Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Ah shit. Wikipedia, as truthful as a politician during an election campaign. Also I wouldn't be bagging the dogs out. The last 6 weeks they clearly looked a better side then the bombers.

:lawl:  They played one team in the 8 over the last six weeks and got humped.

The dogs fans here know I have nothing but good will for them...

But it has to be said winning your last six or seven games of a Season when a lot other sides have put the cue back in the rack can be a very deceiving form line for the next season.

Richmond supporters used to fall for this trap a lot in 2000’s and Peter Schwab fell heavily for it when he declared of the backend of the season previous that the Hawks could win the flag in 2004.

I'm clearly not one to get carried away with much, and whilst we had a good end to the season I certainly don't see us making the 8 next season let alone winning a flag.  On the other hand, whilst some teams had put the cue in the rack, it was good to see us be competitive against strong sides and not get blown apart by the likes of Geelong, Essendon, Hawthorn and Sydney.  Apart from a fadeout due to tired legs of younger lads for the most part we matched it in 3 or so quarters of games against those teams.  That's what I'm particularly happy about.

Crameri will be a good pick up for us and I think Macca has us on the right path.

Finals no... but I expect us to win a few more games next season... and personally I can't wait to see Tom Liberatore tear it up again next season

Clarko's a genius. Played a mixture of our style and freos. Our pressure and tackling was off tap. They shit themselves all over the deck.

Suck shit to Crowley and Ballantyne. Could've happened to a bigger bunch of cock holes.

Mitchell should have given his medal to Crowley rofl....

I must've watched a different game? Did Crowley's negative tactics win his club a flag?

Still unsure to why everyone hates Crowley?

I can understand why people hate Ballantyne, but can't work out the Crowley hate. Nobody can provide any evidence of the so called dirty tactics, his tribunal record is relatively clean, and multiple players have come out saying hes a clean player. Feel sorry for the guy, works his ass off and is one of our most important players.

Still unsure to why everyone hates Crowley?

Such a fucking gun. Love watching him and Ballantyne run around. The fact they get talked about so much is just proof they are doing their jobs spot on.

Crowley is one of the best taggers there has ever been.

Crowley's my favorite player in the league. And this is coming from a dogs supporters.

I don't particularly think hes a shit bloke as such, just captain negative in Ross Lyons ugly team of purple boring shitness.

Oh and he wears sweat bands.

I do find it funny Crowley tries to get under PPL's skins by being their mate, the footage of Stevie J shaking his hand mid game is rather amusing...

Not sure how you can bag Crowley out. His beaten Selwood Johnson Jack and now Mitchell all in big games this year. His certainly not far behind Ling IMO. Ling probably hurt his opponent offensively a little more.

Ballyntine on the other hand. I must say. I got a lot of pleasure watching him choke on the biggest stage.

I don't particularly think hes a shit bloke as such, just captain negative in Ross Lyons ugly team of purple boring shitness.

I do find it funny Crowley tries to get under PPL's skins by being their mate, the footage of Stevie J shaking his hand mid game is rather amusing...

Jobe Watson has said he is his favourite person to talk to on the footy field.

Great player and apparently a good bloke too.

I do find it funny Crowley tries to get under PPL's skins by being their mate, the footage of Stevie J shaking his hand mid game is rather amusing...

Link?

I saw it on the GF Pregame Broadcast.

I do find it funny Crowley tries to get under PPL's skins by being their mate, the footage of Stevie J shaking his hand mid game is rather amusing...

Link?

I saw it on the GF Pregame Broadcast.

It wasn't the incident when they pushed each other aswell? I saw that but that was actually after the match.

Ablett mentioned that Crowley tried to be his "mate" when he tagged him too.

Don't think his anywhere Ling YET. Yes he had a massive 2013, lets just see if he can do it for 2 or 3 seasons.

He's already done it for 2 or 3 seasons, hes been doing it for the last 4. He won the Doig Medal last year for Freos best player.

Viccos only noticing him now because they've been forced to watch more than 1 game of Freo playing this season. 

• Like 1

I have to admit hedaik1 that a few of the earlier winners were really not about to the status of winning a medal named after a legend of a man like George Doig.

Peter Mann, Jason Norrish etc

But the man giving out the votes (Neesham) was a great judge of players ability!

I have to admit hedaik1 that a few of the earlier winners were really not about to the status of winning a medal named after a legend of a man like George Doig.

But the man giving out the votes (Neesham) was a great judge of players ability!

Half the blokes I went to school with were related to the bloke so I actually had to hear all the time that he really was a good coach... :droy: :droy:

Half the blokes I went to school with were related to the bloke so I actually had to hear all the time that he really was a good coach... :droy: :droy:

Considering the team we had he probably was a decent game day coach to be fair to him. Off the field though he stuffed us up for a good 10 years. 

• Like 1

Well in that case we should also change the name of the Norm Smith medal to the faggot shit cunt medal because a defensive player who's sole aim is to stop their opposition also won it.

Brian Lake ate Freo for breaky, don't be mad at him for being a champ.

Not mad at him, just making a point that defenders are just as negative as a tagger. They both have the sole job of stopping their opposition from getting the ball.

• Like 1