Melbourne Football

Melbourne City v Newcastle Jets - Sat 14 March

MHFCROB24

Koren is the best marquee against the worst team in the league.

Once again he has been poor. Yet he can play that sort of pass.

For me it's all down to his attitude. Whenever I saw him for Hull he would be buzzing about the place. I just wonder if he thinks it was going to be easy in the A League

Reckon that hat trick was the worst thing for him Silva.

You could be right, but it shouldn't excuse him.

Twice tonight if he attacked the defender he could have slipped in Duga and Novillo. Yet he chose to pass to early. Maybe that was a sign of his lack of confidence, but I would be expecting better than that from him.

Well we got three point!!

It helped Newcastle were awful, but also the fact that the players coming in Retre, Germano and Clisby gave us some freshness and they had the ability to get around the pitch.

Would like to see Germano play in the next game as well.

Agree with all of that. Good selections and hopefully we've got enough fit guys for competition for places now.

Take the money and run. But let's not kid ourselves - that's probably the worst opposition we've had since our inception. Even Gold Coast in terminal decline weren't that bad.

Well done to Mooy - good game and another 3 points on Fox.

Koren needs to look at Mooy to remember how to draw a defender, Retre's positioning was laughable, and Jaliens still occasionally going walkabout were all worrying. And the report on Kennedy says his problem is the top of the hamstring which is where the tendon is. They normally don't heal quickly at all - the marquee curse continues.

Bank the points and concentrate on beating Sydney next week.

Strange game, City/Heart playing at home against a team of City/Heart away game impersonators. Jets were woeful, playing with that purposeless lack of intensity and clueless defending that we have made our own in away games. Perhaps we should sue them for an intellectual property violation?

Positives

We won despite playing poorly. The first half we lacked intensity and really should have been up 2 or 3-0 by HT

Jets were so poor that even Iain Ramsay scored

Novillo was positive and creative but needs to cut the theatrics

The glass man lasted 60 minutes and played well without breaking down

Negatives

Kennedy injury

Jets put us under no pressure whatsoever and this game was no test whatsoever and flatters to deceive. I thought that our movement off the ball was very poor, Kisnorbo's distribution is shocking, Mate had a very poor game and looked like a child running around on the pitch.

Koren had one good pass all game

Crowd was a fair reflection of the excitement and interest generated by our team. If it had started raining earlier it would have been even less.

Back to normal service next week when we'll play like Jets did today. Hard to get excited.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2