Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

FOOTSCRAY! really confident in the club and the direction we're heading in..

feel the exact same. so excited for what we have in store for us in 3-4 years time.

could be something very special..

Ayce and Jordy are finally understanding and doing something together upfront.

Not running into eachothers paths, blocking for eachother etc.

Ayce has tremendous marking ability and I think we should isolate him upfront.

But ffs, they have to start staying out 30-60mins after every training session and practice goal kicking.

And Liam Jones should join them and should actually stay out longer tbh, because one day it will come down to a very important moment and one of the three will be lining up for goal and will kick it closer to being on the full than a goal.

Our midfield is ticking over nicely, with libba and wallis now getting extended stints in there and are proving to be quite a handful for other teams to handle.

Loved the way Christian Howard waltzed into the side and played like he had been around for 10 years, a star of the future.

Luke Dahlhaus, does anything really need to be said?

One player who has been extremely underrated this year, has been Mark Austin.

No-one takes any notice of him, but for me has been one of our best players this year.

Has come into the side, with hardly any experience (I think 10 games in 4 years at carlton??) and has done his job EACH and EVERY week.

Has gone with Riewoldt, Hawkins, Dawes and other big names this year and has kept them relatively quiet.

And on one final note, watch out for the young beast of a man.

Jack Redpath, he is built like a brick shit house and is starting to find his way in the VFL, he is on the rookie list but can see him because a very important part of our future coming out of FF.

Only reason he wasnt picked up as a young kid through the draft was because of ongoing knee problems which he has seemed to move on from now.

redpath.jpg

Edited by MTP

the kid's 21 and played 9 games... wouldn't expect him to set the world on fire just yet but you can notice the improvement especially in last week's game... hopefully by the time he's played 70 plus games he'll have his break out game such as the one a prominent 'much hyped' geelong key forward did in last year's GF... ;)

Did anyone watch the game tonight? I was out at a dinner. Only watched the scoreboard tick over, updating every minute.

Cats. Are. GORRRRRRRRRN. Dish that up in the finals, you will get smacked by a team that knows how to put teams away.

Your rebuttal?

Found out that my legal studies teacher is the son of St Kilda legend Carl Ditterich. Pretty cool guy, just out of uni.

Pies - Weagles was a pretty awesome. Have missed those sorts of finishes to games.

Our depth due to youngsters coming through is incredible. Buckley has a hard job juggling the game time of some of these guys. I hope we can hold onto them, if we do - the future is very bright.

Sack Dawes, anybody want him? Fucking spastic. Use him as trade bait and send him to the twos. If Macaffer wasn't injured Dawes wouldn't be anywhere near the team.

Once again - Dane Swan. Absolute king in every aspect of life. Dad said he saw him doing the chicken dance on the bar at The Barkly after the game.

Okay, here is legitimate question;

Why the fuck does the MCG get opened up to host a match that gets 20k to a 100k capacity? Looks fucking horrible on TV when there is 15-20 per majority of bays, club loses money & it's a massive waste of time.

The AFL have contracts with Melbourne's two largest stadiums. They are then required to fixture matches in one of those two stadiums dependant upon which of the stadia the 'Home' team has a contract with.

Just because a match ie Melbourne vs GWS isn't going to draw a significant crowd there is no reason that Melbourne, the home team, should be forced to relocate the game away from their aligned venue.

I agree that it does look silly when there is 20 odd thousand people in a stadium with the capacity of 100,000 but it in the end is actually of advantage for all the league's teams as the matches that draw 70-100,000 actually subsidise the competition.

To use an A-league example: if we(MHFC) were to be playing CCM at home and we expected circa 6,000 people, we would not move the game or forgo our 'home ground advantage'. We play there each week as it is our home and it needs a capacity of 30,000 so when we do have large scale matches ie derbies there we have the capacity to stage them.

In a sense, the ground must be able to hold large scale matches and smaller scale matches and it's a lot easier to fit less in a big stadium than more in a small one.

Basically Braveheart's list is correct except for a couple of one offs such as Collingwood playing a home game against Port at Etihad as well as later will play one against NM there. Richmond played one home game against WCE this season too at ethiad. Saints having a home game against the Hawks at the MCG is one case of it going the other way.

This year Melbourne and Hawthorn are the only clubs to play all their home melbourne fixtures at the MCG. Hawks having home games in tassie and Melbourne playing one at TIO.

Good point - but give me Maxy in defence over Lindsay up forward any day really. That said I do laugh whenever both of them get anywhere near the ball.

