Melbourne Football

AFL 2015 Season

hedaik

Happy to admit I was completely wrong, but feel for Ross having that failure tag added to him. Not his fault that players made those skill errors, he just doesn't have the talent.

He was all class in the post match interview, could have used the umpires as an out as I'm sure most other coaches would have.

Pavlich was awful last night ffs.

For Hawks fans, I consider last night to be one of your best performances of this era, top 3 actually. But I will always feel this 3peat is nothing on what Brisbane did considering it's likely to be 3 interstate teams that they've beaten in Grannies, takes a bit away from it IMO. If I was a hawks fan, 08>3peat.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1073555756010920&id=115495005150338&_rdr

Also, looking forward to this getting swept under the carpet. I mean, compared with what a certain MH supporter did on TV to a RBB member, which was shown on however many news networks. Standard has been set, this is 10x worse so really should be on every news show tonight.

• Like 3

They pretty much played with 21. I know in finals and speaking from experience you do take risks with players who arent 100% but when you have someone who cant physically run properly. Poor coaching in my eyes. 

Freo need another forward, Tavener struggled last night and every other time ive watched them played has beeb a passenger. Its all well and good to have pav pushing up and leading to half back as an outlet but he turns and has to choose between walters and that other little weasel ballentyne. Not a premiership winning formula

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1073555756010920&id=115495005150338&_rdr

Also, looking forward to this getting swept under the carpet. I mean, compared with what a certain MH supporter did on TV to a RBB member, which was shown on however many news networks. Standard has been set, this is 10x worse so really should be on every news show tonight.

Just like the conspiracy theorists completely sweeping things that prove them wrong under the carpet? The incident is *everywhere*

Any incident that happens that has been caught on video is going to receive more attention in the media than one that hasn't for obvious reasons. If the MV fan dressed as a MH fan who hit the WSW fan wasnt caught on TV then nobody would have known about it. 

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 1

Just like the conspiracy theorists completely sweeping things that prove them wrong under the carpet? The incident is *everywhere*

Any incident that happens that has been caught on video is going to receive more attention in the media than one that hasn't for obvious reasons. If the MV fan dressed as a MH fan who hit the WSW fan wasnt caught on TV then nobody would have known about it. 

Yeah - I think we can safely rule out the Anti Soccer stuff with this one... this is going to be in news for a lot longer than the WSW thing.

Edited by cadete

Dont think it can get much worse for me than Eagles & Victory being champions in the 1 year, this supporting the underdog tactic isnt quite working out for me. 

My two most hated teams just played of in VFL GF... with the one hate more winning and the same thing is happening next Saturday.

At least Rangers and MV will never play off for a Trophy.

I'd be pretty surprised if anyone but Fyfe took it out. 

Hedaik will give a green line to whoever picks a roughie that ends up winning it though. Dangerfield is my tip.

Don't think Goldstein will be anywhere near it tbh. Umpires aren't particularly good at recognising a quality ruck performance.

Also I agree with this. Probably be around 6th-15thish 

• Like 1

Pretty happy I can now say that my brother used to put on a Brownlow Medalist bets on for him at Ascot... the two of them were mates at school due to their shared love of the Gallops and used to head to the course together to use my family's members passes.

I remember my Brother just referring to him as his Boarder mate who was Toby Bairstow's Nephew throughout his later years of school who might make it to the AFL. In fact he was not even that confident before the draft that he could make it once he was drafted because at Colts level he was basically only used as a Mid Sized forward (Not a position that ranks high in recruiters minds) and not really as a Midfielder.

Once again the Aquinas College Factory rolls out another sporting champion. :up:

Edited by cadete

Glad Fyfe won. You want the best players in the game to get the highest honour, history should reflect the reality ideally.

Adam Cooney :blink:

Well it's Freo's fault Cooney won that year... because Solomon was the one that did Gazza's shoulder so he missed three games.

My brother have never forgiven them for that and goes on about it every time his drank about five cans.

Well it's Freo's fault Cooney won that year... because Solomon was the one that did Gazza's shoulder so he missed three games.

My brother have never forgiven them for that and goes on about it every time his drank about five cans.

Regardless, Gazza should have polled another ten votes he was robbed out of in that season.

Regardless, Gazza should have polled another ten votes he was robbed out of in that season.

