Melbourne Football

City vs sauce bottles away 3/02/21

Shahanga

21 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

So much enthusiasm for this game we don’t even have a thread 24 hours or so out.

Hopefully Reis and Atkinson are ins and Griff makes the squad.

I think that reflects the level of resignation and disappointment after Sunday. I can't get excited and I'm not very hopeful. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, neio said:

Reis starts instead of Stokes, Jamo starts instead of Galloway with Garuccio moving to RB, Griffiths starts over Gomulka 

Atkinson gets 35-40 off bench

Must take 3 points

Exactly my thoughts. Wouldn’t be surprised if they manage Reis carefully this week and start him on Sunday but I’d like to see him tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Exactly my thoughts. Wouldn’t be surprised if they manage Reis carefully this week and start him on Sunday but I’d like to see him tomorrow.

There is a chance of that, but if he is ready to go I'd start him. I'd prefer him to start and get as much work in as he can, then come on for 20 minutes at the end of game that won't do heaps for his fitness. 

He is expirienced enough to know what he can put his body through in his current fitness levels 

He might as well do his hammy in a match as at training.

But seriously,  as many have said previously, our visa players should be in the starting eleven or they should be given the arse. If they're not they are only keeping our academy products on the bench.

And PK needs his head read if he thinks Berenguer is an impact player off the bench.

Rant over.

2 hours ago, Harrison said:

I think we win tonight. Mariners aren’t that bad this season but we should have them covered.

Not at all sure how we line up but I’d like to see a lot of Reis, Griffiths, Atkinson, Berenguer and Colakovski. 

I fear you will be disappointed. No Reis or Griff in the squad, Atko and Cola warming the bench. Berenguer in a three man midfield with Metcalfe and Luna, and Gooch dropped for Jamo. 

Edited by fensaddler

5 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

Not bad on paper. Gomulka still needs time, Metcalfe into DM is a good option till Griffiths returns. Jamo was more than likely coming back into the team after a loss and I’d prefer a right footer playing RB then Gooch fitting in on his wrong side.