Melbourne Football

The Paddy Kisnorbo thread

TheStig

54 minutes ago, The Aardvark said:

Just watched his episode of All Access. 

Man he is the exact type of coach I hated when i played football. I mean he seems fairly switched on tactically but i despised the whole "show me you want it" kind of bullshit, and the bit where he goes round the circle at halftime and asks players "are you gonna let their full back dominate you?" was vomit inducing. 

Hasn't really changed my view of him, and he is clearly still getting results, but should be compulsory viewing for anyone considering signing for us. While it might turn some good prospects away it might also save us a Pucciarelli type if they see that and go "yeah he's not for me". 

I won’t comment anymore what I really think as I’ve done that enough.

But what puzzles me is this type of pep talk at half time when you are 0-2 up and against ten men. You would think it was the opposite. 

This is also our best ever start to a season after 5 games (and 4th best for all clubs).

If we won against WSW, it likely would have been the best start to a season in A League history. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/a-league-men/saisonstarts/wettbewerb/AUS1/plus/?sortierung=beste&sortField=pkt&saisonIdVon=1976&saisonIdBis=2022&spieltag=5&eingrenzung=alle

Edited by haz

8 hours ago, haz said:

This is also our best ever start to a season after 5 games (and 4th best for all clubs).

If we won against WSW, it likely would have been the best start to a season in A League history. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/a-league-men/saisonstarts/wettbewerb/AUS1/plus/?sortierung=beste&sortField=pkt&saisonIdVon=1976&saisonIdBis=2022&spieltag=5&eingrenzung=alle

Fairly certain Victory won their first 7 games in 06/07

Sydney also didn't lose their first 20 or so back in 16/17 I think

1 hour ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Fairly certain Victory won their first 7 games in 06/07

Sydney also didn't lose their first 20 or so back in 16/17 I think

You're absolutely correct about MV in Season 2006/07.

In 2016-17 Sydney didn't lose until the 20th match, and it was their only loss for the season.

I think we should focus on our own matches one by one as they come up. Most of the the records that we hold aren't the ones that we wish to look at - most consecutive games without a win, most consecutive away games without a win, most consecutive away defeats, most away defeats in a season.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Given the inevitability of Paddy moving abroad, it's honestly not the worst timing if true given the extended World Cup break.

We've had a near-perfect start, the squad is strong and well-gelled and the players get to experience a fresh voice.

The danger is if that voice is disruptive and egotistical (ala Joyce).

2 hours ago, Zanty said:

I don't think we should go for Des, he is not ready yet imo, Papas would be good, otherwise we should look overseas

We have a coach who still isn’t ready. Des was a good influence on Paddy, he was a big loss for us when he departed. Saying that, he’s the head coach for Mumbai City, he’s got his own project why would he come back?

5 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

@Mr MOwill be shattered if he goes :(

I thought you guys switched the forum off today so that I couldn’t comment!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Nate said:

Given the inevitability of Paddy moving abroad, it's honestly not the worst timing if true given the extended World Cup break.

We've had a near-perfect start, the squad is strong and well-gelled and the players get to experience a fresh voice.

The danger is if that voice is disruptive and egotistical (ala Joyce).

I agree this might be perfect timing in my book haha… but realistically most coaches have committed to clubs so I won’t be surprised if we just get an interim manager.

Obviously nothing official but if true it would be a puzzling move for me. 

As his own description he considers himself a young and by extension an inexperienced manager. Leaving a potentially championship winning team that he was instrumental in building and moving to a team on the verge of relegation battle in a country he has never played or coached and I'm assuming wouldn't speak fluently. Yes relegation battle, 4 teams will be relegated this season. 

Very strange decision. But good luck to him.

For his replacement could possibly be the best possible appointment ever. Generally speaking coaches only get jobs as result of a previous poor run, rarely does anyone get a job of top team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Can't see a move to Troyes happening. Too big a leap.

It does feel like a big step, and I agree with Jovan it does seem a little odd. Then again, Eric Mombearts is at Troyes....so they can work together.

It's only a rumor so far.

Edited by Mr MO

Slightly different perspective on it: 

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2022/melbourne-city-manager-patrick-kisnorbo-favourite-for-troyes-job/

Whatever our views on his style, his results are impressive on his CV (better than Mombaerts). Given CFG's ownership of Troyes I'd say there's substance in the rumour, but that doesn't mean it's a done deal. Let's face it, we're just a feeder club.

Wait and see.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Slightly different perspective on it: 

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2022/melbourne-city-manager-patrick-kisnorbo-favourite-for-troyes-job/

Whatever our views on his style, his results are impressive on his CV (better than Mombaerts). Given CFG's ownership of Troyes I'd say there's substance in the rumour, but that doesn't mean it's a done deal. Let's face it, we're just a feeder club.

Wait and see.

Nothing wrong with being a feeder club. Currently we are on top, we are developing talented youth and we are winning trophies.

• Like 5

Out of curiosity I checked other CFG clubs to see whether their managers may be suitable. It turns out that three clubs are without managers:Troyes, Montevideo, Bolivar. Then there is Muscat (who definitely would be a no).

If Paddy departs, should the candidate be a local or a visa manager? If visa what qualities do they need to bring to improve the squad further?

42 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Out of curiosity I checked other CFG clubs to see whether their managers may be suitable. It turns out that three clubs are without managers:Troyes, Montevideo, Bolivar. Then there is Muscat (who definitely would be a no).

If Paddy departs, should the candidate be a local or a visa manager? If visa what qualities do they need to bring to improve the squad further?

IIRC we've only had Mombaerts who has made the move from another club in the CFG stable to Melbourne City. According to Transfermarkt Momby quit City on 3rd September 2020, the day that CFG announced that they had bought a majority interest in Troyes. I'm not sure that we can say Momby went directly to Troyes, but he's there now (although not as Manager/Head Coach). If we assume that PK is going to Troyes, then the last two moves involving us will be from us to somewhere else (Bucks to Mumbai, and PK to Troyes).

I'm not sure that there's sufficient evidence to be definitive, but perhaps it's a bit more likely that we appoint someone here with the intent of moving him on to another CFG club in due course rather than bring someone here already established within CFG.

• jw1739 changed the title to The Paddy Kisnorbo thread