Melbourne Football

City vs Macarthur, AAMI Park, Friday 12th March 2021

fensaddler

OK, time to get back to earth. We've had a fabulous Derby win, and a run of three good wins, but this one will in many ways be the biggest test. A side stacked with talent and going well, we can't afford not to turn up, to play one good half and one mediocre one, or to believe in our own publicity. If we want to do something this season, we need to take out the contenders, and this is a real six pointer. A win for us will damage Macarthur's push, but the opposite will push us right back into the pack and undo our good work. It would also erode the belief in the team which is hard won and only just returning. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

OK, time to get back to earth. We've had a fabulous Derby win, and a run of three good wins, but this one will in many ways be the biggest test. A side stacked with talent and going well, we can't afford not to turn up, to play one good half and one mediocre one, or to believe in our own publicity. If we want to do something this season, we need to take out the contenders, and this is a real six pointer. A win for us will damage Macarthur's push, but the opposite will push us right back into the pack and undo our good work. It would also erode the belief in the team which is hard won and only just returning. 

Yep this game will show where we’re at.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Yep this game will show where we’re at.

I knew someone would... 

Where we're at is that we're the best side in the league when we're on, but too often this season we've been well off. We're capable of being woeful. As so often, it is which version of City turns up on Friday night. 

Edited by fensaddler
  • Like 2

I think Macarthur are really gettable, they are really susceptible to a fast break, cause they have Benat playing pretty much as their 6 and he gets up in attack. Western tore them apart with Diamanti, Iker and Pierias. If we hold up defensively I think we have too much going forward for them, especially if we can get Maclaren and Nabbout one in one with Milligan (he has been a brilliant player but he has lost pace and can't turn and go like he used to) 

High hopes.

No doubt our boys will be on cloud 9 after destroying our cross town rivals, where as the Bull Artists will be down after struggling to lay a glove on CC.

Having said that it’ll start at 0-0 and we’ll need to bring our A game against a talented side. 
So. I think we can win this one.

Not sure if this has been raised, but the tickets available for this Friday's home game and the other two subsequent home games, Ticketek is charging $5.95 for "delivery" (sent to your mobile). Why all of sudden there is a charge?? Never had to pay this "delivery" fee all season when claiming tickets.

25 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Not sure if this has been raised, but the tickets available for this Friday's home game and the other two subsequent home games, Ticketek is charging $5.95 for "delivery" (sent to your mobile). Why all of sudden there is a charge?? Never had to pay this "delivery" fee all season when claiming tickets.

probs because not enough fans attend, so they need to make more money somehow 

5 hours ago, Tony999 said:

It disappears later.

Not sure what is going on but I didn’t pay.

8 hours ago, Tony999 said:

The $5.95 charge is a mistake by Ticketek and will be refunded this week. (Source: Ryan, City Membership Department.)

It has apparently been tortuous for the membership guys to get as far as they have - what with DHHS and Ticketek.

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

The system applies a discount at the end to reduce the bill to zero. Just keep going. 

When I booked, no. See my refund comment above.

Edited by jw1739

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

The $5.95 charge is a mistake by Ticketek and will be refunded this week. (Source: Ryan, City Membership Department.)

It has apparently been tortuous for the membership guys to get as far as they have - what with DHHS and Ticketek.

FMD. Can't they get it right for once? It's not as if covid started yesterday and they needed to change the whole ticketing system overnight.

You are right in saying it does not vanish at the end because mine asked for my Credit Card details to process the payment.

1 minute ago, Tony999 said:

FMD. Can't they get it right for once? It's not as if covid started yesterday and they needed to change the whole ticketing system overnight.

You are right in saying it does not vanish at the end because mine asked for my Credit Card details to process the payment.

Yep, happened to me too.

Just another cheap money grab from ticketek hoping you won't realise or bother doing anything about it.

Maybe I'm getting too old now but have really noticed the greed in some of these companies since covid. Everyone is out to stooge everyone and the consumer will always be the one who gets shafted. 

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Interesting, I booked over the weekend and had no such problem. Hopefully it's been fixed now. Similarly, when I booked tickets earlier in the season I saw the charge being applied part way through and tried to work out how to delete it, but at the end of the process the statement showed a discount which balanced out the charge. Seems they have been mucking about in between and making things worse... 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Interesting, I booked over the weekend and had no such problem. Hopefully it's been fixed now. Similarly, when I booked tickets earlier in the season I saw the charge being applied part way through and tried to work out how to delete it, but at the end of the process the statement showed a discount which balanced out the charge. Seems they have been mucking about in between and making things worse... 

