Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

19 hours ago, Zanty said:

Amor Layouni who City were interested in signing is apparently signing for a club in Sweden

Hardly surprising. He was born in Sweden and has spent a large chunk of his career playing there.

20 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Would be a disaster to lose vdv

I'm not sure about "disaster" but he's the only visa player who rates for me. I'm not surprised if he is pissed off at being on the bench.

But no player should think he can dictate to the coach/manager on game time. Mr. Ronaldo made that mistake at Manchester United, who are now a far better club without him.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I'm not sure about "disaster" but he's the only visa player who rates for me. I'm not surprised if he is pissed off at being on the bench.

But no player should think he can dictate to the coach/manager on game time. Mr. Ronaldo made that mistake at Manchester United, who are now a far better club without him.

As @neiosaid in a different topic, vdv should have been in that starting eleven. This is rado being rado i reckon. Now he's going to have to pay for his decisions it seems. Strange as well considering Berisha and perhaps Frenchy are possibly on their way out. Vdv is the pick of the bunch as well imo. Shortly have given him more game time for sure. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Yeah I believe he is eligible for citizenship. Would only keep him if he didn't use a visa spot 

It's unclear why, he was injured and missed a large chunk of the season but has hardly been given an opportunity to play his way back into form. I'd certainly keep him if he didn't use a visa spot, but it also depends on who else we have in mind for the visa spots

23 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Wrong.

Flo never gets on the pitch and has been freeloading off the club for years. Time to get someone else.

He also doesn't fit the mould of player we need while we persist with this "extreme City way" style. It's just not his style to chase and harry. Then he gets a game, plonks a couple of corners right on someone's head for two goals and then next match doesn't get to take corners...

VdV is the pick of the three IMO but I wouldn't be fussed if all three leave. I think we can and should do better.

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

Wrong.

Flo never gets on the pitch and has been freeloading off the club for years. Time to get someone else.

I did say unpopular. 

In our first title winning season Flo was arguably the best player of the season before getting injured. 

45 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

We're in for Alessandro Lopane from WSW - would be a ripping signing I'd think, he's been ace from what I've seen.

He's a LW yeah? Probably to replace either Tilio or Rodrigues I'd assume...

1 minute ago, CityBoyz said:

Surely as bench player only!

25 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Ah I see. Only Berisha confirmed leaving at this stage. Berenguer I would only keep if he ain't wasting a visa spot...

I don't see the point of keeping Florin. Irrespective of his visa status he doesn't fit the "chase and harry" mould required if we are going to keep playing this extreme "City way" style - which we seem to have no intention to change even though it does not work against the better sides - and he is no longer a starting player. Nor is he a prolific scorer. Bringing him on in the 88th minute when we're already losing 1-5 is an insult to both him and City fans. IMO visa players should under all normal circumstances be starters. If we have to consider new visa signings or retaining visa players just to sit on the bench IMO we should be asking questions of the Academy.

We're going to have to have a rebuild so we might as well have a real one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I don't see the point of keeping Florin. Irrespective of his visa status he doesn't fit the "chase and harry" mould required if we are going to keep playing this extreme "City way" style - which we seem to have no intention to change even though it does not work against the better sides - and he is no longer a starting player. Nor is he a prolific scorer. Bringing him on in the 88th minute when we're already losing 1-5 is an insult to both him and City fans. IMO visa players should under all normal circumstances be starters. If we have to consider new visa signings or retaining visa players just to sit on the bench IMO we should be asking questions of the Academy.

Exactly and he is injury prone 

13 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Yeah good points made. Probably is time to cut him loose.

So these are the rumoured INs so far this pre-season...

- Jamie Young (99% certain of happening)
- Steven Ugarkovic (becoming more likely as O'neil surely is going overseas)
Amor Layouni (sounds like he's going back overseas)
- Terry Antonis (don't know why we would bother. He didn't even play a game this past season)
- Alessandro Lopane (sounds likely and talented youngster from WSW)

- Zane Schreiber (also likely and another well regarded youngster from Sydney fc)

5 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

So these are the rumoured INs so far this pre-season...

- Jamie Young (99% certain of happening)
- Steven Ugarkovic (becoming more likely as O'neil surely is going overseas)
Amor Layouni (sounds like he's going back overseas)
- Terry Antonis (don't know why we would bother. He didn't even play a game this past season)
- Alessandro Lopane (sounds likely and talented youngster from WSW)

- Zane Schreiber (also likely and another well regarded youngster from Sydney fc)

I always urge a "wait and see" approach on this. We've been disappointed fairly often.

26 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

we do have a very good young keeper who probably isn't quite ready for senior football

I really hope that we are going to see more minutes from our up-and-coming players this coming season (provided results can warrant that). As for imports I'd rather see one of of good quality rather than two who really don't add anything over and above what a local player can.

We'll know the ACL Group draw in August and IMO we need to do well in that competition to lift the club and get the fans excited about something.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I really hope that we are going to see more minutes from our up-and-coming players this coming season (provided results can warrant that). As for imports I'd rather see one of of good quality rather than two who really don't add anything over and above what a local player can.

We'll know the ACL Group draw in August and IMO we need to do well in that competition to lift the club and get the fans excited about something.

I'm keen for the champions league. We really should be aiming to qualify 

• jw1739 pinned this topic