Food

Tesla

macri's home made gnash:

1 tbsp nutella

2 tbsp cocoa

1 tsp butter

2 tbsp milk

2 tbsp self raising flour

mix in a mug until consistent and put in microwave for 30 seconds if too watery add flour if too thick add milk if too untasty add more cocoa

pls try

Edited by macri

This thread is surprisingly hilarious

I cannot stress to sushi lovers how much you have to try Rolls in Balaclava.

Also: chuck double coat Tim Tams in the freezer for 24hrs and then consume...

Kenzan @ GPO do the best sushi in Australia tbfh, the closest you'll ever get to Tsukiji. Pretty sure the chef is old time yak as well, wears kimono etc Also great Soba and Udon, a good outlet for such is hard to find here.

Other notables

Vlado's is fucking brilliant for meat, 87 a head, but you get what you pay for. Really good staff.

Japanese Stone Grill in Chinatown also has my tick of approval, wagyu tataki, the chefs sashimi selection, gyoza up there with tokyo standards. Good staff.

Sent from my iPhone

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Obviously wont make a thread dedicated to entirely Aioli. But it would be good.

What type of aioli do you enjoy. I enjoy garlic aioli. Wouldn't mind trying some capsicum or spicy aioli.

What is best served with aioli? Chips go well.

Really craving this right now.

53.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Flaki is a traditional Polish meat stew in the form of a dense soup. Name – flaki or its diminutive flaczki (both are plural) – comes from its main ingredient: cleaned strips of beef tripe. To be more brutal: fragments of the stomach! No matter how oddly it sounds – believe me that flaki is really tasty. However, even many Poles don't treat shreds of stomach with sufficient confidence and confine themselves to eating a mere stock. And this one is absolutely delicious – as for it almost nobody has doubts. If you don't find yourself swallowing fleshy slices, eat stock of flaki with relish and nobody would take it amiss. Nevertheless there is many many people who really love flaki and eat them whole. The soup is traditionally served during polish weddings – as one of 'hot meals'. Flaki is eaten with fresh bread, usually with roll. This is how it looks like:

polish_flaki.jpg

The best fucking soup I have ever had, 10/10 dish

Can never go wrong with pierogi

Pierogi or vareniki may be stuffed (singularly or in various combinations) with mashed potatoes, fried onions, cheese, cabbage, sauerkraut, meat, mushrooms, spinach, or other ingredients depending on the cook's personal preferences. Dessert versions of the dumpling can be stuffed with a fresh fruit filling, such as cherry, strawberry, saskatoon berry, raspberry, blueberry, peach, plum, or apple; stoned prunes are sometimes used as well as jam or sweetened curd. For more flavor, sour cream can be added to the dough mixture, and this also tends to lighten the dough.

Mashed potatoes mixed with farmer's cheese and fried onions is a popular filling in Poland. A popular filling for pierogi in Canada is mashed potatoes mixed with grated Cheddar cheese. Jewish Kreplach are filled with ground meat, mashed potato or another filling, usually boiled and served in chicken soup. They are similar to Italian tortellini and Chinese wontons.

800px-Pierogi_frying.jpg

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 3

Also are PPL fans of Mad Mex?

I like their Subway Method of creating the food - It gives u more control.

This post 10/10.

Was fairly drunk on chapel st a few weeks ago and had mad mex for dinner. Enjoyed so thoroughly that I returned in the morning for breakfast. They have also started franchising (Y)

Need more mad mex in my life

Has anyone else ever cried because their food tasted so good?

Kind of this.

Bloke up at Strawberry was selling Burritos that were over a foot long and out of this world. Had a bite of one then made the voyage to buy my own and they had vanished (serious Mr T @ Mall situation) thought I could substitute with Noodles, shelled out $15 for them and noticed they had huge Walnuts on top rendering them inedible.

Sat on the log and shed a few tears due to the situation/mass comedown.

Got a message from a friend that she had located the vendor at South Melbourne Market, upon hearing this I shed another tear.

Most sad/beautiful/unfulfilling/fulfilling moment of my life.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...