Melbourne Football

City Football Group (CFG) [Owner of Melbourne City]

Torn Asunder

6 minutes ago, malloy said:

Definitely bust..

Not sure about that. The Sidwell syndicate had some wealthy backers. CFG has been the catalyst for a number of the changes that have taken place in the administration of football.  I'd say the League would probably still be 10 clubs or even reduced down to 8. We'd still play in red and white....

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Not sure about that. The Sidwell syndicate had some wealthy backers. CFG has been the catalyst for a number of the changes that have taken place in the administration of football.  I'd say the League would probably still be 10 clubs or even reduced down to 8. We'd still play in red and white....

This is true. We actually had some very wealthy owners at heart, they just didn't give a shit about the club. They were just interested in return on their investment... hey kinda like CFG!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Choke Football Group - CFG. Not a good 24hrs.

FMD, I just looked. What a choke by Manchester City. Two goals in a minute right at the death - what's the systemic problem in CFG that seems to cause this shit?

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

FMD, I just looked. What a choke by Manchester City. Two goals in a minute right at the death - what's the systemic problem in CFG that seems to cause this shit?

Male Pattern Baldness

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure where to put this but a recent comment I made on the City Facebook page about Flo's standout season was liked by the Sheikh. Not sure where I should be proud of that or creeped out. Or if it's someone playing silly buggers, but I also noticed he had liked a few others' comments too. Maybe he is showing some interest in our little club within the CFG network

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Le Hack said:

Not sure where to put this but a recent comment I made on the City Facebook page about Flo's standout season was liked by the Sheikh. Not sure where I should be proud of that or creeped out. Or if it's someone playing silly buggers, but I also noticed he had liked a few others' comments too. Maybe he is showing some interest in our little club within the CFG network

@Le Hack As long as there aren't four men with a day's growth of beard and wearing dark glasses sitting outside your place in a big black limo you should be OK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

@Le Hack As long as there aren't four men with a day's growth of beard and wearing dark glasses sitting outside your place in a big black limo you should be OK.

Oh those guys, met them last night, they told me that they were going to take me out to a box. I took it as corporate box which is nice of them

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

For me it smacks of self-adulation.

Good read but it’s one of those interviews where you can write your own questions. Would love to see one with a bit more critical content, focussed on what they are looking to improve and lessons learned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Good read but it’s one of those interviews where you can write your own questions. Would love to see one with a bit more critical content, focussed on what they are looking to improve and lessons learned.

Surprised Pucci didn't get a mention in "recruitment..."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I hate to tell you all that this Cisco mob are the Official Technology Partner for five clubs in CFG...one of which is us.

image.thumb.png.f7d4868178a56bb05e7f85e1474521ab.png

Holy moly. I don't even know what that means.

What does all this mean? We get digital scarves but no good marquee players?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well done Manchester City...WTF?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-15/manchester-city-sunscreen-melanoma-uk-charity/101332870

Presumably the same concern about "gel explosives" that means my toothpaste get impounded from my hand luggage at the airport. But seems very heavy-handed.

Edited by jw1739

On 28/07/2022 at 11:34 AM, jw1739 said:

I hate to tell you all that this Cisco mob are the Official Technology Partner for five clubs in CFG...one of which is us.

image.thumb.png.f7d4868178a56bb05e7f85e1474521ab.png

Holy moly. I don't even know what that means.

And just like that... the connection with CFG becomes more distant.