Melbourne Football

Harry Novillo (gone)

n i k o

3 hours ago, haz said:

images.jpg

Can we please stop using this type of wording? It’s the same small group of people using it and even giving likes to these kind of posts. I already asked the other day what it means. I might be wrong here but it seems to be used when an opinion or argument is not in line with the opinion or expectations of these individuals. I expect a little more.

Some get all worked up about domestic violence but seem to have no hesitation using the cancer word. I say as this as being person whose partner has just been cleared from cancer.

Call me a sook or sensitive if you want.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

You know awful things can be funny in the right context? 

Sook.

I’m obviously missing the joke then since the forum moderators all seem to be behind this. I bloody hope that it’s meant to be in a funny way! Maybe I’ve lost my sense of humour after years of treatment and countless hospital visits. 

4 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Can we please stop using this type of wording? It’s the same small group of people using it and even giving likes to these kind of posts. I already asked the other day what it means. I might be wrong here but it seems to be used when an opinion or argument is not in line with the opinion or expectations of these individuals. I expect a little more.

Some get all worked up about domestic violence but seem to have no hesitation using the cancer word. I say as this as being person whose partner has just been cleared from cancer.

Call me a sook or sensitive if you want.

Sorry mate. Deleted

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I’m obviously missing the joke then since the forum moderators all seem to be behind this. I bloody hope that it’s meant to be in a funny way! Maybe I’ve lost my sense of humour after years of treatment and countless hospital visits. 

Understand your sensitivity. As a moderator I don't condone the "cartoon" but I confess I didn't translate it first time around (and likewise I don't bother with Simpsons' cartoons because I never "got" The Simpsons at all).

Moderators have a difficult line to draw.

11 hours ago, n i k o said:

I've had someone with cancer in the family. Call me crazy but I just choose to not take it personally if someone on the internet makes a joke about it in a way that is not directed at cancer patients specifically or connected with me either. Maybe I'm not trendy enough. 

Nail on the head. 

btw I'm in the same situation with my family and I didn't even register a thought in terms of offence. I'm Catholic, we don't get offended. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Jokes aside, he played like a shit cunt last 4-5 games too, got really predictable real quick. Same thing with Brandan towards the end of his season here. We were pretty much ok with Novillo leaving.

I can just imagine if we had Joyce in that Adelaide game, he would have walked up and grabbed Harry by the ear and took him down the tunnel

• 1 year later...
Just now, MHFC-FAN said:

Was he actually found guilty of assault or was it alleged? Difference between words and force too... 

Didn't his missus decide to no go ahead with anything?

Used to know someone at the club at the time and said the rumors of him were true plus he caused friction within the team.

• Like 1

The very fact that we're even talking about Harry N. shows that he's the kind of player that City fans want to see once again. We can barely remember the names of many of the others who've come and gone.

IMO our owners are so afraid of adverse publicity that we're never really going to do any good. The brand is bland.

22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The very fact that we're even talking about Harry N. shows that he's the kind of player that City fans want to see once again. We can barely remember the names of many of the others who've come and gone.

IMO our owners are so afraid of adverse publicity that we're never really going to do any good. The brand is bland.

City asked the question to Arzani, who id much rather see back in a City shirt then H