The award means less and less to me these days and last years winner was a bit of tipping point for me... sure Priddis is a good player but the votes should be awarded to those who most influenced the game not who touched the ball the most.

Also only Midfielders winning now is annoying but the best players in my actual lifetime IMO were: Matthews (Who of course I was to young to remember), Ablett Snr, Carey and Ablett Jnr and only the last one has won the thing. 

NOTE: I stress the above players are my personal opinion before someone wants to argue others were better.

The award means less and less to me these days and last years winner was a bit of tipping point for me... sure Priddis is a good player but the votes should be awarded to those who most influenced the game not who touched the ball the most.

Also only Midfielders winning now is annoying but the best players in my actual lifetime IMO were: Matthews (Who of course I was to young to remember), Ablett Snr, Carey and Ablett Jnr and only the last one has won the thing. 

NOTE: I stress the above players are my personal opinion before someone wants to argue others were better.

Absolutely agree that those four players are the best ever.

Carey ahead of Matthews, Jnr and Snr for mine, but obviously some degree of bias.

Similar to when Mike Sheahan did it, I base it on who was able to turn the most matches. Whilst Ablett Snr clearly could do things other men couldn't, he often was unsighted in games. The other three were super consistent and get the nod for me. Matthews I cant say I ever saw live so perhaps makes it more of an anecdotal and highlights driven call between him and Carey.

the Brownlow being a midfielder's award kind of reflects the way the game has changed personally, forwards don't poll well anymore because forwards rarely dominate games like they did in the 80's and 90's. Nowadays it's all about winning the contested ball in stoppage situations so obviously midfielders are going to have the biggest impact. 

the Brownlow being a midfielder's award kind of reflects the way the game has changed personally, forwards don't poll well anymore because forwards rarely dominate games like they did in the 80's and 90's. Nowadays it's all about winning the contested ball in stoppage situations so obviously midfielders are going to have the biggest impact. 

You have a point there,

But Forwards were not receiving votes when they were dominating games in the mid 90's onwards I think one game Ablett Senior got one vote for twelve goals once. 

Also like with properly accessing the value of Priddis's touches the umpires need to adjust to the modern game so for example if a key forward these days like Walker or Franklin does kick five or six goals in a game then he usually has been close to one of the best on ground and crucial to his side's success on the day and should be awarded votes accordingly.

You have a point there,

But Forwards were not receiving votes when they were dominating games in the mid 90's onwards I think one game Ablett Senior got one vote for twelve goals once. 

Also like with properly accessing the value of Priddis's touches the umpires need to adjust to the modern game so for example if a key forward these days like Walker or Franklin does kick five or six goals in a game then he usually has been close to one of the best on ground and crucial to his side's success on the day and should be awarded votes accordingly.

agreed

Pretty happy I can now say that my brother used to put on a Brownlow Medalist bets on for him at Ascot... the two of them were mates at school due to their shared love of the Gallops and used to head to the course together to use my family's members passes.

I remember my Brother just referring to him as his Boarder mate who was Toby Bairstow's Nephew throughout his later years of school who might make it to the AFL. In fact he was not even that confident before the draft that he could make it once he was drafted because at Colts level he was basically only used as a Mid Sized forward (Not a position that ranks high in recruiters minds) and not really as a Midfielder.

Once again the Aquinas College Factory rolls out another sporting champion. :up:

ok. So far I have the production factory as this guy and you.

Between them and Assumption they've produced half the AFL

*Cough* St Pats

I think AC still has St Pat's covered seeing as Justin Langer, Terry Alderman and Brad Hogg also went there alongside the many footballers and perhaps Australia's greatest ever runner in 1500m Gold Medalist Herb Elliott. 

I think AC still has St Pat's covered seeing as Justin Langer, Terry Alderman and Brad Hogg also went there alongside the many footballers and perhaps Australia's greatest ever runner in 1500m Gold Medalist Herb Elliott. 

Haha true, we only buy footballers.

Think Monaghetti might have been St Pats tho and Steve Bracks certainly was.

Haha true, we only buy footballers.

Think Monaghetti might have been St Pats tho and Steve Bracks certainly was.

I knew you would bring up Moneghetti and although he is a great bloke he was no Herb Elliott... also until a couple of weeks ago my brother's school in Sydney had both the PM and Deputy PM as past alumni. 

• hedaik locked this topic