Melbourne Football

City vs Macarthur, AAMI Park, Friday 12th March 2021

fensaddler

He needs to produce way more before he can even be given more minutes. 

He had a chance although difficult but nevertheless still a chance to cut one back but sliced it, had he nailed it and given Maclaren a tap in he would be in for more minutes. 

Don't get me wrong I think he has talent but he must take his opportunities be it 5 minutes 10 12 20 whatever. 

If he doesn't he could become another of the long list of yoof that claim that have been let down by system but IMO but just didn't take their chances.

29 minutes ago, Jovan said:

He needs to produce way more before he can even be given more minutes. 

He had a chance although difficult but nevertheless still a chance to cut one back but sliced it, had he nailed it and given Maclaren a tap in he would be in for more minutes. 

Don't get me wrong I think he has talent but he must take his opportunities be it 5 minutes 10 12 20 whatever. 

If he doesn't he could become another of the long list of yoof that claim that have been let down by system but IMO but just didn't take their chances.

Geez I wish we could be that critical on all our players over any 5 minutes  🤗, but I get what you mean as he needs to show it. That ball just bounced up before the layoff hence the poor connection. 

An assist and a goal in his name so far in not many minutes played. Looks dangerous when coming on.

I agree that he is not there yet but definitely the most talented of our fringe players. He’s a club man, he won’t be let down and he won’t let us down.

I’m not calling him to start but keep in mind these guys have no other opportunities to develop and play football. This is very wrong at the moment for our youth development across the league saying that this season is a little different.

Edited by Mr MO

10 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Geez I wish we could be that critical on all our players over any 5 minutes  🤗, a bit harsh but I get what you mean as he needs to show it. That ball just bounced up before the layoff hence the poor connection. 

An assist and a goal in his name so far in not many minutes played. Looks dangerous when coming on.

I agree that he is not there yet but definitely the most talented of our fringe players. He’s a club man, he won’t be let down and he won’t let us down.

I’m not calling him to start but keep in mind these guys have no other opportunities to develop and play football. This is very wrong at the moment for our youth development across the league.

They are playing NPL shortly. They just walloped MV 7-1 in their last warm-up match and Cola had a hat-trick.

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/weekend-wrap-three-three

33 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Agree, and he'll only improve playing more minutes against better players