Melbourne Football

City v Newcastle @ Newcastle, Sunday 7th February, 4.05 pm

Harrison

1 minute ago, mus-28 said:

Jamo is fucking trash. Has it gotten to the point where he needs to be booed at home games for Paddy to notice what everyone else does.

Agree. A very, very ordinary footballer and from where I’m sitting a woeful on-field captain. But whatever, doubt he goes anywhere this year. 

Well there are few issues I can see. One is that Garrucio isn’t comfortable that high up. Another is that Metcalfe isn’t comfortable in defensive midfield. A third is that Jamieson isn’t a good footballer. A fourth is that Maclaren can’t seem to finish very well anymore and does little else. A sixth is that Noone is having a poor game so far. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, haz said:

For all the goals Jmac scores, he misses a few easy ones too.

Most good strikers miss a few but they usually also contribute in on field play. Out of the 10 or so passes Jamie has received in his direction he hasn’t managed to control one single ball - all turn overs. This is obviously becomes a real issue for the team if you than also don’t execute your goal scoring trade.

So many issues with the team.

Edited by Mr MO

1 minute ago, Harrison said:

Well there are few issues I can see. One is that Garrucio isn’t comfortable that high up. Another is that Metcalfe isn’t comfortable in defensive midfield. A third is that Jamieson isn’t a good footballer. A fourth is that Maclaren can’t seem to finish very well anymore and does little else. A sixth is that Noone is having a poor game so far. 

Thats basically 50% of the team are dogshit. This has the makings of a 4:0 pounding. 

Very worried. 

15 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Agree. A very, very ordinary footballer and from where I’m sitting a woeful on-field captain. But whatever, doubt he goes anywhere this year. 

Things have to change obviously we can’t have a barking and biting dog as a captain when calmness and composure is required. I’m afraid PK doesn’t have the balls.

4 minutes ago, rass said:

No it wasn't, he was a mile off side and right in the keeper's way. 50 times more obvious than the GF disallowed goal.

You are right! I was focussed at the obstruction too much and completely overlooked his offside position.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Totally agree but saying that you can't disguise the shitshow unfolding. 

If we go down 3 games in a row, wait for the vitriol. 

I'm one of the more positive posters here re our team, but even i am finding us unbearable to watch atm. Whatever happens in this game, there's no hiding our football at the moment is pure shithouse.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rass said:

I'm one of the more positive posters here re our team, but even i am finding us unbearable to watch atm. Whatever happens in this game, there's no hiding our football at the moment is pure shithouse.

It’s hard too imagine that this almost the same team as last year. Minus Brillante.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rass said:

I’m trying to be positive. In fact I thought our squad was strong enough to win the league. I don’t think we’re as bad as we look but we don’t look great. Kisnorbo has to learn a lot in a short space of time otherwise he’s sunk and we’re nowhere. 

We’ve shot ourselves in the foot with the red cards and the injuries haven’t helped. Our team desperately needs rhythm and consistency of selection. That’s true of most teams but ours in particular I reckon is nothing without it. It’s almost like we’ve forgotten all that Mombaerts instilled. 

4 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

It’s hard too imagine that this almost the same team as last year. Minus Brillante.

Big loss. And never replaced. 

8 minutes ago, rass said:

I'm with you Rass, we have now entered the  "you can't polish a turd" territory. 

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, haz said:

Anyone got stats on the worst start to the season for Heart and City?

This will be the worst start to season under CFG win loss wise but will be same points tally of 6 points like 14/15. 14/15 we had W1 D2 L2. 

After 6 rounds 

14/15 W1 D3 L2 - 6 points 

15/16 W2 D 1 L3 - 7 points 

16/17 W4 L2 - 12 points 

17/18 W4 D1 L1 - 13 points 

18/19 W3 D1 L2 - 11 points 

19/20 - W4 D1 L1 - 13 points 

Edited by CityBoyz
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

In defence, the O'Neill injury is looking massive right now... And as others have said, 6 isn't Metcalfe's position. Looks lost out there and as such we look like we are a man short in the midfield.

...but even with that, no hiding the shit happening all over the ground (and in the dugout). 

... apart from that lovely little bit of link up play then!

3 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

This will be the worst start to season under CFG win loss wise but will be same points tally of 6 points like 14/15. 14/15 we had W1 D2 L2. 

After 6 rounds 

14/15 W1 D2 L2 - 6 points 

15/16 W2 D 1 L3 - 7 points 

16/17 W4 L2 - 12 points 

17/18 W4 D1 L1 - 13 points 

18/19 W3 D1 L2 - 11 points 

19/20 - W4 D1 L1 - 13 points 

Go back 1 season.  13/14. 4 points after rnd 10, 0 wins.

10 minutes ago, rass said:

as such we look like we are a man short in the midfield.

Yes and I’m also starting to think this is also the reason we go long so often, just no options in midfield and outnumbered.

We should just really ask the question why we aren’t replacing O’Neill.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1