Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Looks like we've signed a replacement for Atkinson, seems to be traditional fullback but is a visa player.

Atkinson gave us a more attacking and creative impulse something we still really need. I cannot see a traditional RB solving this especially with Galloway being the least of our concerns at the moment.

Should have used the cap space for another AM, RW player - Luna type and just gotten a local back up for Galloway for depth? I feel our midlfield is not making the difference in this season.

We have the champions league coming up as well and we need to adhere to the 3+1 rule. We already have Berenguer, Pucci and Nuno and now Jenskinson - so one of these players is not going to play ACL, I'm puzzled so the speak!  

A good ALM signing, if he can quickly learn our system, full backs are key players. We've seen so little of Pucciarelli that I can't imagine him being used in the ACL anyway, we'll be lucky to see him play 90 minutes in the ALM

16 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

A good ALM signing, if he can quickly learn our system, full backs are key players. We've seen so little of Pucciarelli that I can't imagine him being used in the ACL anyway, we'll be lucky to see him play 90 minutes in the ALM

You mean you want to bench Galloway? I’m puzzled but perhaps we have more coming with an +1 from Asia.

Edited by Mr MO

3 hours ago, rayv36 said:

Post on the IG page has been deleted now so was false 

43 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Looks like we've signed a replacement for Atkinson, seems to be traditional fullback but is a visa player.

Atkinson gave us a more attacking and creative impulse something we still really need. I cannot see a traditional RB solving this especially with Galloway being the least of our concerns at the moment.

Should have used the cap space for another AM, RW player - Luna type and just gotten a local back up for Galloway for depth? I feel our midlfield is not making the difference in this season.

We have the champions league coming up as well and we need to adhere to the 3+1 rule. We already have Berenguer, Pucci and Nuno and now Jenskinson - so one of these players is not going to play ACL, I'm puzzled so the speak!  

You can have unlimited foreigners now in ACL but only 3+1 on the field at once 

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

You mean you want to bench Galloway? I’m puzzled but perhaps we have more coming with an +1 from Asia.

Not necessarily, but every player should be competing for a starting spot and should make a compelling case why they start. If Galloway wants to play overseas then keeping an ex-EPL player on the bench will look good on his CV.

5 hours ago, Mr MO said:

The rule in the ACl now is you can register as many visa players as you want but only 3+1 will be on the pitch, realistically we would have Pucci, Nuno and Jenkinson on the pitch. I cant see us signing another first team player purely due to cap space 

16 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Good is in talks to go overseas. I'm hearing from my source an Asian club with big money has coming knocking

I had to go all the way back to 2003 to find a post from you in this thread which was actually true!!

Edited by Mr MO
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Nate said:

Galloway very, very stiff

@NateYeah, I think so too. Galloway has been a very good player for us, Clinched the GF for us with that third goal. Jenkinson may be good, but jeez, is that the position that we need to bolster? I'd have said that what we desperately need is some creativity up front where there's a lot of predictability.

33 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@NateYeah, I think so too. Galloway has been a very good player for us, Clinched the GF for us with that third goal. Jenkinson may be good, but jeez, is that the position that we need to bolster? I'd have said that what we desperately need is some creativity up front where there's a lot of predictability.

Completely agree but most are content with it, I’ve seen more comments of fans saying that this is a massive upgrade on Galloway. If you look at it from that resume perspective it’s true of course but I can’t help to think that I would personally spend the money elsewhere.

Edited by Mr MO

19 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Just mentioned, we're signing a Japanese no 10 in the next couple of days.

Well that’s our Asian player for the ACL then and all our 5 visa spots filled.

On paper my faith is restored with the club addressing to make the best of the season.

Edited by Mr MO

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Hold on, let’s just ask @kingofheartshe is always on the money.

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

According to an earlier @kingofhearts post he's a German-speaking Japanese...

Seriously though, maybe he's a replacement for Pucciarelli. It seems to be pointless having the latter player on our books  - doesn't even get on when we're 3-1 up at the 84th minute mark.

My source from the club is saying we're getting a player called Daizen Maeda. He currently plays for Celtic but he lead the goal scoring in the j-league last year.

We're essentially going to swap Curtis good for him, which is why he hasn't been playing. The club have asked us to keep him in good health before he goes for the medical.

Will be officially announced this week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

My source from the club is saying we're getting a player called Daizen Maeda. He currently plays for Celtic but he lead the goal scoring in the j-league last year.

We're essentially going to swap Curtis good for him, which is why he hasn't been playing. The club have asked us to keep him in good health before he goes for the medical.

If you're correct, he's a Yokohama F Marinos player on loan to Celtic.

15 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Left winger/striker? More a Leckie position than anything. Doesn't read like a 10 on fotmob. But he did score a hatful for Yokohama...

30 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Can’t see it being Maeda only loaned to Celtic this transfer window 

And why would you forgo playing at Celtic to come to melbourne 

Exactly this, Also Curtis Good has not been playing due to taking a while to recover from Covid

• jw1739 pinned this topic