Yeah its not their anymore when you proceed past the opening page to where it states your row etc  its says 0.00 

B15C4046-12BF-4DBB-81F8-FE6BE6BD8B79.jpeg

Edited by CityBoyz

8 hours ago, CityBoyz said:

Yeah its not their anymore when you proceed past the opening page to where it states your row etc  its says 0.00 

B15C4046-12BF-4DBB-81F8-FE6BE6BD8B79.jpeg

That's not what I see. I see this;
image.png.31fd2c5c8136cb3ad0ffe0cd90fede65.png

And when I proceed beyond the above point, it's asking for my CC details to submit payment
image.png.a93fd8a679ba852619b13328f0dd9fa6.png

Take it easy on the club boys. My information is that the clubs were not consulted when the DHHS handed down what had to be done at AAMI Park (and other outdoor venues) and it's been an absolute nightmare for them to get even to where they are with tickets. The club is paying the handling fee, meaning that on cheaper memberships they are actually paying for members to attend matches.

If you've paid a handling fee it will be refunded in due course.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Where was this update posted?

D6FA899E-698E-467A-8188-D9445AECB306.png

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Take it easy on the club boys. My information is that the clubs were not consulted when the DHHS handed down what had to be done at AAMI Park (and other outdoor venues) and it's been an absolute nightmare for them to get even to where they are with tickets. The club is paying the handling fee, meaning that on cheaper memberships they are actually paying for members to attend matches.

If you've paid a handling fee it will be refunded in due course.

Yeah definitely. We all know it’s ticketek’s fault. I’m gonna buy the tickets either way, just thought I’d wait to see if it gets resolved before doing so.

• Like 1

TBH it doesn't fuss me if the handling fee isn't refunded for just this one match. But it's got to be fixed by next time around.

Just shows how shit these systems are in Australia. We're just not in the game.

Edited by jw1739

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

TBH it doesn't fuss me if the handling fee isn't refunded for just this one match. But it's got to be fixed by next time around.

Just shows how shit these systems are in Australia. We're just not in the game.

The irony is that Ticketmaster make ticketek look like geniuses 

• Haha 1

Luna still unavailable.

Melbourne City FC squad

1.Tom GLOVER (gk), 2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c), 4.Nuno REIS, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 11.Craig NOONE, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 14.Naoki TSUBAKI, 15.Andrew NABBOUT, 16.Taras GOMULKA, 17.Stefan COLAKOVSKI, 18.Connor METCALFE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Marco TILIO, 33.Matthew SUTTON (gk), 35.Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES, 36.Kerrin STOKES.

In: 35.Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES, 36.Kerrin STOKES.

Out: Nil

Unavailable: 8.Aiden O’NEILL (back), 20.Adrian LUNA (hamstring).

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Luna still unavailable.

Melbourne City FC squad

1.Tom GLOVER (gk), 2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c), 4.Nuno REIS, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 11.Craig NOONE, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 14.Naoki TSUBAKI, 15.Andrew NABBOUT, 16.Taras GOMULKA, 17.Stefan COLAKOVSKI, 18.Connor METCALFE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Marco TILIO, 33.Matthew SUTTON (gk), 35.Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES, 36.Kerrin STOKES.

In: 35.Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES, 36.Kerrin STOKES.

Out: Nil

Unavailable: 8.Aiden O’NEILL (back), 20.Adrian LUNA (hamstring).

That’s the first time they haven’t tried ducks and drakes by naming him. 

3 weeks is normally the minimum for a hammy, after that depends how bad it is. As far as I know nothing official has been said so we’re just guessing it seems.

Nabbout out for me, couldn’t even score on the weekend. Maclaren scored one but got too much of the ball and was way too involved in build up. Strikers are only supposed to score goals Jamie, you muppet. Drop Berenguer, Metcalfe and Griffiths for scoring goals from midfield. Don’t they know that that puts our defence in a really vulnerable position?

I’m almost tempted to bin Reis and Good and Glover for conceding 7 shots. They were so lucky none were on target. They were basically invisible all game too. Atkinson and Jamieson are on thin ice; zero successful crosses and neither of them able to hit 100 per cent passing accuracy. Pathetic.

If I hadn’t already dropped Berenguer and Griffiths for putting their own glory in front of the team’s then I’d probably be calming them down after their stupid and selfish yellow cards. Do they want to get sent off? Fucking hell.