Melbourne Football

Harry Novillo (gone)

n i k o

If this guy can't get his body right he will be classified as another 'donkey' signing. 

Agree. Just like Germano - good player to have on the field but that seldom happens. Mind you, it is still early days so he his body may hold up over the course of two seasons but right now the bright prospects have dimmed a little.

Agree. Just like Germano - good player to have on the field but that seldom happens. Mind you, it is still early days so he his body may hold up over the course of two seasons but right now the bright prospects have dimmed a little.

TBH I would not be surprised at all if the reason behind Germano's body was Heart not having the right access to facilities or the right recovery plans in place and it fucked his body right up

• Like 1

Even in the Wellington game I noted that there were a couple of periods of 5 minutes or so when they looked pretty good, passing the ball around quickly to good effect. In contrast we do tend to play what I call a "tight" game - moving the ball slowly, not making the obvious pass first time but players dwelling on the ball just that fraction too long, and having to ride body contact before finally passing the ball. I can't help but think that our style of play might be contributing to our high rate of injuries. It's also the reluctance to move the ball quickly that means our attacks get closed down and we have to go backwards and sideways. We were doing this again in the second half on Wednesday night.

If it was just "luck", in our 6th pre-season things would be evening out by now, but they're not.

Of course there are factors to minimise the risk of reoccurrence and we haven't appeared to do well at that over the journey.

But generally speaking, injuries in the first occurrence are luck related, particularly when it comes to things such as breaks or contact injuries.

This is going to be a good test for the new Head of Sports Science at City, Ed Leng. Most of our previous injuries have ended up being for far longer than the first diagnosis; let's see how long this one takes.

Harry N.'s absence is a blow we didn't need, but it's a good chance for some of our other players to show what they can do.

• Like 1

This is going to be a good test for the new Head of Sports Science at City, Ed Leng. Most of our previous injuries have ended up being for far longer than the first diagnosis; let's see how long this one takes.

Harry N.'s absence is a blow we didn't need, but it's a good chance for some of our other players to show what they can do.

Also have Gameiro comming back too

Will he Idiot? What a fucking stupid thing to say. 

6 weeks out shit for brains. There you fucking go. 6 with the injury. Another 3 or 4 to hit his stride. Misses first month of the season. Donkey.....!!!

Will he Idiot? What a fucking stupid thing to say. 

And next time relax with the person insults. Okay? Dickhead.

Edited by charlibub

6 weeks out shit for brains. There you fucking go. 6 with the injury. Another 3 or 4 to hit his stride. Misses first month of the season. Donkey.....!!!

And next time relax with the person insults. Okay dickhead?

hindsight is a nice thing to have

I just can't believe we haven't invested in a fortune teller yet to predict who's going to get injured pre-signing/pre-game

If this guy can't get his body right he will be classified as another 'donkey' signing. 

6 weeks injured. Doesn't help his cause. Must get his body right. Don't assume or insult. Our track record with injuries speaks for itself. Koren, Kennedy, Germano, Engelaar, Kewell all in last 18 months have missed substantial game time. 

6 weeks injured. Doesn't help his cause. Must get his body right. Don't assume or insult. Our track record with injuries speaks for itself. Koren, Kennedy, Germano, Engelaar, Kewell all in last 18 months have missed substantial game time. 

I like that you quoted yourself. I always appreciate shameless self promotion 

• Like 5

Seriously what world do some people live in?

It's pretty normal to have 4-5 players out injured at the start of the season, and even more during the mid and later parts of the season.

He got injured, it happens.

Yes, some players are more injury prone than others, but TBH it's too early to tell for Novillo and either way I'm not too concerned unless it's Germano-level of injury proneness.

• Like 5

Seriously what world do some people live in?

It's pretty normal to have 4-5 players out injured at the start of the season, and even more during the mid and later parts of the season.

He got injured, it happens.

Yes, some players are more injury prone than others, but TBH it's too early to tell for Novillo and either way I'm not too concerned unless it's Germano-level of injury proneness.

Tesla - world of reality buddy.

I am a massive fan of Novillo. However this is his 3rd or 4th injury since he arrived. 

Once again I reiterate unless he gets himself right (whatever his problem is) then he will be classified as a 'donkey' signing. Now you can talk about what's normal for players to be injured, who is responsible for his injury, length of injury, cause of injury but the facts are he is missing more games than he is playing thus far. 

