Melbourne Football

The road to the WC Finals - now 2022

Tesla

11 hours ago, belaguttman said:

I'm still not sure how we qualified for Russia but I can see why the Czechs didn't. They would have struggled against CCM

A-League > Czech League.

Another minor aspect that I got was that a boutique 8k people stadium in Austria cost $24M. The new bids who plan to have their own stadium could be around teh same ball park.

The game itself was interesting in that I thought that the team was cohesive, Nabbout > McClaren, and that Rogic was off key.

• Like 1

Rogic is generally always off key against anyone other than the likes of Thailand or playing against League One rejects in the SPL. Mooy should be the most advanced midfielder with Luongo and Jedinak sitting deeper, particularly against France where we'll rarely be in posession.

• Like 1

On 07/05/2018 at 8:56 PM, Shahanga said:

So an extended squad has been named. Thank god sanity prevailed and Both Cahill and Arzani are in the squad, though it’s a sad reflection on our football development that a 38 year old Cahill is still the best striker in the country.

I’d probably jettison:

vukovic

giannou

maclaren

petratos

Brillante, gersbach, susnjar, troisi & ruka.

Ps: thought I’d posted the team?

try again:

https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/socceroos-world-cup-squad-preliminary

My outs were close (if 5/8 is close)

in the end langerak for vukovic.

croatian kid for Maclaren 

Wright for petratos.

Old mate Bert has dealt with the defensive problems by moving Milligan back there. Seems to have dealt with the striker weakness by packing the squad and by moving Nabboutt forward.

Cahill goes, to come off the bench and head in the winner.

Ill probably get banned from the forum for this but fuck it. I’m glad Kruse is going, he’s actually one of our better players. Sue me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shahanga said:

My outs were close (if 5/8 is close)

in the end langerak for vukovic.

croatian kid for Maclaren 

Wright for petratos.

Old mate Bert has dealt with the defensive problems by moving Milligan back there. Seems to have dealt with the striker weakness by packing the squad and by moving Nabboutt forward.

Cahill goes, to come off the bench and head in the winner.

Ill probably get banned from the forum for this but fuck it. I’m glad Kruse is going, he’s actually one of our better players. Sue me.

Ban. 

Kruse is a long necked no hoper.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I reckon we have next to no chance of getting through the group. Peru will shit it in

Same. 

If we score more than 3 goals we could consider ourselves lucky.

3:0 loss to France

1:1 with Denmark 

4:0 loss to Peru.

Arzani will score against Denmark. 

On 02/06/2018 at 0:10 PM, mus-28 said:

Rogic is generally always off key against anyone other than the likes of Thailand or playing against League One rejects in the SPL. Mooy should be the most advanced midfielder with Luongo and Jedinak sitting deeper, particularly against France where we'll rarely be in posession.

Rogic is so incredibly overrated.

He's technically gifted, but he has absolutely no work ethic when we're not in possession and for every highlight pass he completes he loses possession about 20 times. He's a luxury player and I don't think the Socceroos can afford such a player in the starting 11 against good sides.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 23/07/2018 at 2:22 PM, haz said:

Change thread name to Asian Cup 2019 pls

Looks like we have some blockbuster games coming up.... Panama, Ecuador and Lebanon.

Arnold obviously not wanting to be embarrassed

What’s with the thread recycling? 

Surely we can afford a new one?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...