinders Street (once in the rain) due to protesters blocking the street. One of those times, the protest was for some issue in Africa (no relevance to Australia or Melbourne), and from what could see there were little to none Africans in the crowd.

23 hours ago, cadete said:

The BA dont seem to know that he has been given the position to resume the hard work he was doing as PM on placing the Indigenous in the constitution... Turnbull (despite perceptions of him as a Lefty Lib) canned the idea because of it being unpopular with a lot of lesser known Members of the Coalition - Abbott as PM did not care about the idea's popularity and saw it as a Moral Cause.

Abbot was also minister for women. Me thinks that he became the minister for aboriginal affairs and the minister for women not to do anything but to simply bury the idea. Of course the trifecta was the SSM referendum which was blocked in the Senate and nothing could be done about it - his brigade including Abetz were disappointed but when MT (at Dutton's suggestion) circumvented the Senate by holding a poll instead Abetz and Abbot were livid. Not buying the Moral Cause bit.

1 hour ago, haz said:

2 years in a row after the F1, myself and hundreds of others had to walk from Flinders Street (once in the rain) due to protesters blocking the street. One of those times, the protest was for some issue in Africa (no relevance to Australia or Melbourne), and from what could see there were little to none Africans in the crowd.

History lesson. Aboriginals were the only ones who protested in Australia against the Nazis treatment of the Jews. Charlie Chaplin got blacklisted in the USA as prematurely anti-Nazi (no one has ever named the person who coined that phrase). Western history is built not only in our actions but in our inactions as well. Even Macarthur legalised trade unions in Japan.

7 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Abbot was also minister for women. Me thinks that he became the minister for aboriginal affairs and the minister for women not to do anything but to simply bury the idea. Of course the trifecta was the SSM referendum which was blocked in the Senate and nothing could be done about it - his brigade including Abetz were disappointed but when MT (at Dutton's suggestion) circumvented the Senate by holding a poll instead Abetz and Abbot were livid. Not buying the Moral Cause bit.

History lesson. Aboriginals were the only ones who protested in Australia against the Nazis treatment of the Jews. Charlie Chaplin got blacklisted in the USA as prematurely anti-Nazi (no one has ever named the person who coined that phrase). Western history is built not only in our actions but in our inactions as well. Even Macarthur legalised trade unions in Japan.

Yea its all good. But blocking up the main PT street in Melbourne is no way to get your message across.

Rather than protesting thinking you're above everyone else,  just all chip in money to get legal documents written up and court actions initiated, which actually get stuff done properly.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:47 PM, NewConvert said:

Mate,  I know the person he contacted to help begin draft the Referendum fairly well... I doubt he created a fictional trip to Canberra and meeting with the then PM.

9 hours ago, cadete said:

Mate,  I know the person he contacted to help begin draft the Referendum fairly well... I doubt he created a fictional trip to Canberra and meeting with the then PM.

Not doubting your story. But I have worked long enough where I have spent time doing business cases for CEOs (both as an employee and supplier) that were never going to be implemented but did allow the CEO to make a press release that options were under investigation or report to the board that work was under way. You will find business development managers across all industries with similar stories. So I don't think that Abbott ever intended to hold the referendum specially since the High Court had already ruled that it was a parliamentary decision and not a constitutional one.

On 17/09/2018 at 5:55 AM, NewConvert said:

Not doubting your story. But I have worked long enough where I have spent time doing business cases for CEOs (both as an employee and supplier) that were never going to be implemented but did allow the CEO to make a press release that options were under investigation or report to the board that work was under way. You will find business development managers across all industries with similar stories. So I don't think that Abbott ever intended to hold the referendum specially since the High Court had already ruled that it was a parliamentary decision and not a constitutional one.

I think I will stick with my source... god this forum can be funny sometimes.

14 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

TTDIM: Kombucha. Great alternative to soft drink for those trying to cut down on sugar

Forgive me - I guess it's just a generational thing - but why don't you just give away all this concocted stuff in plastic bottles and drink good old boiled water or green tea?

34 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Forgive me - I guess it's just a generational thing - but why don't you just give away all this concocted stuff in plastic bottles and drink good old boiled water or green tea?

Because it still tastes sweet, and it's the sweetness of soft drink that makes me crave it. I usually carry a bottle of water with me wherever I go, but sometimes I want a sweet drink

2 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

TTDIM: Kombucha. Great alternative to soft drink for those trying to cut down on sugar

What about Coke No Sugar?

I know for a fact u cant put weight on with it so if u are purely trying to cut on sugar then that is even better tasting alternative.

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

I'm curious, can you show this as being a fact? 