Time will tell but so far it's not looking good....Quality of the player is great, time spent on pitch and not in physio room is not so great. Care to disagree with me and I don't give a fuck. Facts are facts. 

I like that you quoted yourself. I always appreciate shameless self promotion 

That's cause some cunts don't read the thread and just bob up like they fucking know it all.

Tesla - world of reality buddy.

I am a massive fan of Novillo. However this is his 3rd or 4th injury since he arrived. 

Once again I reiterate unless he gets himself right (whatever his problem is) then he will be classified as a 'donkey' signing. Now you can talk about what's normal for players to be injured, who is responsible for his injury, length of injury, cause of injury but the facts are he is missing more games than he is playing thus far. 

Time will tell but so far it's not looking good....Quality of the player is great, time spent on pitch and not in physio room is not so great. Care to disagree with me and I don't give a fuck. Facts are facts. 

That's cause some cunts don't read the thread and just bob up like they fucking know it all.

When before this and the semi final has he been injured? He played most of the game against man city (no injury) and 90 mins against Edgeworth. He didnt miss a game last season. Signed and played in round 20 and every game since then.

Facts are facts .

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/city-sign-french-winger-harry-novillo/1adt0hthigufk1t1qmmwyz5o90 Signed in round 20.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–15_Melbourne_City_FC_season made 10 appearances last season and was injured in the semi. 

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 6

CFG have specifically hired Ed Leng as Head of Sports Science straight out of the EPL and sent him out here to improve City's performance with respect to injuries.

Yes, the club has had a history of having persistent, niggling injuries (e.g. Alex Terra) and injuries that seem to go on much longer than the original diagnosis - for example Jonatan Germano, Jacob Melling, Robbie Wielaert, Ben Garuccio; I'm sure others could name more than I can call to mind immediately.

But IMO we should give Leng time to see what he can do to improve matters.

It's possible that his previous clubs got fed up with Harry N. looking as though he's about to die twice every game, and it's an aspect of his on-field performance that won't go down well in the A-League either. Apart from the performance that would have impressed the Shakespeare Theatre Company, he looked genuinely pissed-off that he was injured when he left the field in the Wellington match, and I'm not going to write him off yet.

• Like 4

CFG have specifically hired Ed Leng as Head of Sports Science straight out of the EPL and sent him out here to improve City's performance with respect to injuries.

Yes, the club has had a history of having persistent, niggling injuries (e.g. Alex Terra) and injuries that seem to go on much longer than the original diagnosis - for example Jonatan Germano, Jacob Melling, Robbie Wielaert, Ben Garuccio; I'm sure others could name more than I can call to mind immediately.

But IMO we should give Leng time to see what he can do to improve matters.

It's possible that his previous clubs got fed up with Harry N. looking as though he's about to die twice every game, and it's an aspect of his on-field performance that won't go down well in the A-League either. Apart from the performance that would have impressed the Shakespeare Theatre Company, he looked genuinely pissed-off that he was injured when he left the field in the Wellington match, and I'm not going to write him off yet.

Mostly agree with this, specially about giving Leng time to work with the team. Where I add caution is that I am aware that some people's genetic make up do make them more susceptible to certain types of injuries. And there is very little any medical team can do about that.

When before this and the semi final has he been injured? He played most of the game against man city (no injury) and 90 mins against Edgeworth. He didnt miss a game last season. Signed and played in round 20 and every game since then.

Facts are facts .

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/city-sign-french-winger-harry-novillo/1adt0hthigufk1t1qmmwyz5o90 Signed in round 20.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–15_Melbourne_City_FC_season made 10 appearances last season and was injured in the semi. 

Round 21 vs Newcastle went off injured, Semi Final vs Tards Injured, Last week injured. That's 3 that come to mind..

And next time relax with the person insults. Okay? Dickhead.

If he doesn't get himself right, if he's always injured and barely plays, OF COURSE he'll be a donkey signing. 

But that's not the case yet is it? He's picked up an injury - something almost 100% of players do in their playing career. 

Your original post sits somewhere between 'no shit Sherlock' and 'give him a bloody chance'. Therefore I feel as though the insult was warranted.