Melbourne Football

Victory vs. City, Saturday 6th March 2021, Marvel, 7.10pm

Harrison

Loved Glover giving it to the Tards active Bay after the 5th goal. It nearly made me feel sympathy for my Victory supporting mates I went to the game with. 

We were terrible under Aloisi, but at least we had a dip in derbies. That Victory team has as much spine as a jellyfish. Long may it continue.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Every time I have seen the visitors play this year they have been woeful. They leave so much space in the middle of the park for the opposition to play.

I was really worried that they would rally for this game and turn it into a shit fight (being a derby and they have a lot of players who like a scrap).

So they have now lost 2 Melbourne derbies in 2 weeks and have their old rivals Adelaide next weekend! Shit time to be a visitor fan!

That was the most glorious game I think I've ever seen.

90 minutes of pure perfection, only lessened by the fact I was watching on Kayo instead of live at Marvel. However, that was quickly mitigated by the countless panning shots of distraught Victory supporters.

Perfection.

• Like 1

Still on absolute cloud 9, after last night. 

The main thing I took from it all, is we have a group of players who genuinely love this club, in a league that players flick between clubs so often it's hard to get that full connection. 

Tommy Glover, we gave him his chance. He loves this club... Nat Atkinson the same... Curtis Good the same... Connor Metcalfe the same.. Stef Colacovski the same. And then on top of that, I really feel like Jamo and Maclaren are the exact same, and it really showed that when we had the chance to put our foot on the throat of our biggest rival. We had absolutely no problem in doing so

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, neio said:

The main thing I took from it all, is we have a group of players who genuinely love this club, in a league that players flick between clubs so often it's hard to get that full connection. 

Tommy Glover, we gave him his chance. He loves this club... Nat Atkinson the same... Curtis Good the same... Connor Metcalfe the same.. Stef Colacovski the same. And then on top of that, I really feel like Jamo and Maclaren are the exact same, and it really showed that when we had the chance to put our foot on the throat of our biggest rival. We had absolutely no problem in doing so

On Jamo.....we give him a lot of shit but he was very good on the ball last night, I couldn't believe my eyes with some of ball control, positioning and simple passing - that's where it goes wrong very oftern. He also learned his lesson against this referee after this Adelaide send off. 

Feet on the ground now, everybody beats Victory this season! Let's do it against Perth, MacArthur, CCM and our bogey team Adelaide.

A clinical performance against our most bitter rivals. How sweet it is. 

It can’t be understated how much of an influence Griffiths and Nabbout have had. I knew they were going to make us better but I’m honestly a little surprised at how much stronger we are. Our spine is tough and our front three are so much more potent. It has completely changed the dynamic of the team. 

Victory are an easy team to play against but this win is still a triumph because it’s a derby and we won so comprehensively. It should give us a lot more belief that we are genuine title contenders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neio said:

I just want us to be able to keep these players, especially those that have come through our Academy. They are "our boys." What impressed me was the blistering pace that guys such as Metcalfe, Nabbout, Atkinson, and even in the last seconds of the match Cola, could turn on and wanted to turn on.

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I just want us to be able to keep these players, especially those that have come through our Academy. They are "our boys." What impressed me was the blistering pace that guys such as Metcalfe, Nabbout, Atkinson, and even in the last seconds of the match Cola, could turn on and wanted to turn on.

Eventually Europe will come calling for some of these boys, and that’s a good thing if so and will only inspire more prospects to join our academy but I never ever want to see any of these guys playing for another A-league club. Huge failing as a club if so. I’m very glad we were able to rescue Atkinson from Perth and we can’t allow a similar situation to happen again. 

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Alongside the performances of many senior players, one of the aspects of yesterday's match which was great was the performance of several of the lads who have come up through our club. Metcalfe, Atkinson and Cola all played key roles. This is part of what builds fan attachment to the club. They are not just interchangeable parts of a squad. They are our lads, and we're proud of their emergence and performance. Particularly special for Cola, the kid who stood on our terraces as a boy, he would have dreamt of doing what he did yesterday. For him, he'll struggle to top that moment. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Particularly special for Cola, the kid who stood on our terraces as a boy, he would have dreamt of doing what he did yesterday. For him, he'll struggle to top that moment. 

Forgot about this, makes his goal even sweeter.