Melbourne Football

Victory vs. City, Saturday 6th March 2021, Marvel, 7.10pm

Harrison

Well that was simply superb. Not a bad performer on the pitch and great to see Metcalfe and Cola amongst the goals. To think we missed a penalty and a number of other clear chances too... coulda been 9-0.

Also, that was huge for our GD and we're up to fourth on the table with a game in hand - keep this form up and we're going places. 

Oh what a night. I get a few of us here have decided to no longer attend games, but wow, you missed out on something special tonight. Great unity from team to supporters, im struggling to remember a better game. 4 goals from the midfield and Luna still to come in. Anyone who spins anything negative on that performance really has no clue. 

The only sad thing was those fukwits didn't even have a proper active area to really get stuck into.

I've finally realised what's bringing this league down; victory are in it.

What a fucking smashing!!! Played out of our skin, Jesus victory are shit and Brebner has no fucking idea. The biggest thing this year for us will be keeping our list healthy. Fully healthy fuck, we're as good as any team in the league.

Could've been more but just all around what a game. Not one bad performance tonight. Even the atmosphere was pretty good considering there was no particular assigned active area.

Get in cuntsssssssss

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got home.

What a complete performance. Played them off the park for 90 minutes. 
To go to marvel and play champagne football for 90 minutes, rock solid at the back and knock our enemy out of town like that- just incredible.

It was an honour to be at the ground.

Great performances all round. Special mentions to:

Good. A frigging rock. Socceroos must be calling.

Berenguer. Pulled the strings all night. Set the tempo. Superb game.

Nabbout. Guy’s a beast. Defenders nightmare. Shredded his man all night. 

Trying to bottle these memories.

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We won, and we kept on the pressure and Didn't let up. Didn't concede after missing an early penalty.  Anyone with a crowd figure?
Positives
Smashed the visit0rs at home
Didn't back off or relax. No late collapse, clean sheet
Nabbout creates so much space for Maclaren, I worry what wed do without him

Negatives
Its hard to judge our real level of performance in a training game against 11 cardboard cutouts

Brebner is likely to go, unfortunately. Long may he reign. Maybe we could buy some visit0rs shares and demand that he be retained

Edited by belaguttman

1 minute ago, fensaddler said:

I suspect Brebner isn't the problem, and the issues run much deeper. They've been in decline for several years. They're a mess behind the scenes. 

They must have such poor depth and pressure for selection if that little troll Broxham can still get a game

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, haz said:

And we still have Luna to come back into the squad. Any one got a PPG table? Pretty sure we are about 3rd or 4th.

I can only hope that PK won’t force him back in the team and puts Metcalfe back in DM, clearly not suited there. Tough choices to make as Berenguer was really good as well.

30 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Victory are putrid. Just hope Brebs stays with the same squad. Keep the faith MV! Lol

Did Florin take the same performance enhancers as Ben Johnson did in '88? Surprisingly, he looked like he could beat anyone in a sprint tonight.

I noticed that too, had a slow start but was still chasing at 85minutes.

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

We won, and we kept on the pressure and Didn't let up. Didn't concede after missing an early penalty.  Anyone with a crowd figure?
Positives
Smashed the visit0rs at home
Didn't back off or relax. No late collapse, clean sheet
Nabbout creates so much space for Maclaren, I worry what wed do without him

Negatives
Its hard to judge our real level of performance in a training game against 11 cardboard cutouts

Brebner is likely to go, unfortunately. Long may he reign. Maybe we could buy some visit0rs shares and demand that he be retained

Another record for MV: 11,467

35 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Another record for MV: 11,467

God.  Terrible attendance, even with Covid.  It kinda makes me feel better about missing the game due to the 7pmish start when I work til 8pm on Sats.  That stadium is shit when there's 40,000 in, as there so often used to be for this fixture.   I did see some FB footage of their usual active end nearest to ours and it was weirdly empty. 

None the less a magnificent performance by the looks of the video highlights.  Victory really have turned to shit.  Ever since Muscat went.  He'll be back soon, he's failed in Europe.

There have been some cracking matches in the last few weeks, but it's also rather telling that after this smashing, I can write a comment 5hrs later and it can still get on Page 2.  It woulda been on page 12 5yrs ago.

• Like 2

Shout out to the players for really understand what a derby means. Can’t help but think if this game was against Newcastle we’d have started passing the ball around endlessly once we went 3-0 up, instead our players kept pressing the boot down on Victory’s throat.

Take your navy and go do one. 

• Like 1