Melbourne Football

WSW vs. City, Tuesday 2nd March 2021, 7pm

kingofhearts

Just now, Tommykins said:

Not a bad second half, honestly. Scrappy but that'll do given the lead into the match. 

Oh we got the job done, but they look like they couldn’t score in a brothel. 
Hopefully we’ll get a bit better at playing games out at the season progresses.

• Like 1

Tidy, professional away win against a good side. First half passing was insanely good.

That was Rostyn Griffiths' best game for the club for mine and seeing Jamie Maclaren hit the top of the Golden Boot after his stuttered start to the season is so good. 

It's amazing how big a confidence team we are - suddenly we went from shitfighting at the bottom of the table to contending again. Good stuff.

• Like 1

Credit where it is due. That was a very solid away win. Brilliant in the first half and deserved to be two or three up, professional and strong in the second. And that after losing two first pick midfielders, and having a central defender go off in the second. The difference appears to have been Nabbout, not least because he makes space for Macca. 

• Like 2

Just now, fensaddler said:

Credit where it is due. That was a very solid away win. Brilliant in the first half and deserved to be two or three up, professional and strong in the second. And that after losing two first pick midfielders, and having a central defender go off in the second. The difference appears to have been Nabbout, not least because he makes space for Macca. 

Not just him, having Griffiths in defensive midfield in front of two experienced and solid central defenders is a big help. All of a sudden we’ve got a tough spine. 

• Like 3

Really good win away from home. Played them off the park for 70minutes.

we coped really well with the absence of our talisman Luna and hats off to Tsubaki for coping at being thrust into midfield at a moment’s notice.

The last 20 minutes we let them right back into it but fortunately we scrambled in defence and got the clean sheet.

Big Rosto is also my MoM.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

... Dea communicates very well ... why not make PK his assistant? 

I don't know how ambitious Buckingham is, but last night won't have harmed his CV and if we're not careful he'll leave to become Head Coach somewhere else.

Edited by jw1739

19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I don't know how ambitious Buckingham is, but last night won't have harmed his CV and if we're not careful he'll leave to become Head Coach somewhere else.

Graham Arnold was watching in the stands... 

Pretty damn impressive imo. Given all of the disruption and changes. It tells me that the club do have a game plan that at least everyone is onboard with and knows there role. As always the question is about whether it’s going to be the same week after week which has always been our issue

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

PK 'promoted' to set pieces coach City Group Asian Contingent and head motivator of the 'boys' in the gym.  Des to Manager

I think I should introduce a more sober view point. Great to win and we deserved it, but:

* Duke missed a sitter that he’d bury 19 times out of 20

* Glover pulled off a top drawer save

* Defender (not sure who) blocked a shot by Muller that normally would be a goal.

* they also had lesser chances.

Paddy (who prepared the team and deserves the credit) still has plenty to work on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

I think I should introduce a more sober view point. Great to win and we deserved it, but:

* Defender (not sure who) blocked a shot by Muller that normally would be a goal.

Paddy (who prepared the team and deserves the credit) still has plenty to work on.

All true. But on our side, Nabbout hit the post, Macca had one ruled out for offside and missed a couple more that we might have expected him to bury, and there were other chances. Their keeper also saved well at least once. Could also have ended 5-2 but on balance we were by far the better side. And I'm officially one of this season's pessimists... 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

All true. But on our side, Nabbout hit the post, Macca had one ruled out for offside and missed a couple more that we might have expected him to bury, and there were other chances. Their keeper also saved well at least once. Could also have ended 5-2 but on balance we were by far the better side. And I'm officially one of this season's pessimists... 

I thought he was a bit selfish there - he had Noone in the middle but ignored him...?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shahanga said:

That's a slippery slope to go down when analysing a game. It sets you up to be disappointed in nearly every game we win. I think this a completely the wrong way to look at it. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, n i k o said:

That's a slippery slope to go down when analysing a game. It sets you up to be disappointed in nearly every game we win. I think this a completely the wrong way to look at it. 

Because unless it's one of those matches where (for example) a team has two shots and converts both, these things are part of every match.

• Like 1

Ever since Nabbout has come back, we have just looked so much more potent up forward. I think noone has benefitted the most from this as beforehand, I think he was having to handle the attacking workload. It's also cool to see how both wingers interchange with each other, adding another attacking string to our bow.

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, n i k o said:

You should try sitting next him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3