Melbourne Football

City v Sydney FC @ AAMI, Tuesday 23rd February, 7.05 pm

Tommykins

Melbourne City FC squad

1.Tom GLOVER (gk), 2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3. Scott JAMIESON (c), 4. Nuno REIS, 7. Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 11.Craig NOONE, 13. Nathaniel ATKINSON, 14.Naoki TSUBAKI, 15. Andrew NABBOUT, 16.Taras GOMULKA, 17.Stefan COLAKOVSKI, 18.Connor METCALFE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 20. Adrian LUNA, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Marco TILIO, 33.Matthew SUTTON (gk), 36. Kerrin STOKES.

**2-4 to be omitted**

In: 7. Rostyn GRIFFITHS (returns from injury), 15. Andrew NABBOUT (returns from injury), 36. Kerrin STOKES (returns from suspension).

Out: 43. Alec MILLS (not selected).

Unavailable: 8. Aiden O’NEILL (back).

Very much interested to see if Nabbout makes a difference to the team - hopefully the extended break will see the team come out looking better than they have so far the start of the season.

10 minutes ago, bt50 said:

A chance to outdraw Victory in the same week if we turn up.

Not optimistic we will though ha

Both clubs are going to have to work very hard to get their fans back. 3 lockdowns in the State have done a world of damage.

1 hour ago, CityBoyz said:

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/press-conference-patrick-kisnorbo-220221

Press conference from today.. Scary thing is that he thinks we played well vs Jets.. 

Self-delusion is one of CFG's key characteristics.

• Like 2

Not hopeful, even though we're likely to have a better shape with our returning senior players. Worry we'll still lack any fluidity or creativity, and will look as dull and flat as we have for most of the season. It says something when I enjoy watching other teams more than my own because they play far better football. 

13 hours ago, CityBoyz said:

Yep that’s our best XI. 8 of XI played in last years GF. 

And of the 3 that are missing from GF squad, Nabbout is a much better option than Wales. Delbridge and Brillante are superior to Jamo and Griffiths, but even still 9 players who should be equal or better of the team that should have beaten Sydney only 6 months ago 

41 minutes ago, neio said:

Reis benched is well, puzzling to say the least 

If it's another soft injury, the club might as well sack the entire department and hire an overweight high school PE teacher... Will be no different and we might have some money to spend on an actual marquee

20 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I agree that everybody needs to earn his spot but I can’t help to think that if visa players aren’t good enough to start we are doing something wrong.

Might just be fitness. Who knows.

Tell you what though, had to check my ticket, wasn’t sure I was at a City game. Best we’ve played all year and well deserve the 2-0 lead.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nate said:

Nabbout has changed our dynamic completely, freeing up Maclaren and Noone. 

Berenguer absolutely bossing the midfield too.

Luna is drifting over towards Nabbout and together they are causing chaos on the right. Metcalfe doing something similar on the left.

Griffith breaking everything down. XI good players.