Melbourne Football

City Football Group (CFG) [Owner of Melbourne City]

Torn Asunder

I feel that JVS' inability to deliver the CFG style is the only reason he ended up changing his tactics. It's more about covering over the cracks in his ability to deliver.

Can adding new players next year help him achieve it? Can't see it, as he seems to have a habit of not getting the best out of his squad as it is.

• Like 3

I feel that JVS' inability to deliver the CFG style is the only reason he ended up changing his tactics. It's more about covering over the cracks in his ability to deliver.

Can adding new players next year help him achieve it? Can't see it, as he seems to have a habit of not getting the best out of his squad as it is.

That's my point, it isn't about judging him on this year's results except in how they contribute to an assessment of whether he is capable of coaching the team to a title and performing well in the ACL in the future

I remember Newcastle United had a car in the 90s. If I recall correctly it was comically unsuccessful

97_43.jpgComically unsuccessful? Sounds just like Newcastle United tbh.

Hey shut the fuck u....

You do have a point.

• Like 1

It appears that Ferran Soriano is listed by Wiki as the CEO of Manchester City & Melbourne City ... if true what does that mean for Scott Munn?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferran_Soriano

Wasn't Michael Owen listed as a Melbourne Heart striker on Wikipedia a few years ago?

it would make sense. We do affiliate with injured players. A lot.

One nagging thought on my minds is how committed CFG is to its expansion clubs if things at Man City are not going well.  Its well and good when their primary club is winning the EPL, but what happens if they send up with a bit of a crisis? I can see New York being very important for them given the size of the US market, but we might end up as an annoying boil on their backsides if all of CFG's energy needs to be directed at Man City.

One nagging thought on my minds is how committed CFG is to its expansion clubs if things at Man City are not going well.  Its well and good when their primary club is winning the EPL, but what happens if they send up with a bit of a crisis? I can see New York being very important for them given the size of the US market, but we might end up as an annoying boil on their backsides if all of CFG's energy needs to be directed at Man City.

Hopefully they aren't naive enough to have a business plan that is predicated on continuous success! I'll be happy to take the Man City discards next season.

Hopefully they aren't naive enough to have a business plan that is predicated on continuous success! I'll be happy to take the Man City discards next season.

James Milner... woweee

James Milner... woweee

Ok, every discard apart from James Milner :D

It appears that Ferran Soriano is listed by Wiki as the CEO of Manchester City & Melbourne City ... if true what does that mean for Scott Munn?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferran_Soriano

Wasn't Michael Owen listed as a Melbourne Heart striker on Wikipedia a few years ago?

it would make sense. We do affiliate with injured players. A lot.

You are correct about injuries and this club.

The point I was making is Wikipedia is not all that reliable when it comes to getting factual information.

Apparently Trade Minister Andrew Robb is a Melbourne City supporter:

@AndrewRobbMP explains to HH Sheikh Mansour that @MelbourneCity is his local team and the @ALeague is taking off

CCaxQoNUgAApW63.jpg

https://twitter.com/AusAmbUAE/status/587351734705639425

Not sure if Andrew Robb has a history supporting the club, but I can more than a few politicians and other prominent persons suddenly becoming Melbourne City supporters as this club moves forward

• 3 weeks later...

Entertaining news from the States. NYCFC, the club of course that loaned us Villa for 4 games, has issued song sheets to the supporters:

New York City FC issue fans with awful song sheets

By Darren Richman

04 May 2015

"Songs not included on this list may still be sung during the game"

qqpoaf.jpg

It's up to you, New York, New York: the song sheet in question

New York City is a wonderful place. The very words conjure up images of Billy Joel, Seinfeld and Frank Sinatra. Sporting giants like the Yankees and the Knicks loom large in the public’s consciousness. But what about football? Or, as they so foppishly refer to it over there, soccer?

New York City Football Club is a brand new team and one that will boast Frank Lampard as a player very soon. As the club takes its first tentative steps in the world of sport, it is doing everything in its power to prepare the fans. Apparently this now includes issuing them with song sheets.

The undisputed highlight is the little number entitled, “Some History”:

“You might have some history,

But we don’t give a crud,

Your team will always be a joke until they have a cup,

(Shout the Opposing team’s name)!!!!!”

Then, at the end, an important disclaimer: “Songs not included on this list may still be sung during the game.”

Extraordinary.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/babb/11581527/New-York-City-FC-issue-fans-with-awful-song-sheets.html

Well these plastic franchises are always happiest with plastic fans who are there for background colour and sanitised choreography. maybe we can loan them Ticker for 4 games

You mean "Bluey"? I thought we already had..

• Like 1

It's the U.S.A. They do things differently. Get used to it.

I was reading about some of the rules they had in place in late NASL/early MLS. To say they do things differently is putting it gently.

It's the U.S.A. They do things differently. Get used to it.

Amazing that just because they speak English how so many people don't seem to get this. For one I can never understand the fascination and identification so many people have with American politics. To me it's got nothing to do with us and is not comparable.
  • Like 2

I remember a the first heart game against Central Coast I was given a lyrics sheet. From memory there was a joy division one in there but I don't ever recall it being sung.

Yeah I remember that song sheet...but I don't think it had crud written on there.

"Centrelink it that way, you dole bludging c***s"

Remarkably, New York City FC is having a much worse season than Melbourne City. NYCFC has started with 6 losses, 3 draws and only 1 win over their first 10 games (they lost the first New York derby today, even though NYCFC had 11 men vs 10 for the last 60 minutes):

2m7zrip.jpg

Despite the fact that Melbourne City inherited a team where David Williams was the Player of the Year last season, Melbourne City picked up twice as many points, 12, over the first 10 games with 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses:

dh8evt.jpg

Also, David Villa has only scored 2 goals for NYCFC over 510 minutes, even though he's being around for a full pre-season. Villa scored 2 goals for Melbourne City over 312 minutes despite joining the team 6 days before his first match.

It will be interesting to see how CFG handle the on the pitch matters at NYCFC.

• Like 1

Remarkably, New York City FC is having a much worse season than Melbourne City. NYCFC has started with 6 losses, 3 draws and only 1 win over their first 10 games (they lost the first New York derby today, even though NYCFC had 11 men vs 10 for the last 60 minutes):

2m7zrip.jpg

Despite the fact that Melbourne City inherited a team where David Williams was the Player of the Year last season, Melbourne City picked up twice as many points, 12, over the first 10 games with 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses:

dh8evt.jpg

Also, David Villa has only scored 2 goals for NYCFC over 510 minutes, even though he's being around for a full pre-season. Villa scored 2 goals for Melbourne City over 312 minutes despite joining the team 6 days before his first match.

It will be interesting to see how CFG handle the on the pitch matters at NYCFC.

Yep, I've been thinking of making this post myself.

We've poisoned the chalice lol