Melbourne Football

AFL 2015 Season

hedaik

I went up this season for our first game against sydney in sydney and certain sections of the crowd were booing Jobe watson whenever he got the ball. Where was Goodes public condemnation of his own supporters then?

Watching the football in Sydney is retarded... the AFL is kidding themselves if they think they have many proper conversations up there as the shit u hear PPL around you in the crowd say it's beyond ridiculous.

The worst is the SCC Members - It's like a Young Members Event at Flemington, blokes just spend their time standing with their back to the game drinking pots trying to pick up Personal Assistants who are dressed like they are at a Nightclub.

I see this isnt just reserved for the Rugby games up there. Really not a fan of sport up in Sydney for this exact reason. Even had a similar experience watching the Socceroos up there a few years ago when we played against Paraguay.

As for the booing, you would think Goodes would have thicker skin by now.

I went up this season for our first game against sydney in sydney and certain sections of the crowd were booing Jobe watson whenever he got the ball. Where was Goodes public condemnation of his own supporters then?

Watching the football in Sydney is retarded... the AFL is kidding themselves if they think they have many proper conversations up there as the shit u hear PPL around you in the crowd say it's beyond ridiculous.

The worst is the SCC Members - It's like a Young Members Event at Flemington, blokes just spend their time standing with their back to the game drinking pots trying to pick up Personal Assistants who are dressed like they are at a Nightclub.

. Racist.

The worst is the SCC Members - It's like a Young Members Event at Flemington, blokes just spend their time standing with their back to the game drinking pots trying to pick up Personal Assistants who are dressed like they are at a Nightclub. As for the booing, you would think Goodes would have thicker skin by now.

. Racist.

Is true :(

I dont recall boo'ing Hird (and if we did we ended up having good foresight) but Buckley was/is a dickhead and Carey as well at the time was a fairly arrogant player. I know Perth people have a weird anti-vicco thing going on but I don't think any of the boo'ing had anything to do with being part of a vicco team, just that the players were gronks (plenty of others got boo'd as well but I dont have a cadete memory)

Yeah - I def recall Hird being booed because my Mum used to like him at the time and was annoyed at PPL for doing it.

The most retarded thing you hear in Perth Crowds and much more from Eagles supporters than Freo supporters is when a decision goes against them that it's because the AFL is run by Victorians.. it's like they are stuck in 1985 and our still bitter Player X from their WAFL side has moved to Carlton for money.

No other team based in a Footy State has come close to receiving better Draft Concessions than the Eagles did all they way up to 1994 (They still recieved them after winning a flag!) but for some reason none of these PPL have ever actually flipped through an AFL footy guide. To be fair, aren't we all the exact same ib regards to the FFA being Sydney biased?

I dont recall boo'ing Hird (and if we did we ended up having good foresight) but Buckley was/is a dickhead and Carey as well at the time was a fairly arrogant player. I know Perth people have a weird anti-vicco thing going on but I don't think any of the boo'ing had anything to do with being part of a vicco team, just that the players were gronks (plenty of others got boo'd as well but I dont have a cadete memory)

Yeah - I def recall Hird being booed because my Mum used to like him at the time and was annoyed at PPL for doing it.

The most retarded thing you hear in Perth Crowds and much more from Eagles supporters than Freo supporters is when a decision goes against them that it's because the AFL is run by Victorians.. it's like they are stuck in 1985 and our still bitter Player X from their WAFL side has moved to Carlton for money.

No other team based in a Footy State has come close to receiving better Draft Concessions than the Eagles did all they way up to 1994 (They still recieved them after winning a flag!) but for some reason none of these PPL have ever actually flipped through an AFL footy guide. To be fair, aren't we all the exact same ib regards to the FFA being Sydney biased?

Eagles fans may have had a point when they first came into the competition as it was still called the VFL and primarily a Victorian competition, however I think decisions and concessions given to interstate clubs since then have well and truly proven that the AFL is not a Victorian biased comp. 

Seems to be a pretty common thing for all fans of any team or league to think theres some kind of conspiracy against them (soccer purists in being the worst)

One thing thats kinda surprised me a bit since moving here is how little the Eastern states cares about Perth. I always grew up thinking WA vs VIC was a huge thing as far as SOO goes, but Viccos only seem to care about SA. Bit like the NZ rivalry where Aussies couldnt really give a shit. 

Edited by hedaik

Eagles fans may have had a point when they first came into the competition as it was still called the VFL and primarily a Victorian competition, however I think decisions and concessions given to interstate clubs since then have well and truly proven that the AFL is not a Victorian biased comp. 

