Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

1 hour ago, Zanty said:

any idea when or just expect sometime in the next couple weeks?

I think that it's related to end-of-season/preparation for next season. So yes, probably the timeframe that you suggest.

I don't know anything more than what I posted.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I think that it's related to end-of-season/preparation for next season. So yes, probably the timeframe that you suggest.

Perfect timing to get a proper manager in!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

JW you're like a marquee player on this forum, was hoping for a bit more info. You're just lucky PK doesn't run this forum, he would freeze you out from posting quick smart. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, n i k o said:

JW you're like a marquee player on this forum, was hoping for a bit more info. You're just lucky PK doesn't run this forum, he would freeze you out from posting quick smart. 

I'd have banned him long before he would have had the chance.

Interesting one, Ruon Tongyik been released by CCM and has up to 3 clubs reported chasing him. 

I wouldn't be against having him back, he was amazing in the 20/21 season, could serve as genuine competition for Nuno and Good, and give us an option of playing 3 CB if needed (I know it's unlikely) 

14 minutes ago, neio said:

Interesting one, Ruon Tongyik been released by CCM and has up to 3 clubs reported chasing him. 

I wouldn't be against having him back, he was amazing in the 20/21 season, could serve as genuine competition for Nuno and Good, and give us an option of playing 3 CB if needed (I know it's unlikely) 

Have we ever released a player then brought them back a couple years down the track? I don't see it happening personally... 

35 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Have we ever released a player then brought them back a couple years down the track? I don't see it happening personally... 

Jordon Hall? Anthony Lesiotis?

Edited by jw1739

42 minutes ago, neio said:

I’d expect city to steer clear with rumours of off field troubles 

53 minutes ago, neio said:

a little 50/50 on re-signing the bloke from a footballing point of view.  thought he read the game poorly / very inconsistently and wasnt great on the ball either.

that said he has received a few caps for the Socceroos in the the last 18 months. 

as such it surprises me he was released by the Mariners unless (a) there's another club already lined up or (b) that there is something going on behind the seasons.

9 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

I’d expect city to steer clear with rumours of off field troubles 

remember hearing something about that - enjoys a bit too much of nightclub hoping IIRC

2 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Didn't realise we released them then re-signed them? 

TBH I'm not sure. But certainly they left the club and then came back. They were both in the Academy set-up. Hall went to the NPL(?) and Lesiotis to Victory.

Pity about Jenko, I enjoyed his time here. But completely understand too large a pay packet for the position he took and the fact that not really plays the position as we need, not that his way of playing is bad. I'd count his time with us as a successful Visa. Endoh didn't get a look in and Lesiotis probably just hasn't got it after Victory gave him a decent go.

44 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

All very logical releases to me. Well their contracts were up anyway right?

I can see Griffiths eventually going into the coaching program with us. 

Poor terminology by the club really. Their contracts had expired and were not renewed. Not the same as "released."

Edited by jw1739

14 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Griffiths is only other one who is about to expire right?

This is going in the "Current Squad" thread as well. Griffiths, Sutton and Raphael  are the other three according to my information.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, haz said:

-

He posted a club website news item that dated back to August 2015! TBH I'm astonished that all that old stuff hasn't been deleted from the website long ago.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic