Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Signed as a free agent too. No transfer fee

2 hours ago, fensaddler said:

More seriously, I think if we'd not had the Pucci experience, we'd be seeing this as an ideal signing.

Pucci, Endoh, Hughes, Hendry, Meeweis, the Austrian dude whose name I can't recall...

11 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Most of his football has, in fact, been in the Eerste Division. Gets his fair share of yellows.

Interesting signing. Left footer. Looking forward to seeing him play.

What is interesting is that Florin, Pucci and now this Dutch guy all have similar profiles. Big chunk in European second divisions and similar age when coming to Australia.

FYI the Dutch Eerste Divisie is not even a full professional league. He did however play in the Eredivisie for the last 3 seasons.

Edited by Mr MO

14 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Probably a good outcome for him and clears space in our roster. He leaves with a shed load of respect.

I would love for Griff to go to Mumbai, stay with the group and perhaps starting a coaching career after. I always find him well spoken and has the right balance to become a coach. Not sure what his ambitions are of course. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Signed as a free agent too. No transfer fee

Pucci, Endoh, Hughes, Hendry, Meeweis, the Austrian dude whose name I can't recall...

Jack Hendry isn't a fair call - he was injured in his very first match for us IIRC. The others - yes, fair call, but I don't recall an Austrian at all - are you thinking of Koren? There have been a few strange ones, but let's hope Van Der Venne isn't one of them.

Aaron Hughes remains the biggest mystery for me. Still being selected for Northern Ireland but kept on the sidelines at AAMI Park.

10 hours ago, Mr MO said:

What is interesting is that Florin, Pucci and now this Dutch guy all have similar profiles. Big chunk in European second divisions and similar age when coming to Australia.

FYI the Dutch Eerste Divisie is not even a full professional league. He did however play in the Eredivisie for the last 3 seasons.

And all three vying for the same position perhaps? Someone's going to be on the bench.

• Like 1