Melbourne Football

City v Perth @ AAMI, Sunday 31st January, 6.40 pm

Harrison

3 minutes ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

All over them for most of the half and conceded 2 stupid goals. Frustrating as hell

Pretty much this.

The first goal with a bit unlucky in fairness but fmd we were all over them.

McLaren needs to get his shit together too. Fire up you cunts, expecting some subs this half

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

All over them for most of the half and conceded 2 stupid goals. Frustrating as hell

Yup but 1-2 down - as in most of our games, when our marquee striker doesn’t have his eye on goal we won’t score many. I’m not talking about the tap ins. Gutless in midfield too.

Need to be much better in the second.

Edited by Mr MO

Hate to say it but just class and smart from Perth, 4 games in 11 days - tired legs and just winning. We got no clue this game but really just lack arrived quality.

Those missed opportunities in the first half from Jmac are costly now.

Edited by Mr MO

16 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Utter, utter shite. None of them deserve a wage. This is going to be a nothing season. We've been threatening to be truly shite in all four games and now we've finally achieved it. 

Exactly we were lucky vs Brisbane in round. 1 and vs Western were outplayed for most of the second half only started going after the 70’ in that game. Haven’t been convincing 

comaprsion 

2019/20
+10 points W3 D1 GF 7 GA 4 

2020/21 
 +6 points W2 L2 GF 4 GA 6

Edited by CityBoyz
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Utter, utter shite. None of them deserve a wage. This is going to be a nothing season. We've been threatening to be truly shite in all four games and now we've finally achieved it. 

If you look back at our earlier games; Brisbane didn’t take their chances; we were fortune; Adelaide to good for us being with 10; Western United was the better team. Looking back you are spot on. Its early season but It’s something I’ve been afraid off based on last season performances (scrappy wins and fortunate).

Top 4 should be our target, forget about the top 2 if things don’t in turn around, let’s see what Reis brings but we lack quality going forward.

I know I can upset people with this; Jmac isn’t marquee worthy when he goes completely missing in the second half, whilst not doing his trade in first half either.

1 minute ago, CityBoyz said:

Exactly we were lucky vs Brisbane in round. 1 and vs Western were outplayed for most of the second half only started going after the 70’ in that game. Haven’t been convincing 

Haha, wrote the exact same thing just now.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

If you look back at our earlier games; Brisbane didn’t take their chances; we were fortune; Adelaide to good for us being with 10; Western United was the better team. Looking back you are spot on. Its early season but It’s something I’ve been afraid off based on last season performances (scrappy wins and fortunate).

Top 4 should be our target, forget about the top 2 if things don’t in turn around, let’s see what Reis brings but we lack quality going forward.

Haha, wrote the exact same thing just now.

Our football so far is shadow of what we played under Erick.. gameplan is to go wide to the winger cross and repeat and tonight was Joyceball to Maclaren old fashioned hoof ball 

4 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Our football so far is shadow of what we played under Erick.. gameplan is to go wide to the winger cross and repeat and tonight was Joyceball to Maclaren old fashioned hoof ball 

In fairness, we were playing that way towards the end of last season too.

Four goals in four matches says it all really. I don't resile from my prediction that we'll finish well down the table this season.

• Like 1

Well that was a bad loss.

Positives:

* Tsubaki and Garrucio shredded them down the left in the first half

* Being back at AAMI, even with the silly restrictions.

Negatives:

* Terrible terrible defending from set pieces 

* looked toothless on set pieces, particularly corners.

* Craig Noone is not himself.

* when they sat back we had no answers.

17 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Depth as in players who can play there or just quality?

Both, honestly. I like Metcalfe as a player but he was pedestrian today and Gomulka still looks a little too raw to be starting. And Berenguer hardly screams the type of player who would be bashing down the hatches to force his way into the starting XI, so I do wonder whether the competition for starting places is actually there. 

With O'Neill gone for an extended period too, we definitely need a replacement.

3 minutes ago, Nate said:

Both, honestly. I like Metcalfe as a player but he was pedestrian today and Gomulka still looks a little too raw to be starting. And Berenguer hardly screams the type of player who would be bashing down the hatches to force his way into the starting XI, so I do wonder whether the competition for starting places is actually there. 

With O'Neill gone for an extended period too, we definitely need a replacement.

Petrillo basically said this is our squad. Reis was the final player. Agree midfield is scary I’d be more inclined to start Griffiths when fit ahead of Gomulka who is not a starting player yet and metcalfe too inconsistent. I’d start Griffiths with Florin and Luna who worked great in tandem last season. There is no grunt in midfield 

• Like 1