Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Went to the footy for the first time in ages last night, and fuck me it is boring compared to a-league. No atmosphere, getting singled out for calling Nahas a fuckwit by half a bay. What is this world coming to. AFL has lost my money.

Richmond membership into the microwave?

Went to the footy for the first time in ages last night, and fuck me it is boring compared to a-league. No atmosphere, getting singled out for calling Nahas a fuckwit by half a bay. What is this world coming to. AFL has lost my money. 

You mean other fans get upset when you bag their players? Who would've thought.....

You mean other fans get upset when you bag their players? Who would've thought.....

It was more the fact I said the word "Fuckwit".

Can confirm this, I even get dirty looks nowadays just for yelling... even without profanity.

People are so soft.

Can confirm this, I even get dirty looks nowadays just for yelling... even without profanity.

People are so soft.

Thats why I stand... even then you get the PPL sitting down in front of you complaining about shit.

As long as its not Racist/Sectarian/or about death then who gives a fuck.

People are so soft.

Thats why I stand... even then you get the PPL sitting down in front of you complaining about shit.

Even getting dirty looks in standing room these days for going to the football and using it for what it has been used for by men for over a century: a social release. Ive been on this rant a million times but the game is so geared towards families etc these days that you can no longer use it as that outlet because some PC warrior will dob you into the anti-social behaviour text hotline ffs.

The sterility is stymying. :droy: 

• Like 2

People are so soft.

Even getting dirty looks in standing room these days for going to the football and using it for what it has been used for by men for over a century: a social release. Ive been on this rant a million times but the game is so geared towards families etc these days that you can no longer use it as that outlet because some PC warrior will dob you into the anti-social behaviour text hotline ffs.

Are we in danger of this at City? Big names will bring big crowds. Id hate to loose what we have had in the home end the past few years because of a new influx of families etc that will sit in the GA around and behind the terrace. 

People are so soft.

Are we in danger of this at City? Big names will bring big crowds. Id hate to loose what we have had in the home end the past few years because of a new influx of families etc that will sit in the GA around and behind the terrace. 

Tbh I already see heaps of families in the GA and most are aware of the vocal shenanigans which take place in the terrace so I don't think there'll be any issue there, the only threat for me is if the club decide to police the terrace more heavily and impose soft regulations.

I for one love being able to speak (scream) my mind along with everyone else around me in Yarraside, I hope the Melbourne City admin leaves our active support just the way it is because it's one of the best things about the club.

People are so soft.

Tbh I already see heaps of families in the GA and most are aware of the vocal shenanigans which take place in the terrace so I don't think there'll be any issue there, the only threat for me is if the club decide to police the terrace more heavily and impose soft regulations.

I for one love being able to speak (scream) my mind along with everyone else around me in Yarraside, I hope the Melbourne City admin leaves our active support just the way it is because it's one of the best things about the club.

If i can't call the opposition goalkeeper a cunt at the top of my lungs. Im out. 

• Like 2

People are so soft.

If i can't call the opposition goalkeeper a cunt at the top of my lungs. Im out. 

Amen  :clap:

People are so soft.

Amen  :clap:

I'll also second those sentiments.

I don't think we're in danger of Football becoming as sanitized as AFL, nor would I see any motivation for City to try and institute such changes.

Football fans the world over sing songs full of obscenities/scream out abuse at players non stop, and in most cases that behaviour isn't localized to one section of the crowd (Active) where people can more or less choose if they wish to be near that behaviour or not. The expectations within Active are set and you're extremely unlikely to have someone standing this area who is surprised by such behaviour, nonetheless, if someone is and speaks up they'll likely have the nature of Active explained to them.

Edited by King Malta

EGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 1

EGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Enjoy it mate.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

• Like 1