Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

11 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Never really had any at our school. but for shits and giggles we used to stand around in a circle and chant FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT just to piss the teachers off and make them all run over. 

For some dumb reason we made some really odd Gorilla noise in like Year Four... always meant we never saw anyone fight anyone before the Teachers got there.

Also we used to use Fads at the Train Station to try get PPL to report us for smoking to the school.

Edited by cadete

30 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Never really had any at our school. but for shits and giggles we used to stand around in a circle and chant FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT just to piss the teachers off and make them all run over. 

In August there was year 11s vs year 12s futsal in the gym. I was in goals for the 12s and my mate ended up tucking the winner for a 1-0 win for the 11s in extra time. 5 seconds later an all out 50+ man brawl broke out as most of us 12s don't like the 11s and vice versa. Someone said something then bang chaos, teachers had no hope stopping it and it lasted at least 5 minutes. image.jpegI've got pics but I need the video I know someone's got it haha! Good times 😂😂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baka1 said:

In August there was year 11s vs year 12s futsal in the gym. I was in goals for the 12s and my mate ended up tucking the winner for a 1-0 win for the 11s in extra time. 5 seconds later an all out 50+ man brawl broke out as most of us 12s don't like the 11s and vice versa. Someone said something then bang chaos, teachers had no hope stopping it and it lasted at least 5 minutes. image.jpegI've got pics but I need the video I know someone's got it haha! Good times 😂😂

Get that video

I think the closest thing to a fight that ever happened at my school was my best mate annoying the shit out of some bloke in class for a good three weeks non-stop. Eventually the guy got so mad he challenged my mate to a fight at lunch, which at our school just never happened. My mate is a fairly big guy, and this other dude didn't exactly look like an MMA fighter. So my mate goes and meets this guy thinking its all a bit of a joke and walks up to the other guy and just apologises for being a wanker over the last few weeks and holds out his hand to shake. The other guy then out of nowhere belts him and knocks my mate out cold. It was actually pretty funny tbh

Edited by GreenSeater

14 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I think the closest thing to a fight that ever happened at my school was my best mate annoying the shit out of some bloke in class for a good three weeks non-stop. Eventually the guy got so mad he challenged my mate to a fight at lunch, which at our school just never happened. My mate is a fairly big guy, and this other dude didn't exactly look like an MMA fighter. So my mate goes and meets this guy thinking its all a bit of a joke and walks up to the other guy and just apologises for being a wanker over the last few weeks and holds out his hand to shake. The other guy then out of nowhere belts him and knocks my mate out cold. It was actually pretty funny tbh

Fights at my school don't really happen either. This year those has been crazy with them for some reason from yr9 chicks full belting either in the courtyard a couple of times a month to TAFE guys rocking up to fight with my mate in the school bus bay. Fantastic year tbh

41 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Looks like something from a fight involving Melbourne City casuals

Lol. Yoof policy 

LOL it didn't seem that strange when I was at high school, but now that I think about it if the Media got a hold of some of the shit that happened at my school it would have been shut down or something.

I don't even know where to start, I think one particular stand out story is that some genius at my school thought it was a good idea to have one of the year 7 classes comprising of all boys, presumably because there were more boys than girls enrolled. Of course I managed to win this lottery and was placed in the aforementioned class.

The results of this were:

I doubt even 10% of the curriculum was taught

Most our classes ended with all the tables flipped over as defensive shields as full on paper ball warfare was taking place.

Teachers gave up trying to teach and would just sit at their desk doing paper work, or walk out.

English teacher got beat up one time for trying to go against this established convention and trying to teach.

At least a couple other teachers could probably have a legitimate case for "assault"

One kid got expelled during first term year 7 for accumulating more suspensions than is allowed in the whole time your at the high school.

All the above in fact happened during first term, class didn't last much longer after that and was disbanded and students merged back into mixed classes.

12 minutes ago, Tesla said:

LOL it didn't seem that strange when I was at high school, but now that I think about it if the Media got a hold of some of the shit that happened at my school it would have been shut down or something.

I don't even know where to start, I think one particular stand out story is that some genius at my school thought it was a good idea to have one of the year 7 classes comprising of all boys, presumably because there were more boys than girls enrolled. Of course I managed to win this lottery and was placed in the aforementioned class.

