Melbourne Football

City Football Group (CFG) [Owner of Melbourne City]

Torn Asunder

6 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I have forever been backing the club and to a lesser degree the League and I get that statements on a forum are basically just hot air.

But I'm on the verge of walking away.

If the club doesn't respond in the correct way I'm done. 

I've already emailed them.

Can't believe the idiocy.

Poor Ryan dealing with the replies as I also emailed them got a response saying club to release a statement during the week. 

Im sorry but a statement 'sometime this week' is simply not good enough.

Something should have been said yesterday, but obviously the club WAS on board with this. They will now spin it somehow with the backlash coming country-wide.

I am pretty much out - this league simply does not deserve to be supported. It is sad, but there is no other conclusion to draw. Constantly shooting themselves in the foot, with fans the stakeholders at the bottom of the list.

In fact, it seems they do everything with the aim of peak annoyance. 

If you turn up this week, you are complicit in this joke of a league. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, belaguttman said:

This is all about whose game it is. Does it 'belong' to the owners who invest their money? Does it 'belong' to the FFA, who administers and sanctions it? Does it 'belong' to the players? The fans?

It certainly seems like it doesn't belong to the fans, we are treated as consumers, not stakeholders

Precisely, but it's not an either or, it belongs to all of the above and probably in equal levels, and none can survive without the other.

And this decision will demonstrate this.

2 minutes ago, HughJass said:

See what happens....probably end up doubling down

Yeah, instead of next 3 it will be next 10+

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

This is all about whose game it is. Does it 'belong' to the owners who invest their money? Does it 'belong' to the FFA, who administers and sanctions it? Does it 'belong' to the players? The fans?

It certainly seems like it doesn't belong to the fans, we are treated as consumers, not stakeholders

It's everyones game. It does not "belong" to anyone in particular.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

B32CEE56-E2E6-4A4A-A85A-DC58E7EB3C11.jpeg

Part of my follow-up this morning was to ask Ryan, specifically, what part "Mr. Pearce" (the City and CFG member of the APL Board) played in this decision. Because I think individual Board members have to be accountable for their contributions to policy.

IMO keep it civil and polite but feel free to say and ask what you personally wish to. That's what I've done.

13 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Part of my follow-up this morning was to ask Ryan, specifically, what part "Mr. Pearce" (the City and CFG member of the APL Board) played in this decision. Because I think individual Board members have to be accountable for their contributions to policy.

IMO keep it civil and polite but feel free to say and ask what you personally wish to. That's what I've done.

Yeah I asked for Brad Rowse and Simon Pearce to release a joint statement to the fans outlining why you did this or that your vehemently against it in support with the fans  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HughJass said:

Phoenix statement https://wellingtonphoenix.com/news/a-statement-to-our-fans

I am assuming city will be something similar......

A "statement" not a message. In other words, "cop this."

It just gets worse. Arrogance.

Ah yes - those "financial pressures." In December 2021 the A-League secured an injection of $140m by selling a stake to Silver Lake. OK, where did that go? What are the individual salaries and total payments to the employees and directors of APL?

• Like 1

I've had erratic internet all day and my VOIP is not working. But I can't find anything about Di Pietro, and that WU statement appears to have been taken down.

Nothing that I can see from City. Chaos.

iiNet/Vodaphone. Anyone else got the same trouble?

Edit: WU statement here: https://wufc.com.au/news/club-statement-13-12-22

Edited by jw1739

It is pretty sad that as a Heart foundation member it has taken this utterly stupid decision for me to finally send a Forum post. Like others this may be the last straw.

I have also emailed the club and asked for an explanation from the City Group, obviously exempting Ryan from this total lack of respect for the fanbase.

Lets hope this stuff gets sorted, and who knows maybe we can finally do away with the Grand Finals all together and become a real football league where the season's best is the Champion!!!

Go The Heart!!!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, ajax_oz said:

It is pretty sad that as a Heart foundation member it has taken this utterly stupid decision for me to finally send a Forum post. Like others this may be the last straw.

I have also emailed the club and asked for an explanation from the City Group, obviously exempting Ryan from this total lack of respect for the fanbase.

Lets hope this stuff gets sorted, and who knows maybe we can finally do away with the Grand Finals all together and become a real football league where the season's best is the Champion!!!

Go The Heart!!!

You know it’s serious when somebody with 4 posts in 8 years makes themselves heard!

• Sad 1