Melbourne Football

The Paddy Kisnorbo thread

TheStig

11 hours ago, playmaker said:

Bring him back.

The best manager in our club's history.

I know alot of people don't like him for there own reasons but I honestly second this. Yes he was a hard nut and the players from what I've been told weren't a fan of how he trained and coached but let's be honest here. Did PK let the players just roll over and cop it? Absolutely not. If he was in charge in the GF there is now way we would have lost that game in the manner we did. Am I saying we would have won? Absolutely not. Am I saying we would have copped 6? No chance! Even this season if you watch Vidmar and the way he coaches it is very similar to Rado. He isn't vocal, he doesn't make changes when they need to be done and has absolutely no plan B which has been our problem for a long time. I myself would love to see him back coaching. I'm not saying it would fix all our problems but I definitely feel we wouldn't be performing as shit as we have been so far! Bring back PK I say!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, heart1011 said:

I know alot of people don't like him for there own reasons but I honestly second this. Yes he was a hard nut and the players from what I've been told weren't a fan of how he trained and coached but let's be honest here. Did PK let the players just roll over and cop it? Absolutely not. If he was in charge in the GF there is now way we would have lost that game in the manner we did. Am I saying we would have won? Absolutely not. Am I saying we would have copped 6? No chance! Even this season if you watch Vidmar and the way he coaches it is very similar to Rado. He isn't vocal, he doesn't make changes when they need to be done and has absolutely no plan B which has been our problem for a long time. I myself would love to see him back coaching. I'm not saying it would fix all our problems but I definitely feel we wouldn't be performing as shit as we have been so far! Bring back PK I say!! 

Do you think that he would have made Good & Reis run faster? Do you think that he would have made Ugarcovic have vision?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, heart1011 said:

There’s an error here in your assumption. PK never made tactical changes, barely subs and doesn’t have a B plan. These are facts from his time here and in France.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

There’s an error here in your assumption. PK never made tactical changes, barely subs and doesn’t have a B plan. These are facts from his time here and in France.

All fair points. PK also took us to 2 Premiers Plates (Basically 3) and 2 Grand Finals. Yeah ok Mombaerts started the change and PK took over but you watched him on the sidelines and he was constantly wanting more. Prime example of that is when Tilio scored that ripper goal against Sydney. He still wasn't happy and still wanted more. Explain how you see that in either Rado or Vidmar now? They both litteraly sit on the bench with there hands under their ass shitting themselves when we concede. In actual fact they are doing that before we have even scored. 

34 minutes ago, heart1011 said:

All fair points. PK also took us to 2 Premiers Plates (Basically 3) and 2 Grand Finals. Yeah ok Mombaerts started the change and PK took over but you watched him on the sidelines and he was constantly wanting more. 

People keep forgetting under what circumstances we won those league titles as it was all fortunate and came together nicely, which is still welcome of course - inherited quality squad, seriously weak A-league, City was the only team who kept the team together. Cracks starting to show when his own input was required and the rest is history.

Nothing wrong with being active on the side line. However the barking was disliked by the players as they just didn’t understand it. Chest pounding speeches without a meaning don’t last long. 

I’m not defending Rado and Vidmar, just putting everything in perspective. PK isn’t going to turn to this squad around either he’s welcome to try.

Edited by Mr MO

8 hours ago, heart1011 said:

All fair points. PK also took us to 2 Premiers Plates (Basically 3) and 2 Grand Finals. Yeah ok Mombaerts started the change and PK took over but you watched him on the sidelines and he was constantly wanting more. Prime example of that is when Tilio scored that ripper goal against Sydney. He still wasn't happy and still wanted more. Explain how you see that in either Rado or Vidmar now? They both litteraly sit on the bench with there hands under their ass shitting themselves when we concede. In actual fact they are doing that before we have even scored. 

Most of the best managers in any sport tend to be quiet on the sidelines. The need to bark orders is more indicative of the weaker managers.

Everyone has an opinion which is good and great and all that, but the truth is in the results and based on the results, Kisnorbo is by far the best manager we have ever had.

Van shit had a great list and failed, Aloisi, Valkanis were incompetent, Joyce was the devil, had a great list and failed, and Mombaerts was just a nice guy who gave the club hope after the devil came through and destroyed everything.

Kisnorbo = success = fact = truth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...