Melbourne Football

The Paddy Kisnorbo thread

TheStig

37 minutes ago, Bannon said:

Going to be interesting now anyone watched vidosic in action?

From memory he was average at Brisbane as head coach and got replaced after not many games. Can't see him being long term replacement. 

I suspect this has been in the works for a while and the replacement has been arranged. CFG always do things methodically and I'm actually optimistic that it's going to be a win win, for both PK and us.

Having an interim kind of indicates it's going to be an overseas coach.

• Like 3

I see Napoli is going with him to Troyes. So, another changing of the guard takes place. Vidosic doesn't have a very impressive CV and I'm not sure that he's going to last too long. However I think we'll see more use of the bench and some of the younger players. And less need for the players to wear ear-plugs...

• Like 1

Cfg finally took out the trash am I right @Mr MO;)

But in all seriousness good luck to him. I understand he took over a good squad, but to think we never finished lower the 1st under his tenor, good luck lad (just don't take any of our players!)

Hopefully they have a replacement lined up as vidosic is a hopeless coach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rado Vidosic men's record wasn't great for the 11 games he managed Brisbane roar but after that he has had success with the city women's team with 1 premiership and 2 Grand Final wins, obviously the key word is "Interim" the rumour going around is Des Buckingham will take over either this season or at the start of next season

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Waitinf for the moment you begin to wish PK was at the helm again for all his yelling on the sidelines :up:

Probably the first match where Vidosic stuffs up...

Shall I retitle the thread as "Bring back Paddy" in anticipation?

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

Pleased he has moved on, and best wished to him in France.  Will be very interesting to see how the cultured French players response to his shirt punching fire up tactics.

Really hope we get Des back onboard

Oh. I thought that the Frenchies liked a bit of a kiss and cuddle now and again...

56 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

John Masiano is the rumour going around, which would be absolutely bananas if so.

Maisiano? Surely not. Why bother with Vidosic as "interim" if so?

• Like 1

Actually the 2 min 30 sec video on the club's twitter page is well worth listening to - it's PK's farewell to us, the fans. He's much more comfortable and articulate in this sort of setting than in the live sessions. It's a touching tribute to everyone who's helped him along the way.

11 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Actually the 2 min 30 sec video on the club's twitter page is well worth listening to - it's PK's farewell to us, the fans. He's much more comfortable and articulate in this sort of setting than in the live sessions. It's a touching tribute to everyone who's helped him along the way.

I guess you can rehearse and retake those videos, take your time. Being a public and live speaker isn’t for everyone.

• Like 1

• jw1739 changed the title to The Paddy Kisnorbo thread
27 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I've changed the title of the thread. Love him or not, he's brought us the results and titles we craved, two derbies that we'll never forget, and deserves more than just the odd mention now and again in "Where are they now?"

Good move and he has copped plenty of flak considering the success we've had under him. Some people are just hard to please...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

100%, and it's probably more than being hard to please, i say unrealistic expectations. 

Game management and result yes, I fully agree.

But do we really label; communication, sideline behaviour and fall out with staff and players as unrealistic expectations? Those are junior coach basics. 

Edited by Mr MO
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

I get that you didn't like him and probably glad he has moved on, but IMO he has been our best and most successful coach. And thats across all the levels he coached at. 

He sure is and I’m not denying that but to call some basic requirements of coaching (at any level) as unrealistic expectations, I can’t agree with.

I believe that many coaches to come will be successfully with our resources, but time will tell at least PK has his legacy in the history books.

16 hours ago, Mr MO said:

He sure is and I’m not denying that but to call some basic requirements of coaching (at any level) as unrealistic expectations, I can’t agree with.

I believe that many coaches to come will be successfully with our resources, but time will tell at least PK has his legacy in the history books.

How much more success do you expect another coach to bring? It seems you have a real personal issue with PK and despite the success we have had you still will never be pleased 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

How much more success do you expect another coach to bring? It seems you have a real personal issue with PK and despite the success we have had you still will never be pleased 

You are clearly not reading.

Jovan called PKs flaws as unrealistic expectations, I just disagree with that. Nothing to do with not being pleased with winning silverware.

I do not know him on a personal level, so it’s certainly not personal.

This is football, we are Melbourne City and we will have many successful managers with our resources. But now that you ask, my expectation is a similar level of success without some of the cringe obvious flaws, not counting game management.

Edited by Mr MO

12 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Just thinking about it - this was obviously a done deal a while before even the rumour started. You don't pack up and move to France at the drop of a hat.

Well I think that the previous coach was sacked the first week of November. It is more likely that CFG had been thinking about replacing the coach for a while and had been looking at potential candidates. But once the guillotine had been used then it quickly gathers pace. And yes, people do move at the drop of a hat :)