Seems to be a pretty common thing for all fans of any team or league to think theres some kind of conspiracy against them (soccer purists in being the worst)

One thing thats kinda surprised me a bit since moving here is how little the Eastern states cares about Perth. I always grew up thinking WA vs VIC was a huge thing as far as SOO goes, but Viccos only seem to care about SA. Bit like the NZ rivalry where Aussies couldnt really give a shit. 

Yes - Its amazing from Perf to discover that the word "Eastern Staters" only exists in Perf.

And I really dont think the Eagles fans have a point about the VFL... that makes really no sense.

The league had been in existence for almost 100 years as the VFL so I am pretty sure the WA Football Commission, the WCE and the largely Victorian Directors of Indian Pacific (Who cashed in big time with the Eagles) were well  aware that they were joining a league called the Victorian Football League when they made their application to trump the East Perth bid.

Nobody forced them to join the VFL - They were the one's who applied to do so.

Edited by cadete

This really is true. I'm born and raised in Vic (Melbourne) and I don't even really have an opinion on WA or Perth for that matter. I have a real passion for the big V but it's odd because to me I don't care so much about who we play/ed/would play, it's more about me loving victoria. I know that's bizarre but it is the case for many like me as well. 

Sorry to say but in both sporting and social rivalries WA and SA don't really matter. I know that's harsh but the fact I have no real dislike of WA or SA probably shows that I inherently don't think they are worth the rivalry (once again, sorry!) but that's probably the long and short of it. 

The only rivalry that I buy into and I genuinely do let get under my skin is not state based. I don't even really care about VIC vs NSW but I certainly do care about the Melb vs Syd divide. I can get quite parochial when it comes to Sydney. I actually really like the place when Im there but geez the wider voices that represent the place ie Sports Journos, broadcasters, politicians and particularly the NRL can all get fucked :up:

I dont like Perf much because I had to live there and I dont do small cities very well... it sucks living where everyone knows everyone else and there is little variation in the things that you can get up too when bored.

For this reason I have grown to hate Adelaide as well from getting a very similar even worse vibe from the place when having travelled there for Heart games.

If I had never lived in Perf - My views on place would be the general Victorian response when you tell PPL you lived their "Oh, I hear Margaret River is meant to be nice". 

Edited by cadete

Just putting this out there- Carlton think they are better off with a relationship with Geoff Edelsten than Mick Malthouse.  They say they are turning their club around- yet they are happy to have a guy like Edelsten do high profile things like appear in the coaches box.  Honestly.

I see this isnt just reserved for the Rugby games up there. Really not a fan of sport up in Sydney for this exact reason. Even had a similar experience watching the Socceroos up there a few years ago when we played against Paraguay.

Couldn't agree more Cad. The blokes behind me didn't even know watsons name roff, all they knew was to 'boo number 4' when he got the ball.

Don't see the issue with his celebration? Was pretty tough.

I dont hate Goodes as much as some do, but it was a pretty aggressive gesture towards the away fans. No different to a player going up to the away supporters and pretending to fire a shotgun at them. 

Can imagine this forum going into meltdown if Wifebeater or Berisha did something similar to us at a derby. 

I dont hate Goodes as much as some do, but it was a pretty aggressive gesture towards the away fans. No different to a player going up to the away supporters and pretending to fire a shotgun at them. 

Can imagine this forum going into meltdown if Wifebeater or Berisha did something similar to us at a derby. 

Tbh I thought the same from watching the Channel 7 coverage when it initially happened, then when they showed the angle from behind it didn't look like he purposely went to the Carlton supporters, they just happened to be close to where he was at the time of kicking the goal. It's not like he did a Thierry Henry and ran to the opposite end of the ground to find the away fans and do a knee slide in front of them.

Now that I think more about it, although unlikely, what if this was Goodes' reaction to the people this week saying that race isn't why they boo him? And he was trying to taunt fans while later making up an excuse as to why he did it, just like the fans do.

It's the double standards which bothers me.

You're allowed to call out a 13 year old girl for racial vilification but it's ok to incite and provoke supporters with a war cry?

That was pretty ordinary from Goodes. Frankly I hope the afl reprimands him. One things for sure after that he better get used to being booed now.

Anyway I do need to point out to Mali that it was Emmanuel Adebayor NOT Thierry Henry who committed a similar (but worse) act in the EPL and very nearly started a riot.

That was pretty ordinary from Goodes. Frankly I hope the afl reprimands him. One things for sure after that he better get used to being booed now.

Anyway I do need to point out to Mali that it was Emmanuel Adebayor NOT Thierry Henry who committed a similar (but worse) act in the EPL and very nearly started a riot.

Was going to post Adebayor but I know Henry definately did it once before as well.

• Like 1

• hedaik locked this topic