Melbourne Football

City Football Group (CFG) [Owner of Melbourne City]

Torn Asunder

I think this whole victory being proactive and ruthless is a bullshit argument tbh.

They've built their club on an ' intimidatory us against them' culture, full of bullies and arseholes. Now it's pretty hard to continue this behaviour when your all time grand chief prick leaves. So it's left to their board to pick up the slack and knt behaviour. The decision to get rid of kurz is pure scapegoat and to me, shows they are a rabble at the moment and continues their history of when shit goes wrong, just whinge and blame someone else.

I see nothing positive in what they did today and we shouldn't look across at them in envy at allĀ 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, rass said:

I think this whole victory being proactive and ruthless is a bullshit argument tbh.

They've built their club on an ' intimidatory us against them' culture, full of bullies and arseholes. Now it's pretty hard to continue this behaviour when your all time grand chief prick leaves. So it's left to their board to pick up the slack and knt behaviour. The decision to get rid of kurz is pure scapegoat and to me, shows they are a rabble at the moment and continues their history of when shit goes wrong, just whinge and blame someone else.

I see nothing positive in what they did today and we shouldn't look across at them in envy at allĀ 

Yeah yeah and Barcelona have no clue either. No the difference Victory is managed as a football club and we are ran like a business.
We keep on players like Berenguer or poor performing staff because it cost money to get rid of them - thatā€™s a business call and not based on performance.

Of course Kurz is a scapegoat as he isnā€™t performing, 90% of clubs around the world will get rid of underperforming coaches.

You are way tooĀ kind Rass.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Yeah yeah and Barcelona have no clue either. No the difference Victory is managed as a football club and we are ran like a business.
We keep on players like Berenguer or poor performing staff because it cost money to get rid of them - thatā€™s a business call and not based on performance.

Of course Kurz is a scapegoat as he isnā€™t performing, 90% of clubs around the world will get rid of underperforming coaches.

You are way tooĀ kind Rass.

So if they're performance based, why don't their board look at themselves? Declining crowds (was happening last year), shit signings, etc..Ā  they're not Kurz's problems, he inherited them. But hey, let's just re-sign an old player and sack the coach and get another quick hit fix.

We're not perfect, no way. But in no way should we ever aim to be like them.

28 minutes ago, Embee said:

I dislike Joyce as much as anyone, but in his first season we finished third (our highest ever finish) and were a VAR fuck-up from making our first Asian Champions League. No other club in this league is a sacking a manager after he takes them to their highest ever finish and gets them within a bees dick of their inaugural Asian campaign.

He should have been removed early during his second season IMO.

But the point remains. Players exited under him, team stability was shit house yet our overlords stood by. The central point is that our foreign management are not 'invested' in the our club - in hearts and minds. They don't suffer any anxiety over what's happening down under because their main focus is elsewhere.

Just now, rass said:

So if they're performance based, why don't their board look at themselves? Declining crowds (was happening last year), shit signings, etc..Ā  they're not Kurz's problems, he inherited them. But hey, let's just re-sign an old player and sack the coach and get another quick hit fix.

Like win silverware?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HEARTinator said:

But the point remains. Players exited under him, team stability was shit house yet our overlords stood by. The central point is that our foreign management are not 'invested' in the our club - in hearts and minds. They don't suffer any anxiety over what's happening down under because their main focus is elsewhere.

Like win silverware?

..as have Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, CCM.Ā 

But if you want to be like victory, be my guest...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, rass said:

So if they're performance based, why don't their board look at themselves?Ā 

Yes well unfortunately thatā€™s not how it works in the grown up world, fair or not - line managers are first to be sacked. Havenā€™t come across manyĀ board members who removed themselves unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, rass said:

Mmmmm Iā€™m pretty sure these clubs wonĀ prizes but also have sacked respective coaches over the years.

Again we arenā€™t ruthless enough in management and that also reflects on pitch over years.

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Yes well unfortunately thatā€™s not how it works in the grown up world, fair or not - line managers are first to be sacked. Havenā€™t come across manyĀ board members who removed themselves unfortunately.

Of course not, so it's a bit of a contradiction to say it's performance based - but only for the one person.

Unless of course when it comes to success, then I'm sure that board will be the first to reward themselves...

13 minutes ago, rass said:

I just want an identity that we can be proud of.

Unfortunately we are coming out of the most mismanaged, demoralizing and incompetent time of out existence both on and off the pitch.

CFG has taken our passion away and corporatised the club and tried to cut the club from its roots.

This cuts deep for a lot of members hence why we have no membership growthĀ  and have a steady decline with disenchantedĀ  members not giving over the cash.

Interesting times.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, rass said:

Of course not, so it's a bit of a contradiction to say it's performance based - but only for the one person.

Unless of course when it comes to success, then I'm sure that board will be the first to reward themselves...

Agreed - as said, itā€™s not always fair but clubs make choices at a cost in the hope toĀ turn around the results/season. Itā€™s much easier to sack theĀ coach than half the team.

Edited by Mr MO

9 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Mmmmm Iā€™m pretty sure these clubs wonĀ prizes but also have sacked respective coaches over the years.

Again we arenā€™t ruthless enough in management and that also reflects on pitch over years.

Ā 

By the way, I never said we shouldn't be ruthless and accept mediocrity. My post was purely around victory and how they behave... But I apologise, I didn't mean to offend those of us who privately flog themselves over Muscat videos.

Perhaps that's our problem, we have too many people who want us to be just like victory...

Not for me sorry, I cannot entertain any connection to those pricks whatsoever.

Edited by rass
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, rass said:

Ā 

By the way, I never said we shouldn't be ruthless and accept mediocrity. My post was purely around victory and how they behave... But I apologise, I didn't mean to offend those of us who privately flog themselves over Muscat videos.