The results of this were:

I doubt even 10% of the curriculum was taught

Most our classes ended with all the tables flipped over as defensive shields as full on paper ball warfare was taking place.

Teachers gave up trying to teach and would just sit at their desk doing paper work, or walk out.

English teacher got beat up one time for trying to go against this established convention and trying to teach.

At least a couple other teachers could probably have a legitimate case for "assault"

One kid got expelled during first term year 7 for accumulating more suspensions than is allowed in the whole time your at the high school.

All the above in fact happened during first term, class didn't last much longer after that and was disbanded and students merged back into mixed classes.

Some kid came to my school in Year 10... he had been expelled from four high schools and somehow his parents had convinced my Catholic Boys School to show some compassion and give him one last go.

Anyway he was this Dopey Guy with a Blonde Afro and brand spanking new School Uniform, I was in a class with him on the first morning and he walked straight up to my mate and I and asked if we wanted to buy any of the weed he had in his bag ready to sell.

Then the next day at lunch time he apparently got caught trying to do the same very obviously and loudly to some Year 11's and was promptly expelled.

One of my other mates was in his House and you always started school everyday and did all Camps/Special Activities with your House Class of twenty kids... this mate of mine was sick for two days and thus never ever got to meet the bloke who had been in his House Group.

5 hours ago, Tesla said:

I'll never understand how all boys schools work so well TBH.

Though I don't think I like the idea of same sex schools regardless, probably wouldnt send my kids to one when I have kids.

I can only say from my highschool, but the atmosphere was generally that they can successfully discipline students from year 7 and its just a mixture of teachers giving a fuck about the students and dedicating their time to make sure each pupil is able to succeed and a lot of respect is present between teacher and student, some teachers are very casual socially with students as they get through the 2nd half of high school (9ish to year 12) and this creates somewhat enjoyable classes across the subject spectrum. But you could apply this to a co-ed school easily, but perhaps I would assume there isn't any distractions with the opposite sex during school and students are able to get on with the classes easily? But I wouldn't know if that's a plausible argument since I can't compare without experienceing co-ed high school

15 hours ago, Tesla said:

I'll never understand how all boys schools work so well TBH.

Though I don't think I like the idea of same sex schools regardless, probably wouldnt send my kids to one when I have kids.

Someone asked me the other day what was the best thing I got from going to a Well Known Elite Boys School and I answered: The Permit to commence negotiations to chat up a particular type of Private School Melbourne Girl.

I am sure someone like Strides will call me out saying as such but I think everyone knows the type of girls I am talking about and would not pass on such a Permit.

10 hours ago, Young Polak said:

I can only say from my highschool, but the atmosphere was generally that they can successfully discipline students from year 7 and its just a mixture of teachers giving a fuck about the students and dedicating their time to make sure each pupil is able to succeed and a lot of respect is present between teacher and student, some teachers are very casual socially with students as they get through the 2nd half of high school (9ish to year 12) and this creates somewhat enjoyable classes across the subject spectrum. But you could apply this to a co-ed school easily, but perhaps I would assume there isn't any distractions with the opposite sex during school and students are able to get on with the classes easily? But I wouldn't know if that's a plausible argument since I can't compare without experienceing co-ed high school

I went to a co-educational boarding high school in the U.K. Seven years, aged 11-18. As an only child IMO it was a very important part of "growing up", not only because of that but also I was fortunate to enjoy some really great teachers whose teachings have stood me in good stead many times since. I'd say that for many children co-education provides a better balance that single-sex education. "Sex distractions" are going to be present whatever type of education you choose. In fact IMO they are less in the co-educational system. Spending 6 hours per day in a classroom with 20 or so females soon puts you in your place and you'd much prefer to be outside kicking a ball with the rest of the lads.

• Like 1

General research suggest that Boys do better in Co-Ed whilst Girls in Single-Sex-Ed but this is a very general rule that does not take into consideration Individuals.

FWIW I went to an all boys school but we spent the vast majority of our Pastoral Care Stuff/Camps etc with the Sister School to the point that it felt like we went to school with these girls as we saw them every week as well on the weekend... which in hindsight I think was a good medium between the two systems.

• Like 1