No I cant, but TBH I dont feel I need to because I have known that since Pepsi Max first came out they have long had the "Smart Eating Disorder Girl" Tick of Approval - And u cant beat that in terms of knowing what a drink will do with weight gain. 

Edited by cadete

On 26/09/2018 at 1:33 PM, n i k o said:

I'm curious, can you show this as being a fact? 

Logic:

Gain weight = calories in > calories burnt

Lose weight = calories in < calories burnt

Change 200 calories from sugary softdrink to 0 calories from sugarfree softdrink, ceteris paribus you now are gaining like 25g of weight less a day / losing 25g more of weight a day.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

TTDIM: The knowledge that all the miserable parts of my shitty life no longer matter as I will be spending all of my time between now and eternity wandering the American West as an 1800's outlaw

Im very salty that its not coming out on PC. Looks like I'll be watching Youtube videos of grown men playing RDR2 trying to entertain kids

4 hours ago, malloy said:

Just dont eat for the next month... that would be the fiscally responsible thing to do.

3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I heard RDR2 is so advanced when you eat in the game it fills you up in real life 

2 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Food and sleep are for the weak. Red Dead consumes all

Maybe I should drop out of final year engineering and dedicate my life to being a cowboy

On 27/10/2018 at 1:25 AM, haz said:

Maybe I should drop out of final year engineering and dedicate my life to being a cowboy

Commit yourself and you can do both brother. I was working 2 jobs a couple years ago, it was hard work and long hours... but I did what I had to do. One was part time in sales and marketing the other was a full time Witcher.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, haz said:

TTIM: The Copa Libertadores being delayed...
TTDIM: The cameras showing all those sexy Argentinian women in the crowd. @HeartFc how can I obtain myself one of these chikas?

How good was that bus attack. Tevez copped it hard. This game may be the biggest in South American club history and the hate is just out of this world.

First up, learn some basic Spanish, just a few sentences will do. Its useful to open with when you hear them talking on the street. Hit up some notorious backpacker bars, clubs and introduce yourself to them. Seems more and more are either holidaying here or trying to migrate due to the shitty economic situation in South America. If you want to be a little creepy jump on all the backpacker facebook groups and start answering some of their posts. Offer to be a local guide and show them around tourist spots. They'll offer to split the fuel with you. They are very friendly and approachable girls, however they will not bang you on the first night, or even the first/second date, which is quite refreshing actually. They value loyalty and guys who don't party too much so if you come across as too cocky they'll be hesitant. They aren't politically correct like western girls and they hate government bureaucracy so you can fire away when it comes to your true feelings and opinion on things. If you do end up deciding to go down the Latina rabbit hole just be warned, they can be very jealous and possessive at times but make up for it be not being materialistic and shallow. They wont ask for gifts (I don't buy shit for mine) however they will ask for your time. Its a grind at times but you can be a bit more of a slob around the house as most men in South America look and act like farm animals. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

How good was that bus attack. Tevez copped it hard. This game may be the biggest in South American club history and the hate is just out of this world.

First up, learn some basic Spanish, just a few sentences will do. Its useful to open with when you hear them talking on the street. Hit up some notorious backpacker bars, clubs and introduce yourself to them. Seems more and more are either holidaying here or trying to migrate due to the shitty economic situation in South America. If you want to be a little creepy jump on all the backpacker facebook groups and start answering some of their posts. Offer to be a local guide and show them around tourist spots. They'll offer to split the fuel with you. They are very friendly and approachable girls, however they will not bang you on the first night, or even the first/second date, which is quite refreshing actually. They value loyalty and guys who don't party too much so if you come across as too cocky they'll be hesitant. They aren't politically correct like western girls and they hate government bureaucracy so you can fire away when it comes to your true feelings and opinion on things. If you do end up deciding to go down the Latina rabbit hole just be warned, they can be very jealous and possessive at times but make up for it be not being materialistic and shallow. They wont ask for gifts (I don't buy shit for mine) however they will ask for your time. Its a grind at times but you can be a bit more of a slob around the house as most men in South America look and act like farm animals. 

Haha cheers mate I'll get onto it

• 3 weeks later...

TTDIM: That every Well Read Atheist Girl living in the Inner North most likely when they were ten knocked on the back of at least one Wardrobe hoping to to find Aslan... in other words they went looking for the POWER and GLORY of CHRIST.

C.S.Lewis: What a man, just keeps on giving even after death.

Edited by cadete

3 hours ago, cadete said:

TTDIM: That every Well Read Atheist Girl living in the Inner North most likely when they were ten knocked on the back of at least one Wardrobe hoping to to find Aslan... in other words they went looking for the POWER and GLORY of CHRIST.

C.S.Lewis: What a man, just keeps on giving even after death.

Lol are you actually comparing believing in Christ to a fictional story as some sort of win over atheism.