Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

10 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Did we ever find out why he wassnt well liked?

Apparently him, Melling, Clisby and Garrucio weren't well loved in the dressing room and had a bit of a clique. I don't have any specific details but just know that people weren't too upset to see him go, the ferocious reaction to his antics in the game against us were further evidence of that really.

3 minutes ago, Embee said:

:droy:

so much THIS!!!! in case anyone was wondering... this was the post...

Official:
FFA have removed the salary cap.
As a result City have announced the following signings;
Zlatan
Jesus Navas
Clichy
Honda
Miguel Veloso
MArtin Caceras
and Casillas
That should fix all the problem areas of our first team

Edited by PORCHO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PORCHO said:

Official:
Zlatan
Jesus Navas
Clichy
Honda
Miguel Veloso
MArtin Caceras
and Casillas

Clichy is past it tbh, would rather Ramsay at LB

6 hours ago, PORCHO said:

can't wait for the coach to finally be announced and for us to finally start picking up players. We need min 7-8 players a few of which will be starters so we need to get cracking... Other then Bonavacia(would be an expensive pickup) and Izzo, I can't say we've really missed out on anyone, but the longer we wait the harder it gets. And it would be good to have the starting team mostly sorted before pre season. 

Not many stand outs tbh. Barbarouses back to the tards is the only other quality player we could have considered. Will be interesting where we will get our CDs from.

6 hours ago, PORCHO said:

Official:
Zlatan
Jesus Navas
Clichy
Honda
Miguel Veloso
MArtin Caceras
and Casillas

No, we fix the problem area by hiring a good coach

5 minutes ago, bt50 said:

CoastFM Journo Allan McFarlane tweeting that Troisi is City bound. Interesting.

Great get if true. Would be the shake up we need. Can't see any City fan NOT wanting him, he can play anywhere in the middle, number 10 and even on the wing if needed.

I'd be wrapped if we got him. A true number 10, proven at the level and current Socceroo. Leaves room for another visa spot within the cap, which we've had a good strike rate with under City imo.

Also the salt. The sweet, sweet salt that would emit from Mongs fans would be glorious. Our Tevez moment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dylan said:

HE just cant shoot

As a #10 I would be dissapointed.

11 minutes ago, strider said:

Great get if true. Would be the shake up we need. Can't see any City fan NOT wanting him, he can play anywhere in the middle, number 10 and even on the wing if needed.

If he was to play wide is he better than Fernando Fitzy or Kamau not sure. 

I am hoping our Marquee (that's the only way Troisi would sign) would be of a higher standard. Not bagging Troisi but if he is not good enough for the Tards then I don't want their leftovers. 

Get some unknown quality South American pay him 1.5million and we will smash it.

3 minutes ago, Jovan said:

As a #10 I would be dissapointed.

If he was to play wide is he better than Fernando Fitzy or Kamau not sure. 

I am hoping our Marquee (that's the only way Troisi would sign) would be of a higher standard. Not bagging Troisi but if he is not good enough for the Tards then I don't want their leftovers. 

Get some unknown quality South American pay him 1.5million and we will smash it.

I kinda get the disappointing aspect as its not the exotic new car that no-one else has had before, but he'd be a seriously good signing at either of the 10 or wing position and undoubtedly better than what we have. He's also proven at the level, whereas anyone else coming in has to adapt and i guess even prove they're good enough. We definitely dont need another Colazo.

I definitely disagree he's leftovers too; bloke just made team of the season and is a current Socceroo.

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

It's a shame that the tards have already resigned to the fact of him going and don't want him anymore. Would have enjoyed it more if there was more butt hurt. 

Haha THIS

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, n i k o said:

It's a shame that the tards have already resigned to the fact of him going and don't want him anymore. Would have enjoyed it more if there was more butt hurt. 

This is actually a telling point. Tards don't want him as Marquee and he is obviously unwilling to play for less so why should we.

He will most likely end up at Mariners or Jets. 

• Like 1

According to a number of journos the Tards claim they've made him around 3 contract offers, some on marquee money, so I definitely think they want to keep him.

I'm a fan of Troisi of a player and he's not as much of a risk as far as marquee's go given that he's a proven performer in this league. Plus, as @bt50 said, it could really be our Tevez moment, "Welcome to Melbourne, James".

1 minute ago, Embee said:

According to a number of journos the Tards claim they've made him around 3 contract offers, some on marquee money, so I definitely think they want to keep him.

I'm a fan of Troisi of a player and he's not as much of a risk as far as marquee's go given that he's a proven performer in this league. Plus, as @bt50 said, it could really be our Tevez moment, "Welcome to Melbourne, James".

Problem with that is there are reports the tards have offered contracts while he's come out and said the club haven't offered him anything...

My thoughts either way...

We'd finally get a much needed #10, plus he's better then what we have. I just feel like we could/should get much better out of a marquee... a proper #10, preferably one that's played at a top league, with some commercial value, can hit the ball, has bleached hair... :ph34r:

• Like 1

Just now, PORCHO said:

Problem with that is there are reports the tards have offered contracts while he's come out and said the club haven't offered him anything...

We'd finally get a much needed #10, plus he's better then what we have. I just feel like we could/should get much better out of a marquee... a proper #10, preferably one that's played at a top league, with some commercial value, can hit the ball, has bleached hair... :ph34r:

Those comments have me leaning towards him coming to us. I don't think he's being truthful, he's simply painting himself in the most positive light possible so that he can blame the Victory when he moves to a divisional rival in my opinion; "The Victory didn't make me any solid offers, I enjoy living in Melbourne and felt City strongly desired my services" etc.

I think people in this thread are underselling Troisi considerably, team of the season and a staple in the Socceroos set-up of recent times, and as I said in my previous post, a proven performer at this level. We could go get a player from overseas with pedigree but there's every chance their performances don't carry over into this league.

Plus, I like the idea of us having a team stacked with Australian talent, especially current/former Socceroos.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PORCHO said:

5 minutes ago, Embee said:

Those comments have me leaning towards him coming to us. I don't think he's being truthful, he's simply painting himself in the most positive light possible so that he can blame the Victory when he moves to a divisional rival in my opinion; "The Victory didn't make me any solid offers, I enjoy living in Melbourne and felt City strongly desired my services" etc.

I think people in this thread are underselling Troisi considerably, team of the season and a staple in the Socceroos set-up of recent times, and as I said in my previous post, a proven performer at this level. We could go get a player from overseas with pedigree but there's every chance their performances don't carry over into this league.

Plus, I like the idea of us having a team stacked with Australian talent, especially current/former Socceroos.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take him... I just really really really want Honda... 

I thought the clues made it obvious... there was even the Ninja Emoji... 

Edited by PORCHO
  • Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic