Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Dat Carlton +28.5 feel.

Went to message my Pies mate who was at the game saying 'JEFFFYYYYYYY' cause Gartlett kicked the goal to bring it to 28 with 13 seconds left. As I'm about to hit send, Collingwood get it out of the centre and Grundy kicks a goal ffs.

Live by the sword.

Stiff. Good to see the fellas do something though

We shouldn't have sung the song after that crap...

Gee, must be hard to follow a side that can play like that and still win.

My heart goes out to you Cad :(

Dont forget I was as big as Cats fan as I am now as I was in 89, 92, 94 and 95...

I know you would agrue that you think it be briliant for the Bulldogs to just make the GF but believe me its not... the sheer mention of any of these years in even a none sporting context makes me feel unhappy and takes me straight back to being the kid crying in my room all over again.

Edited by cadete

Solid win by the Blue baggers, Gibbs, Yarran and Menzel were standouts.

Hopefully we can make a strong charge after the bye, only a game + % out of the top 8 now.

You beat a team of spastics in total rebuild who got beaten by 150 last week.

If Carlton make the 8 ill eat my hat!!

• Like 1

Solid win by the Blue baggers, Gibbs, Yarran and Menzel were standouts.

Hopefully we can make a strong charge after the bye, only a game + % out of the top 8 now.

You beat a team of spastics in total rebuild who got beaten by 150 last week.

If Carlton make the 8 ill eat my hat!!

I'll eat my entire wardrobe if we make the 8, but can't a guy dream?  :lol:

• Like 2

Also nice to see Liam 'Matthew Lloyd' Jones copping a few. Maybe McCartney will realise when all his players are suspended that there's a difference between the macaffer tag role and being over physical thugs.

Brilliant bump.

In all seriousness though I don't think it was intentional as it seemed.

Kept low, kept his elbow down and tucked in and the contact started on the shoulder and due to sweat/dewy conditions slipped up and got him in the head.

But that's the rules these days, doesn't matter how its done but if the head is hit you're gone.

Im not complaining though, means Jones is out for two weeks.

But it's ok for Viney the thug yeah? ;)

tbh georgiou was more responsible than viney in that situation.

beyond that i'm not taking your bait ;) Sorry but I find it hilarious Melbourne has a player called Georgiou...

I just kept picturing Petro Georgiou in his glasses lining up on the wing in a 1980's bright blue Dees Jumper.

In all seriousness though I don't think it was intentional as it seemed.

Kept low, kept his elbow down and tucked in and the contact started on the shoulder and due to sweat/dewy conditions slipped up and got him in the head.

But that's the rules these days, doesn't matter how its done but if the head is hit you're gone.

Im not complaining though, means Jones is out for two weeks.

my memory is hazy as i was fairly intoxicated but pretty sure it was off the ball for starters which is always going to have the tribunal looking at it. secondly, the fact terlich had to be subbed for concussion was always going to count against him (since the viney case seems to have set a precedent)

the fact that the C7 broadcast viewers had him out for a min of 3, more likely 4+ was amusing. i think one to two weeks was fair.

Anyone play Superboot? Pick a player every week, however many he kicks gets added to your tally. Few conditions like have to pick a player from each team throughout the season, can't pick the same player more than twice.

You get 2 cards throughout the season so you get double points when you pick them.

Anyway, picked Kennedy on the weekend and played my card. Went from 600th overall to 12th. Also in the box seat to win the $400 monthly prize having picked Schulz the week before (6).

Thoughts on this weekend? Thinking Cloke, I want some suggestions.

- Tippet kicked 4 against the hawks and looks the goods

- Buddy loves playing against essendoomed and if he kicks straight he could easily bag 5/6

- Jack Reiwoldt against Melbourne, hmmm that's hit and miss but could provide a good POD

I wouldn't go near Cloke TBH