Perhaps that's our problem, we have too many people who want us to be just like victory...

Not for me sorry, I cannot entertain any connection to those pricks whatsoever.

If it makes you feel better please substitute the word Victory for any other club around the world who replacesĀ their manager, reinforce mid season whenĀ believes is there to perform better or meet goals/target.

I donā€™t like Victory but if Western would have sacked Babbel I would have used them as an example. Show ambition, show emotion as a true football club.

Your hatred for Victory runs very deep.

Edited by Mr MO

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

If it makes you feel better please substitute the word Victory for any other club around the world who replacesĀ their manager, reinforce mid season whenĀ believes is there to perform better or meet goals/target.

I donā€™t like Victory but if Western would have sacked Babbel I would have used them as an example. Show ambition, show emotion as a true football club.

Your hatred for Victory runs very deep.

I admit, it does. Of course we all want to have a silverware cupboard like they do, but in no way should we ever aspire to be like them in order to get that success.

We all whinge about culture on here; well that's a starting point for an identity. We are nothing like them or ever will be.

I generally lean towards Rass' side of this discussion except that IMOĀ CFG/City showed themselves to be far too weak when they allowed the Fornaroli/Joyce stand-off to get to where it did. Irrespective of who did what to whom, when and where, that situation should never have been allowed to get to where it did, and IMO demonstrated plenty of incompetence in the management above Joyce. It probably did more damage to the "brand" than anything else.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rass said:

Imagine what their dressing room is like at the moment. Team spirit my arse.Ā 

19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I generally lean towards Rass' side of this discussion except that IMOĀ CFG/City showed themselves to be far too weak when they allowed the Fornaroli/Joyce stand-off to get to where it did. Irrespective of who did what to whom, when and where, that situation should never have been allowed to get to where it did, and IMO demonstrated plenty of incompetence in the management above Joyce. It probably did more damage to the "brand" than anything else.

I don't think Rass is really defending CFG at all tbh, more so scoffing at the championing of the Victory as an example the club should follow and emulate.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Embee said:

I don't think Rass is really defending CFG at all tbh, more so scoffing at the championing of the Victory as an example the club should follow and emulate.

We'll I mean Victory have won a tad more than us.

15 minutes ago, haz said:

We'll I mean Victory have won a tad more than us.

Big deal, so has just about every other club in the league.

The Tards are far from the pinnacle of running a club in this league anyway. Sydney have managed to instill a culture and structure that has run from one manager to theĀ next, whereas the Tards have already started to fall off the moment Muscat walked away

Edited by Embee
  • Like 2

Iā€™m with @rass. Tard worshippers should take a cold shower.

WhatĀ have they done? Burdened a manager with a pigs ear squad, then sacked him when he couldnā€™t make it into a silk purse. To top it off theyā€™ve then hired a third highly paid winger, so now they haveĀ three big $ wingers but only 2 spots and an even more shitĀ midfield.

To top it off, their new signing must be wondering what the fuck is going on.

Emulate that? No thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Iā€™m with @rass. Tard worshippers should take a cold shower.

WhatĀ have they done? Burdened a manager with a pigs ear squad, then sacked him when he couldnā€™t make it into a silk purse. To top it off theyā€™ve then hired a third highly paid winger, so now they haveĀ three big $ wingers but only 2 spots and an even more shitĀ midfield.

To top it off, their new signing must be wondering what the fuck is going on.

Emulate that? No thanks.

Missing the point, you are looking too far into it.

This wasnā€™t discussion, well for me at least, it was about demanding the best for the club instead floating alongĀ for years and sitting out contracts of underperformers. You can take any club who makes list and management changes as an example.

Anyway enough about them, looking forward to Cabreraā€™s replaced tomorrow.

Edited by Mr MO

I never rated Kurtz. All the talk about his ability at Adelaide, they finished 4 points ahead of us with Joyce. When victory announced him I was more than happy. And he certainly delivered.Ā 

The point isn't being like victory. I agree from that perspective withĀ @rassĀ @EmbeeĀ @Shahanga. However, it feels like @Mr MOĀ is coming from the point of view that the direct similarity between Kurtz and Joyce ball and how the club's respond is the sticking point. The Joyce tenure is still raw. And fans, it seems, haven't forgotten so easily how the club was almost brought to it's knees instead of acting earlier, in the same like as victory. Not all supporters feel as strongly about it.Ā  But after what we went through last seasonĀ supporters can't be blamed for feeling a little envious that our club didn't act in a similar way in this. I certainly don't.Ā 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 16/01/2020 at 8:36 AM, n i k o said:

Ā 

The point isn't being like victory. I agree from that perspective withĀ @rassĀ @EmbeeĀ @Shahanga. However, it feels like @Mr MOĀ is coming from the point of view that the direct similarity between Kurtz and Joyce ball and how the club's respond is the sticking point. The Joyce tenure is still raw. And fans, it seems, haven't forgotten so easily how the club was almost brought to it's knees instead of acting earlier, in the same like as victory. Not all supporters feel as strongly about it.Ā  But after what we went through last seasonĀ supporters can't be blamed for feeling a little envious that our club didn't act in a similar way in this. I certainly don't.Ā 

Hence the reason for our cancellation of our memberships last December(2018) to wait and see what will happen. We voted with our feet as this seemed to be the only way we could tell the club what we felt about Joyce etc.

Ā 

• Like 1

On 16/01/2020 at 8:36 AM, n i k o said:

I never rated Kurtz. All the talk about his ability at Adelaide, they finished 4 points ahead of us with Joyce. When victory announced him I was more than happy. And he certainly delivered.Ā 

Exactly. The inference that some people wanted to be like Victory was spurious nonsense and missed the main point - which you have made well.

• Like 1