Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Dangerfield, Wingard, Ablett, N.Riewoldt, J.Cameron, Roughead and Fyfe are all pretty fun to watch when they're in full flight. As a Pies fan I obviously enjoy watching Pendles more than most other players though.

Edited by King Malta

Love Pendles cleanliness, one of a kind and I'm hoping the next batch of AFL midfielders use him as an example of how to get shit done. Dem basketball skills.

If you put a gun to my head I would choose the little master (GAJ), Love the small things he does around contests. Such a smart player.

Fyfe is quality but can butcher the ball a bit, very entertaining though.

Obviously bias, but could watch Jobe win contested ball all day, takes the piss. Don't think there's anyone in the AFL who could beat him in a 1 on 1 situation.

Well I can't speak for the media 6 years ago... I mean he doesn't even play the same position.

Btw arent we talking "best to watch"...

The talk was he was going go from High Half Foward like Gaz to Elite Midfielder and it never happened...

And TBH for me his no fun at all to watch because I support Geelong and I am really that biased that I dont enjoy watching Hawthorn play anyone.

Wingard.

ESP when he ripped the chainsaw in the Prelim Final prior to Port's success in the 2007 Grand Final. :up:

He's 20?

Wingard is fucking awesome though, watched the game on Saturday and he was sick, for a 20 year old to win the b&f in a Port team who proved everyone wrong last year is some effort.

Edited by DutchPride

Wingard.

ESP when he ripped the chainsaw in the Prelim Final prior to Port's success in the 2007 Grand Final. :up:

He's 20?

Lol - I was thinking of Westoff...

Shows how much I fucken care about Port Adelaide.

Edited by cadete

Dangerfield, Wingard, Ablett, N.Riewoldt, J.Cameron, Roughead and Fyfe are all pretty fun to watch when they're in full flight. As a Pies fan I obviously enjoy watching Pendles more than most other players though.

Is it just me or anybody else think this bloke is pretty one dimensional and does his best work chasing kicks down the wing/on the HB flank while supposedly being one of the best CHF's of all time?

anyway, I dont enjoy watching him play so I suppose that's the point Im trying to make.

Maybe this should go in unpopular opinions you have thread....

Is it just me or anybody else think this bloke is pretty one dimensional and does his best work chasing kicks down the wing/on the HB flank while supposedly being one of the best CHF's of all time?

anyway, I dont enjoy watching him play so I suppose that's the point Im trying to make.

I litterally thought the exact same thing when I read his name - Its also really annoying watching him kick at goal.

Can't go past Gazza to watch. He really is just unbelievable what he pulls off week in week out.

The thought that a bloke has 25 touches and has had a bad game didn't exist until Gazza exploded 8 years ago.

Best midfielder I have ever seen hands down, probably top 5 best players ever IMO

• Like 2

Well I can't speak for the media 6 years ago... I mean he doesn't even play the same position.

Btw arent we talking "best to watch"...

The talk was he was going go from High Half Foward like Gaz to Elite Midfielder and it never happened...

And TBH for me his no fun at all to watch because I support Geelong and I am really that biased that I dont enjoy watching Hawthorn play anyone.

Never had the tank (or consistency) and the hammy will always be an issue.

That's fair enough, I hate Geelong as much as you hate the Hawks, although I there's one player I've always loved to watch from your mob. Stevie J.

I personally enjoyed watching him run into packs, his eye on the ball with no regard for his own safety. Plus, you've gotta respect his tank, he runs and runs all day.

He might not be as 'electric' as some when you're talking about excitement factor but I've always been a big fan of the endeavour he shows on the field.

Edited by King Malta

Love the biased opinions of Cadete and Marteaux in this thread.

Fixed :up:

Rofl - How weird is this...

Last night I dreamed I was watching a Carlton v Collingwood game and none other than Marty was carried off by his Pies Teamates for his 200th.

The funniest bit being that he was in a 1995 style Carlton Jumper as I specfically recall he had swapped jumpers with Diesel Williams at the end of the game.

• Like 3

Anyone going to disagree with pendles being the best player in the AFL to watch?

Ryan Crowley

has tried and failed numerous times to shut up Pendles. Only recall him keeping Pendles to 22 at best, but had like 4 touches himself or something. When you TRY take Pendles out...Beams, Swan, Ball, Toovey, Sidebottom run amok.

Fev was the player I most enjoyed watching when he was in his prime, absolute pure entertainment during an incredibly shit era. 

Nowadays I love watching Juddy turn it up (probably not for much longer) and when Yarran plays well, he's exciting too.

Anyone going to disagree with pendles being the best player in the AFL to watch?

Ryan Crowley

has tried and failed numerous times to shut up Pendles. Only recall him keeping Pendles to 22 at best, but had like 4 touches himself or something. When you TRY take Pendles out...Beams, Swan, Ball, Toovey, Sidebottom run amok.

If thats the case maybe Pendles should take himself out...

Fev was the player I most enjoyed watching when he was in his prime, absolute pure entertainment during an incredibly shit era. 

Nowadays I love watching Juddy turn it up (probably not for much longer) and when Yarran plays well, he's exciting too.

I think Yaz is by far our most frustrating player to watch, but he does provide some entertainment.

Love seeing Dennis go about his business!

I think Yaz is by far our most frustrating player to watch, but he does provide some entertainment.

Sack the lot of them!

Sack the lot of them!

Its funny how Andrew Mackie and Stevie Johnson in their early years where two footballers half the KP Terrace wanted to kill... 

Both of them are now viewed as evergreen Champions by almost all the Geelong Faithful.

Don't really give a fuck about the game but boy oh boy wowee did Geelong just benefit HUGELY from the AFLs rubbish new 'keep the game flowing' approach.

The big shit dopey one for Geelong (think no.16) grabs the ball, dodges one and then gets tackled but because he 'made an attempt' to get rid of the ball it was play on.

Not saying Collingwood would have gone and scored (and probably won) but would of been much more of a chance having possession from the middle other than Geelong regaining the ball out on the wing (where the ball spilled from the tackle)

Cad, a pint on Cloke kicking more than Tomafudge on Saturday night? in addition to the existing $50 bet (which I still maintain absolute confidence in winning!)

Done - mind u Superstar will prob kick more than both. :up:

Maybe it should have been the highest between Cloke possessions vs Tomahawk goals

• Like 1