Melbourne Football

City Football Group (CFG) [Owner of Melbourne City]

Torn Asunder

17 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Really is a rather embarrassing stat... One word would summarise our history "underwhelming" 

5 layer tinfoil hat conspiracy.... CFG bought us not to increase their brand in Asia, but just to increase their brand in Australia. By purchasing Heart, they knew that there would never be conflict with their (bigger market) Chinese, Japanese. And Indian clubs.

Stay woke kids!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, haz said:

5 layer tinfoil hat conspiracy.... CFG bought us not to increase their brand in Asia, but just to increase their brand in Australia. By purchasing Heart, they knew that there would never be conflict with their (bigger market) Chinese, Japanese. And Indian clubs.

Stay woke kids!

So what you are saying is that our KPI is NOT to qualify for the ACL? This would explain why people are keeping their jobs.

49 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Fake news.

What about Auckland Kingz, North Queensland Fury & Gold Coast United?

How about a meme about who’s won the prestigious Craig Foster cup hey? When you win big trophies like that, little wins aren’t as important 

It's like some people just dont understand perspective...

image.jpeg.da6d27fca9b02bb7ab288f9434fb8b03.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Regular season Finals series
Club Premiers Runners-up Champions Runners-up
Sydney FC 3 3 4 1
Melbourne Victory 3 2 4 2
Brisbane Roar 2 1 3  
Central Coast Mariners 2 2 1 3
Adelaide United 2 2 1 2
Western Sydney Wanderers 1 2   3
Perth Glory 1     2
Newcastle Jets   2 1 1
Wellington Phoenix        
Melbourne City        
Western United        
Gold Coast United        
North Queensland Fury        
New Zealand Knights        
Bold denotes club still competing in the A-League.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Actually we were the first to have the circular badge.

Also we were the first to have been renamed and had our colours changed. 

Now with this happening again, even after what many may have perceived as a error in judgment it's pretty clear that we will never return to the traditional Heart strip.

So finally those that held this hope that one day we may be somehow be a reincarnation of Heart should accept that we can't go back. That is you can't unscramble the egg so to speak. 

So as I've accepted the loss of the sausage stand and promise never to post about it again can others that put out posts of returning to red and white stripes also cease.

I have moved on and I encourage others to follow. 

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Yep, I agree. As a moderator I might act on posts that discuss what is really a pointless discussion. We might see R&W again on an anniversary, but otherwise R&W is essentially dead. 

I don't think its dead; in fact i actually think the club views it as a very important part of our history and will continue to use it going forward in away and 3rd kits and as a secondary colour scheme.
What is dead however is any notion we will revert back to it as our regular home strip. That ship has well and truly sailed, and if you are still clinging on after 5 seasons of being sky blue and haven't moved on yet then you either need to put up or shut up, cos most people are absolutely sick of hearing about it.

*Note use of the word you there is not directed at anyone specifically 😛 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

I don't think its dead; in fact i actually think the club views it as a very important part of our history and will continue to use it going forward in away and 3rd kits and as a secondary colour scheme.
What is dead however is any notion we will revert back to it as our regular home strip. That ship has well and truly sailed, and if you are still clinging on after 5 seasons of being sky blue and haven't moved on yet then you either need to put up or shut up, cos most people are absolutely sick of hearing about it.

...but, but what do I do now with my Olympiakos kit???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

Yeah I agree with the ship sailing. I still hold out hope that we might get at least variation with the home kit whether thats an Argentinian sky blue and white stripes etc but seeing that Montevideo City kit being exactly the same as us... Dont like the look of that.

15 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Yeah I agree with the ship sailing. I still hold out hope that we might get at least variation with the home kit whether thats an Argentinian sky blue and white stripes etc but seeing that Montevideo City kit being exactly the same as us... Dont like the look of that.

I think you're wasting your time to be honest and you're better off just accepting it or moving on. Otherwise you just live in a constant disappointment, which imo is what a hell of a lot of our fan base have done to themselves. That's not to say we should accept mediocrity or anything like that, but context is always important and i think our fans have judged the club against their own expectations post takeover, and not relative to the other clubs, or even what we were when we were Heart. The everything was better in the Heart days types a re a good example of that.
In saying that, if something ever happened and we somehow saw a backflip in that area, then you take that as a bonus if it comes.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I think you're wasting your time to be honest and you're better off just accepting it or moving on. Otherwise you just live in a constant disappointment, which imo is what a hell of a lot of our fan base have done to themselves. That's not to say we should accept mediocrity or anything like that, but context is always important and i think our fans have judged the club against their own expectations post takeover, and not relative to the other clubs, or even what we were when we were Heart. The everything was better in the Heart days types a re a good example of that.
In saying that, if something ever happened and we somehow saw a backflip in that area, then you take that as a bonus if it comes.

you're on a roll today champ!