But I'm sure a few other teams wouldn't mind having Maxwell in their team - the guy doesn't give up often despite his apparent lack of ability, and does plug some of the holes that sometimes appear. We play a lot differently without him though, for better or worse no one really knows.

Lindsay Thomas is an average forward but if Robby Tarrant plays consistently well and Drew Petrie plays deep then the Roos would have a solid forward line.

The Dogs midfield couldn't get us through this game, especially with Brisbane being pumped and having there bullshit Memorabilia Room celebrations after the game.

Ayce used his body alot better I thought but still didn't kick a goal and Roughead was very average again. Dark days at Whitten oval...

Lindsay Thomas is an average forward but if Robby Tarrant plays consistently well and Drew Petrie plays deep then the Roos would have a solid forward line.

The Dogs midfield couldn't get us through this game, especially with Brisbane being pumped and having there bullshit Memorabilia Room celebrations after the game.

Ayce used his body alot better I thought but still didn't kick a goal and Roughead was very average again. Dark days at Whitten oval...

Robbie Tarrant: FFS perfect example of guy who had two thirds of the work of being drafted done before he actually kicked a football in his final year of school.

Surname: Tarrant - Check.

School: Xavier College - Check.

He had 3 shoulder reco's 2 years ago and then broke his thumb last year, followed by Hip surgery post-season so if he can stay fit and perform then good on him.

Does not change the fact that he had a lot things outside of his ability going for him when he was drafted.

You guys have no idea over Lindsey Thomas.

Yes a lot of supporter especially north supporters get frustrated with his goal kicking but everything else is first class. I have always believe in Thomas and always stood up for him.

Yesterday he was awesome! His forward pressure, tackling and his possession that not at goal was perfect. He kicked 3 goals yesterday alongside all with all the other good things he did. Also apart from that his love for the jumper sets him apart from a lot of players at our football club! It actually means something to him like it does to supporters( several times has kissed the jumper ).

I must admit I have questioned Robbie tarrant but yesterday he let his performance do the talking and shut me up that's for sure. Hope he builds on this.

Go north :)

• Like 1

Argie, I can’t help but get the feeling if North defeated the East Malvern Under 13’s that on Monday I will be reading a Argie Pro North Post. :)

Why don’t u post when they have played ratshit?

Like Geelong yesterday, even though we won by 38pts the only thing worse than us was the umpires.

Can the club just come out and say Pods is still injured from last year’s GF FFS – He had not played well since Round One.

And u can tell things are not looking good when we have a Pinch Hitter as our highest Goal kicker, I remember last this happened and then when Benny Graham moved permanently up forward: He turned shit.

Some of our results have been really frustrating there is no question about that.

Port Adelaide was very hard to take

Doggies considering how they where going and the fact that if we want to make finals there the games we have to win.

Hawthorn was simple embarrassing

Was probably trying to avoiding writing a cadete essay when we had those losses but yet was always trying to stay positive. Also probably was busy with all those so called supporters and member writing terrible posts on our Facebook page and replying to them and standing up for my football club. Obviously those same people aint cutting there membership now and saying we are north Melbourne when 3 weeks ago it's was we should of moved to GC.

Still think north is thereabouts of where it probably should be losses to port and doggies have slightly been canceled out with the wins against Geelong Adelaide and stkilda.

There is no point being in the 8 for a week and dropping out I hope we stay there. Our run isn't as easy as every1 thinks there all tough games but when we play with the ability like we did yesterday despite even the umpires giving us nothing we can beat any1.

So now we have west coast in Hobart which is going to be very difficult but let's hope for the best! Go Kangas! A true football club stay in its own suburb! We are north Melbourne! Just saying :)

• Like 2

North Melbourne supporters wanting to commit after that loss?

We lost by 2 to the team on top. Tell me that result was gonna happen after the Hawthorn game and I would have had a doctor check you out.

Simply put the kids cannot put together 4 quarters and despite playing well for most of the game, when you start to slack off against quality opposition you get punished. Simple.

If we can beat the Blues next week it will make for an interesting end to the season. At least this year we have shown to be able to compete against the top sides (bar Hawthorn).

Keep the faith I always say, it's losses like these that make the wins that much more better when you stay committed.

What a finish it was, for North Melbourne to go down by 2 points in the end after leading by 35 points. The supporters shouldn't be feeling disappointed about that, happens all the time in footy. If I was a North supporter i'd feel more excited than angry, they just nearly rolled a top 4 side. Would have been an amazing effort by a young side if it was to happen, Get excited North fans, the future is looking very bright.