Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Really confident the puppies can finish off this year as a high and knock of the crows (h), lions (a), melbourne (h) and finish with a 9-13 record.

Which when we were at one stage sitting 1-7 would be a real reward and deserved finish for the effort the boys have put in, in this second half of the season. May just actually being a little light and something special at the end of this tunnel we currently find ourselves in.

Onwards and upwards from here..

CARN THE PUPS.

1 down, two to go.

Can pencil melbourne in. And Brisbane were less than impressive against GWS.

• Like 2

To think the essendon thing was going to be sorted before finals. This shits never gonna end :droy:

What staggers me is the sheer number of injections the players had. It seems irrelevant to me whether the substances were banned or not...to have that number of injections of substances you know nothing or almost nothing about...you have to be crazy to do that. No way you would even do that with your GP, let alone an unqualified layman.

I know the eagles have been hampered by injuries and shit this year.

But after watching them tonight I'm convinced they are the biggest bunch of downhill skiers in the league.

No effort and their skill level is beyond pathetic.

Didn't this mob get knocked out in a prelim final last year.

Ranks for me one of the biggest falls in a season ever.

Behind hawthorn winning a flag then missing the 8 lol.

But after watching them tonight I'm convinced they are the biggest bunch of downhill skiers in the league.

Would also throw Adelaide in there, only losing tippet last year and they've plummeted out of the 8 too.

Would also throw Adelaide in there, only losing tippet last year and they've plummeted out of the 8 too.In a season with a lot more top eight challengers than the previous few the Crows and North both had the easiest draws last year...

I will leave it at that.

Edited by cadete

Would also throw Adelaide in there, only losing tippet last year and they've plummeted out of the 8 too.

Taylor Walker's injury has hurt them badly this year; Josh Jenkins is one of the worst set shots going around in the AFL at the moment!

WC have a brilliant team on paper.

I'm very very surprised how badly they've played all year, and think they'll be back amongst it next year.

I don't reckon they will. Had a couple of retirees this season, Glass with 1 season left with Cox and Kerr probably not too far off themselves. 

If Natanui can start playing a bit more consistently rather than being a flash in a pan and Darling starts winning his own ball instead of playing for free kicks then they'll go further, but currently I don't see things getting better for them anytime soon.

All teams have injuries...Sydney and Freo have been missing key players all season and still finished in the top 4 so they can't use that excuse either.

Edited by hedaik1
  • Like 1

i blame the afl for basing these punishments on an 'interm report' when they haven't even gotten all the details yet. They have basically bowed down to media pressure and rushed these punishments. I also am pissed off with these supposed negotiations. Why would we negotiate with the afl  for 2 days if they were going to give us these punishments regardless of what we said? Or are we just the worst negotiators in the world?

I am extremely pissed off at hird and the whole footy club don't get me wrong, but the afl could've handled this so much better.

Softer decision from the AFL then blancmange.

Joking or serious? Please explain how losing draft picks, being kicked out of finals, ans a massive fine are soft?

If I was an Essendon fan I'd be elated at the outcome.

No points removed for this season or next season. No wooden spoons. Fine reduced by 1 and half mill. Get a compensation 1st round draft pick for the 2014 draft. No life bans for Hird et all. VFL side free to compete this weekend. And no charges of taking banned substances, only governance related.

From what the AFL had been lining you up for, I reckon you got off very lightly when you consider your club basically subverted the integrity of 2 full seasons of AFL football for the rest of the competition.

To put it in perspective, Carlton got hit with worse draft penalties for what they did then what you got.

Hopefully there'll be some solace when the AFL fixture your lot with Sunday twilights for next season, but somehow I can't see that happening.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 2